Are women interested in men with muscles?

Options
stt43
stt43 Posts: 487
I researching male body image, especially in relation to things like bodybuilding. In one of the books I'm reading the writer explains how he surveyed women, asking them to rate pictures of bodybuilders. Pretty much all of the women found the bodybuilders repulsive.
Now, this study has it's flaws (as most surveys do), and isn't that recent either. Also, he used pictures of bodybuilders, whereas what I'm wondering is:

Are women more physically attracted to men that are more muscular than average, and look like they work out, but not necessarily bodybuilders? Or are such things not really appealing in any way?

(p.s. I am aware that all women are different and have different tastes, and there isn't going to be a thing that 'women' like, but I thought I would ask and see what the opinion is from a female point of view).

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I'm attracted to a man that can make me laugh and smile, regardless of everything else.
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My guess is that women, like any group of people, are all individuals and like different things. ie, some women like men with muscles but some women like other women.
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Personality/confidence/sense of humor/how he treats me trumps muscles any day of the week. No exceptions.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bet the pics were those really big body builders, I don't find them attractive. However I love muscle on men and find it extremely attractive.
  • samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    On the list of things I'm interested in for men... muscles are definitely near the bottom
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Yes. I love it.

But the muscles don't mean that nothing else matters. He still has to be respectful, thoughtful, make me laugh, be ambitious, intelligent, and basically a non-douche.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    6'2-6'6, 200-260lbs, 10-15% bf

Traps, lats, quads

When will it be my turn?
  • ObstacleRacer
    Options
    I researching male body image, especially in relation to things like bodybuilding. In one of the books I'm reading the writer explains how he surveyed women, asking them to rate pictures of bodybuilders. Pretty much all of the women found the bodybuilders repulsive.
    Now, this study has it's flaws (as most surveys do), and isn't that recent either. Also, he used pictures of bodybuilders, whereas what I'm wondering is:

Are women more physically attracted to men that are more muscular than average, and look like they work out, but not necessarily bodybuilders? Or are such things not really appealing in any way?

(p.s. I am aware that all women are different and have different tastes, and there isn't going to be a thing that 'women' like, but I thought I would ask and see what the opinion is from a female point of view).

So you know there's no one answer, but figured you'd ask anyway?

I'll save everyone some time.

Yes, some women like muscles.

Some women like guys who are funny.

Some women want guys who can provide a comfortable lifestyle for them.

Some women like men who dress up as animals in oversized mascot costumes.

Some women like guys who can score drugs for them.

Some women date black men just to upset their parents.

Some women like women.

I saw one woman who was physically and romantically attracted to a bridge.

Shall I go on?

Women are attracted to all different things.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Personality/confidence/sense of humor/how he treats me trumps muscles any day of the week. No exceptions.

this.

but to specifically answer the question, i only NOT like bodybuilder type physique when they are all lubed up on the baby oil, but since that's only done on special occasions then it's pretty much a non issue.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Some do.
    Some don't.

WTF??? You mean women have individual preference and are not a collective body of likes and dislikes????
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options

I'll save everyone some time.

Yes, some women like muscles.

Some women like guys who are funny.

Some women want guys who can provide a comfortable lifestyle for them.

Some women like men who dress up as animals in oversized mascot costumes.

Some women like guys who can score drugs for them.

Some women date black men just to upset their parents.

Some women like women.

I saw one woman who was physically and romantically attracted to a bridge.

Shall I go on?

Women are attracted to all different things.

You forgot that some women like fat guys like me! Oh wait... although hard to find, I know they are out there.. I just know it...
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to read too much into this and i'm going to assume we are talking just physical here; to me, yes, men with muscles are physically attractive, but body builders, or those with too much, are not. Of course this is all my opinion. Can't tell you what other women like. I also like somewhat skinny guys :P
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options

Yes, as I didn't want one answer, I was interested in what various people find attractive, and if muscle comes into it at all.
  • latewinter
    Options
    i dont, i like tall dark and handsome, intelligent, funny, lol
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    I smell some misc. insecurity.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I like em to have muscles because just bone and skin they cant do much but lay there, and the whole not having a heart or diaphragm thing. Yes I like men with muscles.

Although thank God turgid works without muscle control
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    My female friend told me women are very peculiar. You could be a stud with a great personality etc but they still may not like you.
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    How else are they supposed to throw you over their shoulder!?

jk.. I like funny and sweet men.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    When I first met my husband, I had never been attracted to anyone like I was to him, and it had everything to do with his charisma, charm, and sense of humor. He had an average build, some muscles, but nothing popping out. He's gained some weight over the years, but I'm just as attracted as I ever was.