Are women interested in men with muscles?

Options

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I smell some misc. insecurity.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    You got brah-dar? :P lol
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You know how you see a lot of guys with shirtless ab pictures and women drooling over them. Ever notice any guys with shirtless fat gut pictures and women drooling them? I thought so. There's your answer.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'm attracted to a man that can make me laugh and smile, regardless of everything else.

giphy.gif

tumblr_mwq0pvlLcd1sptrkjo1_400.gif
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    My female friend told me women are very peculiar. You could be a stud with a great personality etc but they still may not like you.
    It's all about the pheromones
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    No if your paycheck is small.
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've never dated a man with bulging muscles. I don't think the super bodybuilder look is very attractive, but a man who is passionate about anything and happy doing it, bodybuilding included, is attractive. I myself prefer light muscleage. Some definition but nothing crazy. I'm not perfect, I don't expect my man to be. As others stated, your personality and how you treat me will determine the length of time I can stand you. Muscles may get you noticed, but if you aren't amazing underneath the muscles, we won't last long... outside of bed, anyway.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    A little build would be nice, but not neccessary... at least for a nice girl.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    OP, go for the body you want. There will be some women attracted to that. If you are confident in that body you will attract more than if you had a different body type and were not.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I am attracted to fit-fat, 6 packs, and bear mode but feel the 6 pack physique is probably high maintenance so realiticall prefer the other two looks
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    HA! OP asked a simple, basic question about what level of muscle mass appeals to women and everyone had to get all deep and emotional or uptight about it.
    That's what I love about MFP!

Don't you dare admit that physical appearance has anything to do with attraction. :sick:
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've never been into muscles per se. The phrase 'less is more' comes to mind.
    A fit athletic build is always very nice to look at on either sex.
    I find extreme musculature of bodybuilding unattractive on both men and women.
    But none of that stuff can trump personality, character, smarts, and being funny!

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't care as long as he makes good sandwiches.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    IN for messages from the hivemind.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Some do.
    Some don't.

WTF??? You mean women have individual preference and are not a collective body of likes and dislikes????

I know it sounds weird but yes

lol
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Some do.
    Some don't.

WTF??? You mean women have individual preference and are not a collective body of likes and dislikes????

I know it sounds weird but yes

The amount of BS in these forums never fails to amaze me . . .
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I researching male body image, especially in relation to things like bodybuilding. In one of the books I'm reading the writer explains how he surveyed women, asking them to rate pictures of bodybuilders. Pretty much all of the women found the bodybuilders repulsive.
    Now, this study has it's flaws (as most surveys do), and isn't that recent either. Also, he used pictures of bodybuilders, whereas what I'm wondering is:

Are women more physically attracted to men that are more muscular than average, and look like they work out, but not necessarily bodybuilders? Or are such things not really appealing in any way?

(p.s. I am aware that all women are different and have different tastes, and there isn't going to be a thing that 'women' like, but I thought I would ask and see what the opinion is from a female point of view).

Personally, I like big muscles, but vascular is taking it too far. A guy has to be the whole package though--the muscles are great, but if he is a jerk, I'm not going to be interested for long.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Stand by guys, I gotta pull up a chair for this one...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    go look at the robert downy jr lip bite thread. you will get to see the female human unencumbered and unself conscious in her natural habitat. you will observe the male form and the responses it illicits in females who had no prior knowledge they would be watched. proceed quietly and gently ala jane goodall. You're welcome. :flowerforyou:
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    HA! OP asked a simple, basic question about what level of muscle mass appeals to women and everyone had to get all deep and emotional or uptight about it.
    That's what I love about MFP!

Don't you dare admit that physical appearance has anything to do with attraction. :sick:

This. You're always going to get the stock answer: confidence. Total cop out. You're telling me a 400lb man with confidence has the same shot at a woman as a shredded guy? Flat out 100% lie.