Are women interested in men with muscles?

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I think there's another thread for men to discuss women's bodies. Just saying.. :)

Sorry, I was just responding....
    not trying to Thread jack. :cry:

Sorry, no problem, just a reminder.. :)

I would just like to say....I like the shape of your leaves.. :laugh: :laugh:
    care to send me some naughty leaf pics??
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I don't know who those ladies are, but I don't look nearly that pretty at 25-30%.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I looked at these pics a lot over the past year and then after going in and getting a bod pod assessment I realized that I have seriously flawed self image. I thought I was well in the 25-30% range and it turns out I'm just a little over 17%. This all goes to say that the people who want to know their body fat and rely on these images to self-diagnose may have a little body dismorphia. If it is available to you and you can afford it, try getting in a Bod Pod!

Looking at your profile pic, not sure why you would think 25 - 30???

Seems based on your profile pic, the pic is about accurate.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I like my man healthy, smart, treats me good and a sense of humor. Muscles are irrelevant.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My hubs started lifting a year ago..and now that hes started I don't want him to stop...ever. Lol. We've been together 7 years and hes just now into it..so muscles weren't the selling point obviously :P
  • MityMax96
    Options
    My hubs started lifting a year ago..and now that hes started I don't want him to stop...ever. Lol. We've been together 7 years and hes just now into it..so muscles weren't the selling point obviously :P

But you are liking them now??
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I like a SOLID man ... one that may have played sports or football in the past ... i am a bigger girl I cant be with a pole ... that may change when I drop more weight ... I dont care about the 6 pack I look for honesty, consistency, and loyalty. BUT they have to be someone I would and could be intimate with

50540473.png
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I researching male body image, especially in relation to things like bodybuilding. In one of the books I'm reading the writer explains how he surveyed women, asking them to rate pictures of bodybuilders. Pretty much all of the women found the bodybuilders repulsive.
    Now, this study has it's flaws (as most surveys do), and isn't that recent either. Also, he used pictures of bodybuilders, whereas what I'm wondering is:

Are women more physically attracted to men that are more muscular than average, and look like they work out, but not necessarily bodybuilders? Or are such things not really appealing in any way?

(p.s. I am aware that all women are different and have different tastes, and there isn't going to be a thing that 'women' like, but I thought I would ask and see what the opinion is from a female point of view).

I agree with the survey of bodybuilders.. gross.. but I can't say I haven't looked twice at a man with muscular arms and shoulders. However, most women (including me) care more about a great personality.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    OP, go for the body you want. There will be some women attracted to that. If you are confident in that body you will attract more than if you had a different body type and were not.

totally agree with that, confidence is key. i like most body types but have a bit of a preference towards chubby guys
  • smelius22
    Options
    I researching male body image, especially in relation to things like bodybuilding. In one of the books I'm reading the writer explains how he surveyed women, asking them to rate pictures of bodybuilders. Pretty much all of the women found the bodybuilders repulsive.
    Now, this study has it's flaws (as most surveys do), and isn't that recent either. Also, he used pictures of bodybuilders, whereas what I'm wondering is:

Are women more physically attracted to men that are more muscular than average, and look like they work out, but not necessarily bodybuilders? Or are such things not really appealing in any way?

(p.s. I am aware that all women are different and have different tastes, and there isn't going to be a thing that 'women' like, but I thought I would ask and see what the opinion is from a female point of view).

So you know there's no one answer, but figured you'd ask anyway?

I'll save everyone some time.

Yes, some women like muscles.

Some women like guys who are funny.

Some women want guys who can provide a comfortable lifestyle for them.

Some women like men who dress up as animals in oversized mascot costumes.

Some women like guys who can score drugs for them.

Some women date black men just to upset their parents.

Some women like women.

I saw one woman who was physically and romantically attracted to a bridge.

Shall I go on?

Women are attracted to all different things.

You forgot that some women like fat guys like me! Oh wait... although hard to find, I know they are out there.. I just know it...

agreed!^

I am a self-proclaimed chubby-chaser :) I love that my fiancee is a little hefty. I also love huge beards.. Willie Robertson is one of many chubby beardos on my radar. hahaha
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think there's another thread for men to discuss women's bodies. Just saying.. :)

You'd like naughty pictures of my lady leaves? Then I'd need to see pictures of your manly stem first..

No really no!
  • MityMax96
    Options

You'd like naughty pictures of my lady leaves? Then I'd need to see pictures of your manly stem first..

No really no!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh I like you. :wink:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Muscle mass is desirable. My man and I share this common interest. We're both on the same level when it comes to workout lifestyle. He is NEVER unattractive to me.

Bodybuilders on gear... if most of them weren't so ugly in da face, maybe. In the end, it's not just about muscles. It's the whole "package".
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My guess is that women, like any group of people, are all individuals and like different things. ie, some women like men with muscles but some women like other women.
    THANK YOU. I can't tell you how many times I read a title like this one and feel completely forgotten about.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

I agree with the survey of bodybuilders.. gross.. but I can't say I haven't looked twice at a man with muscular arms and shoulders. However, most women (including me) care more about a great personality.

surprised it took 6 pages before the body shaming started....
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Speaking from a male view it seems most women enjoy looking at muscles on a man in general. That doesn't translate into a rung on the relationship latter for many women though. Its just nice to look at.

Most women that show me special attention don't know about my body definition unless I'm at the gym, beach, etc... I keep it pretty covered up with comfortable loose fitting clothes.

Sense of humor, confidence, intelligence, who i am as a person from within & the way children tend to gravitate/adore me definitely are what brighten the light of the candle of interest.

My smile, body, height, build, and eyes are just the icing on the desert from what I am told.

gain 100lbs and test the theory lol

I might, when you tell me you have walked with a cane for ten years do to a autoimmune disease while your joints are deforming in front of your eyes.

Or if you have dealt with radiation, chemo, surgeries involving having your guts pulled out of you not to mention wearing a colostomy bag.

We all have/had issues in life, be it physical or mental on some level. Its a healthy mind and soul that will attract more beautiful people into our lives.

I wish you well in your journey of life. :flowerforyou:
  • smelius22
    Options

surprised it took 6 pages before the body shaming started....

not meant in that way! i'm just not a fan of a lot of bulky muscles and bulging veins, just as some men find size 12 women like myself gross, or aren't fans of blondes, or women over 6 feet tall.. its just an opinion.

Have any bodybuilders here been offended by my comment??? if so, i'm very sorry! :flowerforyou:
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Simply.......

I LOVE A MAN WITH MUSCLES!

ETA - any type of muscle, big, small, bulky or lean, I just like muscles.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Didn't read thread.
    How many women have said "gross" so far, but in a nice way, maybe even talking about how "personality" matters most? You know, the kind of guy who would never, say, call a woman's body "gross"?
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Didn't read thread.
    How many women have said "gross" so far, but in a nice way, maybe even talking about how "personality" matters most? You know, the kind of guy who would never, say, call a woman's body "gross"?

That's been thrown around a few times. :wink:

I call BS though.