Are women interested in men with muscles?

Options

Replies

• celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Perception is always up to the individual. For myself, I believe that if the muscle looks unnatural then I usually will find it unattractive. If it looks natural and achievable, then it's definitely attractive. It shows that the person cares and works towards their own individual perfection. Sometimes, though, too much of a good thing is just that. Too much.
  • ObstacleRacer
    Options
    Shouldn't matter. Stock confidence answer should apply to all situations since it's the most often given.

Women are not statistics

Also they have this habit of sensing bitterness and not responding favorably to it.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't find the super-muscular physique attractive personally, though I have a lot of respect for the amount of work put into achieving that aesthetic.

My preference for men is tall/strong/stocky/masculine, so like... vikings.

vikings_zps516b5028.jpg

Ahh, yes. :love: Wait, what were we talking about?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Speaking from a male view it seems most women enjoy looking at muscles on a man in general. That doesn't translate into a rung on the relationship latter for many women though. Its just nice to look at.

Most women that show me special attention don't know about my body definition unless I'm at the gym, beach, etc... I keep it pretty covered up with comfortable loose fitting clothes.

Sense of humor, confidence, intelligence, who i am as a person from within & the way children tend to gravitate/adore me definitely are what brighten the light of the candle of interest.

My smile, body, height, build, and eyes are just the icing on the desert from what I am told.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    HA! OP asked a simple, basic question about what level of muscle mass appeals to women and everyone had to get all deep and emotional or uptight about it.
    That's what I love about MFP!

Don't you dare admit that physical appearance has anything to do with attraction. :sick:

This. You're always going to get the stock answer: confidence. Total cop out. You're telling me a 400lb man with confidence has the same shot at a woman as a shredded guy? Flat out 100% lie.
    Are you taking about a chance for a LTR or a hook up? These are two completely desperate things.

Shouldn't matter. Stock confidence answer should apply to all situations since it's the most often given.
    Female honesty

Hook up- it's all about being able to make me feel like I couldn't say no if I wanted to. Muscle helps for this because I am a large woman.
    LTR- this is where confidence and being sure of your ability to provide or lead a family through life becomes more important to me.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Speaking from a male view it seems most women enjoy looking at muscles on a man in general. That doesn't translate into a rung on the relationship latter for many women though. Its just nice to look at.

Most women that show me special attention don't know about my body definition unless I'm at the gym, beach, etc... I keep it pretty covered up with comfortable loose fitting clothes.

Sense of humor, confidence, intelligence, who i am as a person from within & the way children tend to gravitate/adore me definitely are what brighten the light of the candle of interest.

My smile, body, height, build, and eyes are just the icing on the desert from what I am told.

gain 100lbs and test the theory lol
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

I find myself in this boat also....
    And my wife always says I am fine til I open my mouth. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Excellent point. Up for an experiment? I bet it would be eye opening.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

he could also be rich
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    Options
    HA! OP asked a simple, basic question about what level of muscle mass appeals to women and everyone had to get all deep and emotional or uptight about it.

Don't you dare admit that physical appearance has anything to do with attraction. :sick:

This. You're always going to get the stock answer: confidence. Total cop out. You're telling me a 400lb man with confidence has the same shot at a woman as a shredded guy? Flat out 100% lie.
    Are you taking about a chance for a LTR or a hook up? These are two completely desperate things.

Female honesty

Hook up- it's all about being able to make me feel like I couldn't say no if I wanted to. Muscle helps for this because I am a large woman.
    LTR- this is where confidence and being sure of your ability to provide or lead a family through life becomes more important to me.

Sounds shady. You give benifits to one type of guy and leave the other type to basically have to pay (provide) in order to get you interested. Again, the main problem with women. You don't distribute your attention as equally as claimed.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

This^
  • Aviflora
    Aviflora Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A personality and sense of humor make a relationship work!

...Buuuut. If we're talking about attraction, purely physical, then yes. I do like muscles. :3 My boyfriend would know. <3
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options

Female honesty

Sounds shady. You give benifits to one type of guy and leave the other type to basically have to pay (provide) in order to get you interested. Again, the main problem with women. You don't distribute your attention as equally as claimed.
    I never claimed to have an equal opportunity mentality. Life is not fair no matter how much you want it to be.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Women are less visually-oriented than men, generally speaking. More really are interested in a good personality and all the cliche ****.

Not that I'm complaining -- I wasn't ever exactly the prettiest guy to walk the Earth, and I did okay for meeting/dating people.

With that said, if you're trying to get fitter for the purpose of attracting women attracted to muscle, you're doing it wrong.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My husband has big biceps. That attracts me.....Bodybuilders turn me off. I personally think its gross.
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I think you've pretty much nailed it. Women like to look at an attractive defined male physique of course. But it doesn't necessarily translate into anything more substantial than liking the look of an attractive body.

However, I think for a woman (can't speak for a guy) his smile and eyes communicate so much. They represent much more than just icing; that's where the intimate attraction really first sparks. If you have a great smile and nice eyes, you're already half way there.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

...Buuuut. If we're talking about attraction, purely physical, then yes. I do like muscles. :3 My boyfriend would know. <3

This would be a better way to phrase the question.....I think.

How does the physical aspect of men work for women?

I tend to think on their list of "Likes"......the physical is prolly number 5 on the list....
    Would that be accurate?
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    From a purely aesthetic point of view - muscles are good. Example:

HOT-GUY-88-All-Chest.jpg
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Muscles are a must.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    Options

This would be a better way to phrase the question.....I think.

How does the physical aspect of men work for women?

I tend to think on their list of "Likes"......the physical is prolly number 5 on the list....
    Would that be accurate?

Nope, number 1 in the sense that it's the initial filter. If you don't meet a certain standard they have in their heads you have virtually zero chance of overcoming that.