Are women interested in men with muscles?

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    From a purely aesthetic point of view - muscles are good. Example:

HOT-GUY-88-All-Chest.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    as opposed to this:

george_costanza015.jpg

????
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't really like men with muscles, I usually prefer relatively thin boys, the ones that look like they never really workout or dance or do things that require some kind of good shape. Massive people scare me. But that's just my opinion.
    Most girls find models good-looking while I don't. So, yes, they like some muscles, they usually even like a lot of muscles, they probably dislike bodybuilders because they take their muscles to an excess. It's universally accepted that strong men are appreciated by girls.
    But this doesn't apply to anyone, and I think that since nerds have gotten cooler they've spread the idea that even unfit men can be considered good looking.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    A personality and sense of humor make a relationship work!

...Buuuut. If we're talking about attraction, purely physical, then yes. I do like muscles. :3 My boyfriend would know. <3

This would be a better way to phrase the question.....I think.

How does the physical aspect of men work for women?

I tend to think on their list of "Likes"......the physical is prolly number 5 on the list....
    Would that be accurate?

Nope, number 1 in the sense that it's the initial filter. If you don't meet a certain standard they have in their heads you have virtually zero chance of overcoming that.

Bitter is always amusing. Great way to run off women, but amusing
  • MityMax96
    Options

...Buuuut. If we're talking about attraction, purely physical, then yes. I do like muscles. :3 My boyfriend would know. <3

I tend to think on their list of "Likes"......the physical is prolly number 5 on the list....
    Would that be accurate?

Nope, number 1 in the sense that it's the initial filter. If you don't meet a certain standard they have in their heads you have virtually zero chance of overcoming that.

So you are saying the physical is number 1 on a woman's list?
    Hmm....

I thought men were the visual/physical group.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options

Would that be accurate?

In an ideal world, yeah. But in reality, no.

Physical attraction is what initially catches your attention, but if the person is vapid then that quickly fades. If you want a relationship there has to be physical and mental attraction. If you just want a hookup I dont think that personality is as important.

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who couldn't stand to be in a relationship with someone they did not feel attracted to. Thats not even being rude, or superficial, thats just having standards and preferences.

I think the whole "looks aren't everything, personality is more important" thing is total BS. They are both equally important in a relationship
  • b3st
    b3st Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I'm attracted to a man that can make me laugh and smile, regardless of everything else.

Oh hai...Lmfao
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    image_zps8a41306c.jpg

10-12% is my ideal Hubba hubba but my guy is more like 20% and he's the love of my life, I don't care if he loses all his hair, or goes grey or never looks muscly as long as he's healthy and respects me.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I think the whole "looks aren't everything, personality is more important" thing is total BS. They are both equally important in a relationship

Totally agree with you on that.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options

Would that be accurate?

Hmm....

I think the men who don't think appearance is important to a woman have never been outside of what is considered normal. Similar for the women who swear it's personality only mean it in the sense that it's personality provided the guy be within the range of normal. Every guy who's been fat knows this. And I don't mean 20lbs overweight. I mean like 300+ guys. You get treated different.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    image_zps8a41306c.jpg

10-12% is my ideal Hubba hubba but my guy is more like 20% and he's the love of my life, I don't care if he loses all his hair, or goes grey or never looks muscly as long as he's healthy and respects me.

I'm digging Mr. 15% above
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    image_zps8a41306c.jpg

I appreciate 10-20% hubby is around 16-18%
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    image_zps8a41306c.jpg

Oh my! I think I'd be a bit traumatised by number one!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Would that be accurate?

Hmm....

So lets say an average woman walks into a bar on a Saturday night. There just so happens to be 10 guys of varying level of attractiveness from exactly 1 to 10 on a scale of 1 to 10, and that's her personal rating, another woman might rank them another way... First, yes, she'd probably be interested in the number 10 first, but are there other women in there? Is SHE attractive/bold enough to go talk to the 10? Let's say she's a 7. She's more likely to go up to the corresponding male 7 but lets say male #7 is avoiding eye contact and male number 5 buys her a drink.... She takes male #5 home with her for the evening. So even in the bar scenerio attractiveness isn't the #1 factor.

But then woman #7 goes to work on Monday. Meets new coworker who might be a #4. They work together for many months, going out to lunch, working late nights, one day happy hour turns into a date invitation, 2 years later they get married and live happily ever after. Here, personality and chemistry is number 1.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Do they have this same body fat picture chart for women? I'd be curious to see it.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda diggin' the 25% guy.
  • Number_44
    Number_44 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Attracted for what purpose?

Sex?

To mooch off of?

To trap in a relationship by getting pregnant?

Please be more specific next time because the relationship of visible abs to the size of the trust fund is always at play here.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Do they have this same body fat picture chart for women? I'd be curious to see it.

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love muscles on men, but it isnt the most important!
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Physical I love a guy with muscles but not so much that he looks like a Michelin Man but without the fluff. I like a toned guy where it's natural with a lil more, but I'm not really picky about it. It's nice to look at tho.
  • animalrane
    Options
    I'm kinda diggin' the 25% guy.

soooo you're saying I have a chance..... I hear ya!