Are women interested in men with muscles?

Options

Replies

• RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Didn't read thread.
    How many women have said "gross" so far

Once I think
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

We all have/had issues in life, be it physical or mental on some level. Its a healthy mind and soul that will attract more beautiful people into our lives.

I wish you well in your journey of life. :flowerforyou:

I agree with this in the end physical is fleeting you attract people ultimately with your attitude.
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Speaking from a male view it seems most women enjoy looking at muscles on a man in general. That doesn't translate into a rung on the relationship latter for many women though. Its just nice to look at.

Most women that show me special attention don't know about my body definition unless I'm at the gym, beach, etc... I keep it pretty covered up with comfortable loose fitting clothes.

Sense of humor, confidence, intelligence, who i am as a person from within & the way children tend to gravitate/adore me definitely are what brighten the light of the candle of interest.

My smile, body, height, build, and eyes are just the icing on the desert from what I am told.

gain 100lbs and test the theory lol

I might, when you tell me you have walked with a cane for ten years do to a autoimmune disease while your joints are deforming in front of your eyes.

Or if you have dealt with radiation, chemo, surgeries involving having your guts pulled out of you not to mention wearing a colostomy bag.

We all have/had issues in life, be it physical or mental on some level. Its a healthy mind and soul that will attract more beautiful people into our lives.

Ha, this man has studied the life course in 'What women like' - you're a pro fella :)

Edited to add: I'm not personally into colostomy bags, it's just a metaphor..
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I love how these things always go, "I like a good personality and a sense of humor".

Well, yeah-- no kidding. When men describe women they're attracted to, it's sort of assumed she's not a fire-breathing *kitten* with no sense of humor.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I love how these things always go, "I like a good personality and a sense of humor".

Well, yeah-- no kidding. When men describe women they're attracted to, it's sort of assumed she's not a fire-breathing *kitten* with no sense of humor.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know I look for those kinds of women. :bigsmile:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I researching male body image, especially in relation to things like bodybuilding. In one of the books I'm reading the writer explains how he surveyed women, asking them to rate pictures of bodybuilders. Pretty much all of the women found the bodybuilders repulsive.
    Now, this study has it's flaws (as most surveys do), and isn't that recent either. Also, he used pictures of bodybuilders, whereas what I'm wondering is:

Are women more physically attracted to men that are more muscular than average, and look like they work out, but not necessarily bodybuilders? Or are such things not really appealing in any way?

(p.s. I am aware that all women are different and have different tastes, and there isn't going to be a thing that 'women' like, but I thought I would ask and see what the opinion is from a female point of view).

I agree with the survey of bodybuilders.. gross.. but I can't say I haven't looked twice at a man with muscular arms and shoulders. However, most women (including me) care more about a great personality.

surprised it took 6 pages before the body shaming started....

not meant in that way! i'm just not a fan of a lot of bulky muscles and bulging veins, just as some men find size 12 women like myself gross, or aren't fans of blondes, or women over 6 feet tall.. its just an opinion.

Have any bodybuilders here been offended by my comment??? if so, i'm very sorry! :flowerforyou:

How else would have you meant it? I'm not into very large women but I would never be like "oh my god, soo gross, the fat rolls and the food in the folds" because that would be mean. I just keep my opinion to myself, I don't have to provide a commentary to go with what I'm thinking in my head. Being tactful is not a bad thing.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    HA! OP asked a simple, basic question about what level of muscle mass appeals to women and everyone had to get all deep and emotional or uptight about it.
    That's what I love about MFP!

Don't you dare admit that physical appearance has anything to do with attraction. :sick:

This. You're always going to get the stock answer: confidence. Total cop out. You're telling me a 400lb man with confidence has the same shot at a woman as a shredded guy? Flat out 100% lie.
    Are you taking about a chance for a LTR or a hook up? These are two completely desperate things.

I'm pretty sure you wanted "disparate" here but this was unintentionally very funny. :bigsmile:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Do they have this same body fat picture chart for women? I'd be curious to see it.

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg
    I think 25-35% would be my "ideal" range if I could just "tack it on" after personality, sense of humour, intelligence, low-maintenance, etc.

I'm honest enough to say looks matter somewhat and also honest enough to say the 13-25% looks a bit too "out of my league/collegiate" at my age (I'm 43). Not that I'm shopping around....I'm happily married to a woman who is probably not in the 25-35% range currently.

10-12% is absolutely NOT my cup of tea..even if all other aspects of her were "perfect" I don't think I'd be attacted to that body shape if my wife looked like that. Others differ obviously.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

How else would have you meant it? I'm not into very large women but I would never be like "oh my god, soo gross, the fat rolls and the food in the folds" because that would be mean. I just keep my opinion to myself, I don't have to provide a commentary to go with what I'm thinking in my head. Being tactful is not a bad thing.

Who leaves food stuck in her folds? I dig out every tender morsel with my grubby fat fingers and eat that right out of the folds. Waste not want not.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Speaking from a male view it seems most women enjoy looking at muscles on a man in general. That doesn't translate into a rung on the relationship latter for many women though. Its just nice to look at.

Most women that show me special attention don't know about my body definition unless I'm at the gym, beach, etc... I keep it pretty covered up with comfortable loose fitting clothes.

Sense of humor, confidence, intelligence, who i am as a person from within & the way children tend to gravitate/adore me definitely are what brighten the light of the candle of interest.

My smile, body, height, build, and eyes are just the icing on the desert from what I am told.

gain 100lbs and test the theory lol

I might, when you tell me you have walked with a cane for ten years do to a autoimmune disease while your joints are deforming in front of your eyes.

Or if you have dealt with radiation, chemo, surgeries involving having your guts pulled out of you not to mention wearing a colostomy bag.

Ha, this man has studied the life course in 'What women like' - you're a pro fella :)

Edited to add: I'm not personally into colostomy bags, it's just a metaphor..

:laugh: :wink:
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I vote Muscles! My husband is muscular not body builder but he lifts weights. I don't think he or I would be as happy with our bodies without muscles.

My fav has always been arms, buns and legs. Abs not so important.
  • 25point4
    Options
    Lol at op trolling. Muscles, lmao I was like lmao.
    If your worries are what a woman thinks then I got some bad newz cuz.
    You're not guna make it. Try men.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Who leaves food stuck in her folds? I dig out every tender morsel with my grubby fat fingers and eat that right out of the folds. Waste not want not.

I watch a women in a two piece pull a fun size Sneakers bar by the river in Southwest Virginia. My friend to this day makes fun of me because I got super confused really fast and was speechless because I couldn't process what just happened in front of me. If I even mention anything about being hungry my friend will joke saying "One second, let me see if I have a Sneakers".

Then this other time I watched a lady waiting for Food at The Home Place (great restaurant, people wait like 0-3 hours to get in) and she pulled a Biscuit out of her cleavage with no napkin or a bag.

The Home Place http://www.yelp.com/biz/home-place-restaurant-catawba
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Lol at op trolling. Muscles, lmao I was like lmao.
    You're not guna make it. Try men.

but who was traps?
  • ldrosophila
    Options

I watch a women in a two piece pull a fun size Sneakers bar by the river in Southwest Virginia. My friend to this day makes fun of me because I got super confused really fast and was speechless because I couldn't process what just happened in front of me. If I even mention anything about being hungry my friend will joke saying "One second, let me see if I have a Sneakers".

Then this other time I watched a lady waiting for Food at The Home Place (great restaurant, people wait like 0-3 hours to get in) and she pulled a Biscuit out of her cleavage with no napkin or a bag.

The Home Place http://www.yelp.com/biz/home-place-restaurant-catawba

lol doesnt the chocolate melt? I want to know the science behind keeping your chocolate intact between the folds. Forgot to ask which fold had the chocolate?
    Hahahahahahaha she had milk and biscuits. :laugh: funniest thing of the day
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    serratus
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    image_zps8a41306c.jpg

10-12% is my ideal Hubba hubba but my guy is more like 20% and he's the love of my life, I don't care if he loses all his hair, or goes grey or never looks muscly as long as he's healthy and respects me.
    10-25% then skip 30, then Yes also to 35%.

Don't ask me to explain it. I am a woman. Those are my terms. Take it or leave it.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    image_zps8a41306c.jpg

10-12% is my ideal Hubba hubba but my guy is more like 20% and he's the love of my life, I don't care if he loses all his hair, or goes grey or never looks muscly as long as he's healthy and respects me.
    10-25% then skip 30, then Yes also to 35%.

Don't ask me to explain it. I am a woman. Those are my terms. Take it or leave it.

35% has that sexy man pelt thing going on that adds hotness. Meeoww! Seriously why do none of these dudes have chest hair?
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    image_zps8a41306c.jpg
    If nobody else is going to say it, I will. That picture isn't that useful.

Those men have pretty different body types and fat distribution patterns. Compare the shoulder-to-waist ratio of 15% guy with that of 20% guy and the amount of abdominal fat of 30% guy with that of 35% guy.

FWIW, I have the boobies and ill-defined abs of 25% guy and the shoulder-to-waist ratio and visible ribs of 15% guy.
    Wanna know what I know about you? Worrying about being attractive to the people you're attracted to is probably the most normal thing in the world.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    duh!