Replies

• strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm cold all the time now too!!!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 kg (about 55 lbs) but I can't say the winter is feeling colder.

But I do have a better peripheral blood circulation (my feet for example don't get cold as they use to) and I get less broken capillaries on my calves so my blood flow definetly got better after the loss. So I guess I have less fat, but a better blood flow to keep me warm.

Well, summer was definetly was better after the weight loss. Before summers were terrible, when it got really hot I could almost faint. This year summer was actually quite easy to handle.

PS: I live in Eastern Europe. Summers are very hot, winters are very cold.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Long underwear is helpful. You have to dress for the weather. I've been thin in North Dakota and fat in Phoenix, and the extremes are not fun for either location.

I start wearing long underwear when the temps hit the high 30's. Gloves, scarves, wool socks and especially hats are helpful this time of year. If you've been used to feeling over heated most of the time, you may not be in the habit of dressing properly for the weather.

Some cold exposure will help you to acclimate to the climate. Just don't go out without your winter coat and warm, safe footwear.
  • pattycake118
    pattycake118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm always freezing, but I find when I'm eating better (mostly enough fat and protein) that I'm warmer.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    and especially hats

but...but....my hair will get messed up :(
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Funny, but I started getting really cold about a year ago, long before I actually started losing any weight. Before that, I was always the one asked "where is your coat?" - never wore one except maybe on the very coldest days. But for the last year or so, I've been dreadfully cold almost all the time. Even during the summer here in GA, I was wearing a sweater over a shirt in the office, and shivering most days! And now that I'm losing, I'm still cold! Sigh - not looking forward to that "reward" for losing even more weight. But all the other rewards will outweigh that one (pardon the pun!).
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've been much colder too! I hear the warmer states calling my name!!

ETA: Prior to this winter, I always kept the house set at 66-67. My daughter would complain that it was too cold. I always told her to just put more clothes on. I now have it set to 68, I wear long sleeves and pants around the house and still need to cover up with my warm throw when I'm watching TV.

At work the girls would have the temps set up super high and I'd always say...it's a lot easy to turn the temp down and dress warmer than for me to start stripping because I'm cold!! Now I have a space heater in my office. And...I'm drinking hot tea just to warm my hands!!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    No, or at least mine hasn't! I've kept 30 lbs off for about 5 yrs (at maintenance now) and I am always cold. I dress in layers and always have a throw blanket on my couch. I get the chill factor after I work out.

Brrrr.... Long sleeves are my friend in the winter :-D
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm only down 40lbs. I am not as hot (temperature wise) as I was. I would say I'm more comfortable. The only time I'm freezing ALL DAY are the days I work out. Something about me running 3-4 miles makes me entirely cold all day long. I can shower, put warm clothes on, and I'm cold. It happened even in early fall when it was warm outside. So bizarre.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yep, colder when thinner. Good thing is it motivates me to exercise as I soon warm up then.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I'm cold a lot more frequently now and sometimes have trouble sleeping the whole night through because of it. I do think we're having a colder winter than usual this year and the loss of insulation is really making me feel it. It's a worthy trade off, though. And the warmth generated by my workouts makes things a bit easier :) I'd much rather be cold and fit than warm and fat ;)
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I used to pick on my wife for being cold all the time, now im the one complaining!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd winter after losing all my weight, and I'm still freezing, ALL THE TIME.

Oh, yeah, and I'm in Arizona, where it never goes below 37 degrees (and that's at night!)
  • psych0kitty
    Options
    I haven't even lost that much and I'm cold all the time now. I used to be hot all the time. I think caloric deficit is contributing to my coldness, actually. Gotta get a space heater. My boss is overweight and possibly having hot flashes, so she likes it cold like I used to! I refuse to buy more clothes until I drop another size... lol.

ETA: yeah, like someone else said, I'm FREEZING a few hours after the gym. It's miserable.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am freezing ALL the time now. I build myself a nice HOT fire when I get home from work and no one can sit in the same room because they are too hot..... while I sit there in my fuzzy slippers... pants, t-shirt and a sweater and still cold!!
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i was always the one who opened windows and closed heating...Now? No, am freezing as never...
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have lost 100 and I am cold all the time! Now, I'm working on my second 100 and I fear I will be an iciele after!!!
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have been cold as well. So I am wearing lots of sweaters, gloves, shearling slippers, and hats all the time now.

On the upside... I noticed i was not as hot or uncomfortable during the last heat wave this summer! And I am really looking forward to next summer where i can stay active throughout the summer instead of staying inside in air conditioned buildings.

48403347.png
  • BarbaraJoScott
    BarbaraJoScott Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that I am cold, but then again, I've ALWAYS been cold. It's just that now, I'm frozen. Solid. I have ordered seriously thermal compression gear to wear under my clothes. I've lost about 35 lbs and am a size 0. I'll take it. It's only three months. Drinking hot beverages instead of cold also helps. I also take a hot bath/shower before bed and wear fleece sleepwear. A heating blanket helps a LOT at night. Keeping a heating pad on at work helps too if they don't allow small heaters. Stay warm. It's only temporary.
  • kwaichi
    Options
    I now wear long compression tights, compression long sleeve top under everything! I used ot go to bed in just my undies, but now I wear my base compression layers, PJs and socks lol. I also have a winter duvet on top. during the day, I wear my base layers, thick shirt, suit, gloves, scarf and overcoat. I'm freezing all the time unless I'm working out or have just had lots of hot tea. My abs are starting to show through though :)