How do you like your grilled cheese?

Options

Replies

• MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The side without the cheese has to be toasted first (with a thin spread of butter) so that the bread is not floppy, but the side with the cheese is NOT to be toasted.
    That side has a spread of wholegrain mustard and REAL CHEESE, not light cheese. Grilled enough to make those slightly burnt-brown bubbles in the cheese.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Extra mature cheddar, any bread and grilled. Just as nature intended. But sometimes I flirt with the dark side and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce. Or a thin coating of pesto.

Damn. I'm now feeling hungry again!

Inspired by this thread, I made grilled cheese this morning for breakfast. Though to make it fit with my macros, I only had one slice of bread (and lots of cheese). We were running short on butter so I used barbeque sauce as the spread. And you know what? It was *glorious*. Too tempted to have the same for lunch.

Question: Can man exist on bread and cheese? There's protein, fat and carbs in there after all. :laugh:
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Options
    Sourdough bread, brie & lobster
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    There's a food truck that stops by my work every week and they serve this grilled cheese. Very tasty!
    Grilled-Mac-and-Cheese-Pulled-Pork-Bacon-Sandwich.jpg
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Cut into triangles

this is one i think we should all agree on to get the proper mouth to cheese: bread ratio requires it to be cut into a equilateral triangle.

What do you do with the rest of the sandwich?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Anything made by our local ambrosia purveyor, Melt. Easily one of the best grilled cheese joints in the world:

http://meltbarandgrilled.com

wake-and-bacon.jpg

this just deserved a repost. i don't know if it's technically a grilled cheese, but i know i want one.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    With tomatoes, any orange cheese cheddar or american... i'm not picky, and white bread, sourdough if they have it.

There are times though when I must have a kraft american cheese sandwich on webers bread, luckily those times are rare b/c we havent' bought that bread since 1991. but it's a unique taste that I miss along with hot bologna sandwiches on webers with best foods.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I like mine with sour dough bread, a sharp cheddar or gouda, and thin tomato slices.

How about you?

Regular bread, any kind of real cheese. I'm not picky, so long as it's not fake cheese. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I like mine in my mouth. I don't care what's on it really. Except pickles. Pickles do not belong on a grilled cheese.

Testify!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    And no. American is not cheese.)

Might as well hand in your citizenship card, Comrade.

Nope! The best cheese is made in America.

Made here in my home state of Missouri:
    l.jpg

There's also some yummy cheese made up in Wisconsin:
    20070818153613_wisconsin-cheese-sm.jpg

So neener, neener neener.gif
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options

Nope! The best cheese is made in America.

Made here in my home state of Missouri:
    l.jpg

Osceola Cheese :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Several people whom I love are getting some for Christmas this year!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    grilled and cheesy
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Batter dipped. Actually, the bread gets dredged in egg and cooked like French toast so that the egg isn't all runny, then the cheese gets added. It might sound gross, but it's pretty good. Sometimes I'll add thin slices of green apple. Others add slices of ham. :)
  • samanthahix12
    Options
    It's been years since I've had one but my high school actually made one thing correctly and that was a grilled cheese.

Two buttered and toasted slices of texas toast with two slices of government cheese melted in the middle.

I always ate two. Which is why I'm probably on this site now! :laugh:
  • latewinter
    Options
    grilled and melty haha with cheddar or red Leicester (i do realise that is spelt wrong)
    but in general the best cheese is made in england its called blue stilton hahaha
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Two slices of bread, two slices of american cheese, a fried egg and two slices of bacon. Yum!
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    hot and gooey.

^^^this.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Anyway you prepare it for me! :)
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options