How do you feel about one piece of candy a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    That one piece of candy would turn into the whole bag. If you have more will power though go for it. I would just build it into my macros if I were you.

If one piece of candy consistently turns into a whole bag, I'd question if you needed more calories throughout the day, or possibly had Binge Eating Disorder.

Nah, I just have a big sweet tooth. I can't keep cookies/cake/ice cream because I love it and just want to eat it all. Some wrapped candy I could get away with eating just one or two, but if there's candy in the house, it will end up in my tummy. I've learned to buy individual servings of stuff if I want it.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I just had three Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses. Candy isn't inherently bad, as long as you have it in moderation. Eating a whole bag of Starbursts isn't good, but having one, two, or even three is fine.

Oh FUDGE!!!! There is such a think as Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses??

20tozye.jpg

There goes the rest of December. :ohwell:
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Wait! Are we supposed to be limiting ourselves to one piece of candy a day? Am I doing something wrong here? 'Cause I ate a bag of gummi bears for breakfast.

Don't tell Steve...
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I usually have a tootsie pop every night or a 321 mug cake with some nutella on top or something like that :)
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Eat it and enjoy it.

If you cut out something you want (really, really bad) you'll fall off the wagon and binge.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you're gonna die. :huh:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..."How do you feel about one piece of candy a day?"

Personally, I feel one piece (especially something as small as a Starburst) is nowhere nearly enough! LOL Today, I had two mini peppermint patties, a small dish of eggnog ice cream, and a Rice Krispie treat. I'm still under on fat/carbs/calories - the only macro I exceeded is protein. I've had 9 servings of fruits/veggies and over 21 grams of fiber. This is a pretty typical day for me.

Honestly, I eat multiple pieces/servings/types of sweets *every single day*. I lost 66 pounds and have maintained it for two years now.

I think you should eat what you like as long as you stay within your calorie & macro goals. :-)
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you. But I will say that I have significantly reduced my sugar in take and it really helped kill my cravings for it. Really empowering for somebody who never met a candy she disliked. Now I just have to figure how to do that for carbs and I'll be set.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    do what you want
    :smile: