High calorie amount in my Coffee

Options
124»

Replies

• mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Any reason you just started drinking coffee? If it's the caffeine switch to green tea, which I drink without sugar or cream and still feel the energy. Otherwise if you can't drink coffee black, I say it's not worth it. Don't drink your calories.

All my green teas have always been caffeine-free...? Which brand do you use?
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    tea_zpsc8d2db61.jpg
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I budget my daily calories around my Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer addiction :-/ maybe use part low fat half and half and then part flavored creamer?
  • revolutionchick
    revolutionchick Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I drink Salada which you can usually get in any grocery store. Bigelow is also very good, but more expensive. I will admit that while green tea doesn't have as much caffeine as a cup of coffee, I drink it throughout the day for a zero calorie beverage.
  • revolutionchick
    Options
    You know, you don't HAVE to drink coffee!?!? Just don't...and btw, soda is not a suitable replacement...sheesh!

Anything she wants to drink that fits her cals is a suitable replacement. I prefer coffee, but if she prefers soda then that is FINE.

Soda is horrible for you and diet soda is even worse.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    You know, you don't HAVE to drink coffee!?!? Just don't...and btw, soda is not a suitable replacement...sheesh!

Anything she wants to drink that fits her cals is a suitable replacement. I prefer coffee, but if she prefers soda then that is FINE.

*shrugs* That's your opinion. Not fact. And if she would rather have her 150 cal soda vs. a 342 cal coffee, for the purpose of weight loss, she can have her soda. ESPECIALLY if she doesn't really LIKE coffee. No point in being miserable.

*Edited to finish sentence.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Any reason you just started drinking coffee? If it's the caffeine switch to green tea, which I drink without sugar or cream and still feel the energy. Otherwise if you can't drink coffee black, I say it's not worth it. Don't drink your calories.

Hmmm... all of the brands I've used including the loose leaf have always had caffeine....
  • revolutionchick
    Options

*shrugs* That's your opinion. Not fact. And if she would rather have her 150 cal soda vs. a 342 cal coffee, for the purpose of weight loss, she can have her soda. ESPECIALLY if she doesn't really LIKE coffee. No point in being miserable.

It's not an opinion - why don't you ask your doctor about it if you disagree....
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

tumblr_mm5wpx1ESB1r5xzspo1_500.gif
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    For me, real coffee is blacker than Mordor and about as sweet as an orc's bedside manner. Any way else is a dessert.

That being said, why not just drink black tea? It's not so bitter, has a punch of caffeine, and you can add a little milk and a tsp. of sugar or agave and see if you like that?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

There's nothing wrong with diet soda in moderation provided you don't have PKU.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

It's not an opinion - why don't you ask your doctor about it if you disagree....

Done. I see my doctor twice a year - once for a general exam, a few weeks later to review my bloodwork. Every year (except the first, when I was quite overweight and didn't exercise at all) he looks at my bloodwork and exam results and tells me I'm the healthiest patient he has - and one of the healthiest people he's ever met. And to keep doing what I'm doing - which includes drinking diet soda nearly every day.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    *frowns* I don't understand this. You don't like coffee... have you tried tea instead? You can have tea with equivalent caffeine zero calories. I hate coffee so I just drink tea. Black, green, white, red- it's all fantastic.
  • EmmaNilsson77
    EmmaNilsson77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Find a good, rich hot chocolate mix, made with water-Ghiradelli's has some great ones for well under 200 Cals-and add a few shots of espresso to it.
    Or, shot of espresso, cup of nonfat milk, tablespoon of cocoa powder, tablespoon of sugar, and/or tablespoon of sugar free flavoring syrup. I prefer this in particular because it also gets you about 10 grams of protein and makes a perfectly sufficient breakfast. :P
    If you want coffee to sip all day, I second the suggestions to find a good sugar free creamer - Coffee mate has some excellent ones for under 20 cals a Tbsp that make it almost too sweet for my taste.
    If all else fails, I'm sure that caffeine patch patent is not far off.
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Coffee is delicious.
    Previously, I was drinking my coffee with cream and sugar.
    I learned to really appreciate coffee when I quit the cream and sugar and drank it with a splash of fat free milk.

Drink tea. or just get used to the taste.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

My doctor drinks Coke.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Most people I know are trying to reduce their caffeine intake - is there a particular reason why you need a certain amount of caffeine?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Flavored coffee (Godiva makes a blend, I kid you not).

Skim milk.

Less creamer and sugar.

Or, just stop drinking it. Clearly you don't like coffee so what's the point?
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Nope. My coffee has to have creamer and sugar in order for it to taste good. Gave it up.

Same here. Wasn't worth the calories.