Top NSV's this year

Options

Replies

• stewart613
    stewart613 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1. becoming a runner! (next run will be day 1 of week 8 in the c25k)
    2. no longer wearing my maternity clothing (my little boy will be 2 years old soon)
    3. smiling when i catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror instead of avoiding reflections
    4. pride and confidence
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This has been quite a year, the best one health-wise in a very long time. So here goes...
    1. Dropped 3 solid pant sizes, well almost 4 (1 outfit is 4 sizes smaller!)
    2. Put on my "tight" winter coat and it looks like I am wearing a giant coat, thank goodness all my coats have drawstrings inside and now I can/will actually pull them to show my new waist.
    3. Never winded walking, stairs, etc...
    4. Not snoring anymore, big one for my hubby!
    5. Won the local Biggest Loser, season 1. Lead my own group in Biggest Loser Season 2. Looking forward to leading a group in season 3 in Jan.
    6. Got my co-workers working out too, since they have seen my progress.
    7. Took the best picture recently, the best one is years. And I liked how I looked!
    8. Made an entire new circle of friends with the faith based fitness group I joined. God is good, all the time.
    9. Learned to say "no thank you" to food and to people offering me unhealthy choices, even when I was on vacation.
    10. My new wardrobe consists of very nice and chic selection of workout clothing and workout shoes! First time for sure.
    11. Learned a whole lot about myself.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    1. A young man at work walked past me and said 'hi'. Then turned around and gasped saying "Oh! I didn't know it was you. I mean...you look....I mean...you're...I mean...Nice dress!" And he ran away.

2. I ran all the way across the building and up the stairs and across another hallway when we had a surprise firedrill at the school where I teach, because I had to get to my class to help. The last time that happened (about 2 or 3 years ago) I couldn't make it, I ended up walking quickly, and I couldn't catch my breath for a long time. This time, I hauled a** and got there before anyone else, was not out of breath (barely), and recovered almost immediately.

3. The last several months I've been getting a lot of comments from people saying that I look great. I began noticing that each and every one of the compliments (including the speechless young man in my first story) were from people walking behind me. Not one from someone looking at my front half. Apparently my backside is looking mighty good!

4. Health-wise, my blood pressure is coming down and my doctor said that if I lost another few pounds we'd lower the dosage of my BP medication.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My prepregnancy clothes are too big.
    I spend a lot less money at the gas station buying crap
    I am not hangry when I don't go to the gas station to buy crap
    I can lift my 7 year old up again (he was too heavy for me for a while)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Competed in two bodybuilding competitions. Took second and first.
  • MauxFaux
    Options
    In a year I have been able to:
    Double or triple the amount of weight I can lift (depending on the lift)
    I have started to be a jammer for my roller derby team and I'm actually pretty good at it.
    I have gone from a size 10 to a size 2/4.
    I have muscle definition.
    I feel healthier and happier and I have more energy.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Made my weight goal and have maintained for nine months

Doctor check up and my doctor was jealous of my numbers

As soon as I post this, I will think of ten thousand others, but that's all that comes to mind
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    1. Diverticulosis and ulcerative colitis are now under control.
    2. No longer pre-diabetic.
    3. Lost 3 inches off my hips this year!
    4. Have gone down 2 sizes in my pants!
    5. Have gained a ton of confidence by going to Zumba and went from hiding in the back row to shining in the FRONT row!! :heart:
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Mine is a simple one.

After getting off track in late March, I got myself back on track in late September.

Now ready for a whole list of stuff ( like the others are posting) to happen in 2014. I'm not getting sidetracked again.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    1. Finally have cholesterol down into the "good" range (from YEARS above 200).
    2. Began incorporating circuit weight training into my work-outs. It's only 2-3 times a week, and the weight levels are laughably paltry, but 1) I'm noticing (slight) definition in my upper body and 2) experienced improved result during the push-up portion of my recent Navy Reserve physical fitness test.
    3. "Fatboy" pant sizes are noticably large on me.
    4. Finally have a firm idea that a torn labrum in my (r) hip has been bugging me the past few years. Might not sound like a victory, but after several years of misdiagnosed treatment for my back, I can now start concentrating on healing myself (likely through arthroscopic surgery).
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    1) I was down 2 pant sizes for a moment but got off track gained back nearly 18 of my 40.8 lost, but at least I'm still down a size! (Edit: I got up to only 23lbs lost, but as you can see it's at 28lbs lost now!)
    2) Cholesterol in check, namely triglycerides (it was pretty dangerous in the 300s last year).
    3) My blood pressure was fine before but now it is super healthy somewhere in the 90s/60s :happy:
    4) Oh and my resting heart rate has gone down significantly!

I like this thread makes me realize more of my victories :bigsmile:
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm heading to the southern hemisphere for Christmas and I've just realised today that I will no longer have problems with my thighs chafing in the hot weather. 18kg ago I was in Thailand and every day was uncomfortable and sore as my thighs glued to each other with each step.
  • DQ1978
    DQ1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1. I have more energy. Important when playing with my little son!
    2. I have more confidence.
    3. I start to fit into my pre-pregnancy pants and jeans again which I haven't worn in three years.
    4. Accidently switched my wedding and my engagement ring when I put them on (wearing them on different hands, wedding ring is slightly smaller) and didn't realise for hours. Normally felt uncomfortable soon when it happened before.
    5. I found my hip bones again, can't stop to stroke them. :-)
    6. Being in the bath tub with the water still rising my belly is now flodded before my mons veneris.
    7. Had a miscarriage in November but did not screw up my previous weight loss success by stuffing myself with chocolate and other comfort food. I'm normally a big comfort eater.
  • ERBred
    ERBred Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

1). Living up to my goal of 40 and fabulous!
    2). Lost 2 pant sizes and now always need a belt
    3). Maintaining an exercise plan that works with my life.
    4) Have kept my promise to myself to change my work eating habits. I believe that this was my biggest hurdle and I have maintained this since April.

Thanks for all my friends who supported me. Yeah I made a obtainable/sustainable weight!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    1: fitting back into pants that I haven't worn in 3 years and needing a belt because they're too loose!!!
    2: Overcoming and starting to master the dreaded side kicks in one of my favorite classes (or side flicks)
    3: starting to have a social life and gaining incredible amounts of confidence and meeting people outside of work
    4: learning that I really do like working out and fitness
    5: learning that I can lose weight despite medical conditions and medicines. :)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Being able to squat easily over a questionable public toilet during a long pee.
    The looks I get when I can lift heavier than some of the guys at the gym.
    Rarely having to ask for help when moving heavy items around the house.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Running my first Half-Marathon
    Buying a small white size 10 Bikini - and having the guts to wear it!!
    Wearing my size 10 jeans with no excess...
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Went from morbidly obese to passing all 5 of my bio markers for our health assessment to determine discount on our health insurance premium at work. Just received the notification from the insurance company this past Friday, 12/6/13.

This was longer than the past year though, I started on this in March of 2012, and it is all due to the incentive for me to save money on my health insurance premium. The big bonus is how good I feel now.
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    triglycerides from 5.4 to 1.7 after 6 months
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this yesterday. I lost the bulk of my weight last fall and winter, but this is what I have accomplished this year:

1. My eating habits are under control. I have controlled my late night snacking problem, I have learned portion control and during times like holidays or parties I am able to control myself and have a little of everything and be satisfied.

2. At age 37 and never being athletic, I am now in the best shape of my life! I am stronger, I can brisky walk/jog for a long without getting sore or tired, I can do advanced level planks with ease etc.

3. My blood pressure is wayyyy down!

4. I have logged my workouts, what I have eat and my measurements consistently over the past year and half. It's been great to look at trends and learn about my body.

5. The scale no longer control me. When it was up I'd get sad/frustrated. When it was down I'll celebrate. Now I just use it as a tool to make sure I am staying in my 5lb range. Also I now understand water weight from eating too much sodium and also glycogen stores etc. so it's not all about gaining fat like I thought previously.

6. I can honestly say I have my dream body...I love being fit and having a mix of some muscle and some curves!

7. I have learned to accept compliments with a simple smile and thank you.

8. I've learned a lot about the human body by researching, reading forums and watching health-related docs.

9. Having other people say I am inspiring makes me feel really good.

10. Most importantly I can now say I have truly made a sustainable lifestyle change. I been able to maintain my goal size/weight since the spring without starving myself or doing excessive workouts. I am working hard to keep this up!

Some of my goals for 2014 is to keep doing what I'm doing eating wise. Regarding fitness I'd like to walk (as is workout walk) 3 - 5 miles daily, run a 10K, push myself with heavier weights and to hike up the Mount Royal mountain in Montreal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!