Herschel Walker time!!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be so quick to use genetic outlier freaks as an example of what to do. if you were prepping for a test, would you incorporate the study habits of a person with a photographic memory? would you take swimming lessons from a mermaid? Hershel Walker could get ripped doing any program known to man and some that haven't been invented yet.

Find a sensible program that doesn't require a drastic, 180 degree life change and give that a try before you go whole hog. Or whole salad and a few pieces of protein, as it were

You and your ****ing logic are getting tiresome ;)
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I clicked this post totally expecting somethig about Hershel on the Walking Dead :blushing:

Edited so as not to be a spoiler!

Ditto!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    I came expecting gifs.
    herschel-walker-s-fitness-challenge-o.gif
  • Kennesaw24
    Kennesaw24 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about what Herschel is doing these days, but it's awesome to read about him! I'm 49 -- he was a huge star at UGA back in our day! So glad he's doing well. It truly is hard to believe that's all he eats, but I have just 3 observations (maybe more if I get on a roll.)

1) I have been trying to follow my macros, but OMG, it is so hard getting all those calories in. I feel like I need a trough hanging around my neck sometimes -- so I know what you mean. I got so fed up with inputting all my food. I think this go around I'm going to try to eat more 3-4 times per day just so I don't have to input so many foods.
    2) You don't have to lift weight to get a great workout. I love lifting weights -- it's my most favorite way to work out, but it's not necessary. Bodyrock.tv has great body weight workouts as does this lady: http://www.benderfitness.com/2013/05/top-10-bender-fitness-workout-videos.html?m=1

OK, that's all. I forgot the third observation. Oh, well, I'm old. Haha.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I came expecting gifs.
    herschel-walker-s-fitness-challenge-o.gif
    Here you go.
    tumblr_inline_mvr5qm2QeJ1riw528_zps574d1643.gif
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I have come to a realization that I have been thinking way too much about food. I did weightwatchers, then go onto MFP and tried the calorie budget thing, then atkins/MFP budget. Its just too stressful and I dont have time to plan out all these meals and what Im eating everyday. I work two jobs and just dont have time for it. So if you dont know who Herschel Walker is he is a 50 year old ex NFL player who fights and wins in MMA (mixed martial arts) matchs at 50 years old. He only eats one meal a day, usually just a salad, soup, slice of bread and maybe a few ounces of protein. He does no weight lifting just push ups, sit us, cardio, jumping rope ect. Look him up if you dont know who he is. So basically Im gonna do what he does. YOU EAT TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO EAT. So I just wanted some feedback (positive) and support (not that it will change my opinion if its negative) as well as just general opinions/comments/ect. ***I dont want to hear any of this "starvation mode" bs either. It takes like 72hrs with out food for you to go into starvation mode. Essentially this is intermittent fasting. SO.... who has had luck with this???

I have come to the realization that I give people too much credit. I assume that most people have at least a basic understanding of logic and at least some sort of critical thinking skills. What I read was so incredibly off base that I was shocked for a moment.

-Herschel Walker is eating more than what you are alluding to per day. He must due to his level of activity.
    -Planning is not time consuming nor necessary.
    -If calorie counting is stressful, you are doung it wrong.
    -You have a penchant for fad diets.
    -You do not have even a basic understanding of the mythical "Starvation Mode"
    -You cannot ask for opinions after saying you will not change your mind and only want positive feedback and support, because you dont want an opinion, you want validation.

That being said, I support your right to do whatever you wish, even if it is silly and misguided.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be so quick to use genetic outlier freaks as an example of what to do.
    so your saying I should not study physics like I am Thomas Edison???

No.

He's saying you shouldn't study physics with the expectation of being the next Edison.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    c480x270_38.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be so quick to use genetic outlier freaks as an example of what to do.
    so your saying I should not study physics like I am Thomas Edison???

No.

He's saying you shouldn't study physics with the expectation of being the next Edison.

sigh, I was being sarcastic…
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    This is how I expect this thread to go...

cq3.gif

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Hey, maybe he survived. It is just a flesh wound.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    *grabs popcorn
    And, I'm reaching over for some of that popcorn too. :bigsmile:
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I am eating one meal per day. If it works for Herschel Walker, it can work for me. He's a Heisman Trophy winner!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Heck, I thought this was going to be about the Walking Dead and walked into a zombie thread.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    It's like the inception of zombie threads Zombie_Hershel_Head.gif
    Ah...ahh..ahhhhhh!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    It's like the inception of zombie threads Zombie_Hershel_Head.gif
    Ah...ahh..ahhhhhh!

That's more like it!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    A steady diet of chocolate pudding works well for Hershel too.

talking-dead-host-feeding-pudding-to-Hershels-severed-head.gif
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Have you tried meal planning? You can make 2-3 days worth of meals at a time...that could save you some time.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Off to a rollicking start down the road to inanity.