BodyPump as weightlifting

Options
13»

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I think the class does provide joint and bone density benefits. Just not the same extent as lifting heavier. One of the studies I linked to earlier said as much. I'd say it's not the gold standard but it's not just something fun to do that is not good for strength, bones or even as cardio.

Everything's a cost/benefit analysis. If I can get 90% of the benefit from an activity that's 100% more enjoyable for me, that would be my clear choice.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I think the class does provide joint and bone density benefits. Just not the same extent as lifting heavier. One of the studies I linked to earlier said as much. I'd say it's not the gold standard but it's not just something fun to do that is not good for strength, bones or even as cardio.

Everything's a cost/benefit analysis. If I can get 90% of the benefit from an activity that's 100% more enjoyable for me, that would be my clear choice.

agreed.

I just think you need to be AWARE that it is only 90% of the benefit- as long as you are making an educated decision- go forth- be fabulous.

I had a lady bragging to me about how strong and whatever she felt with her 5 million squats from body pump and she didn't' want to hear anything about the fact she wasn't building strength but rather endurance. That kind of thing is what frustrates me.