mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I live at home, so $310

andersoncooperwhatno.gif

me too. let's procreate
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Takehome pay in my house (after insurance, retirement, and taxes) is about $6,000.00 per month.
    This pays for a mortgage on a house, two car payments, and all the other fun crap that comes with living.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Dang.... my boyfriend and I live off of about $3500 together... barely scraping by.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    LOL... No comment...:bigsmile:
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Dang.... my boyfriend and I live off of about $3500 together... barely scraping by.
    where you live comes into play also.
    Living in Manhatten on 3500 would be impossible.
    Living in Boise, you would be living large.
  • mayaocean
    Options
    I live at home, so $310

andersoncooperwhatno.gif

me too. let's procreate

that's probably not a great idea

it's okay. we live in ontario. we can get on dat dere welfare and take the bus everywhere (i have a car tho, so we're good... i got you booboo)
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    where you live comes into play also.
    Living in Manhatten on 3500 would be impossible.
    Living in Boise, you would be living large.

Lol you are very right. We live in Nevada and the cost of living isn't bad but student loans are a b!tch
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    we were doing about $3500 plus money for savings, but now that the BF lost his job that is all about to change plus a baby in a month :sad:
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Per month (approx. values):

Mortgage-$1700
    Car (1)-$750
    Food-$600 (for 3) (33 edible items from garden (e.g. avocados, tomatoes, cook from scratch a lot)
    Gasoline-$90 (Plug-in Prius and All Electric Leaf)
    Electricity-$0 (solar panels, some years the utility pays me for my excess electricity generation)
    Natural Gas-$13 (only for cooking and water heating, electric house heating)
    Water-$30 (avg. over the year. I have 9 rain barrels, so winter watering the garden/yard (California) is usually free)

Savings-$4000 (low expenses and high pay scale means I can save for a nice retirement for me and da' missus)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Around 2500.00 including mortgage
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I live at home, so $310
    Can I move in with you??? :cry:
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I had a very smart girlfriend who made me do a "Financial Inventory" in my 20's and it opened my eyes to the waste I had in my life. I still do the inventory every year. I also work with lots of young military and I help them (if they want it)

So Yes I am spending what I need to, I'm not cheap by any stretch but I am frugal
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    housing 1800.00
    bills 1000.00
    dog 200.00
    food 500.00
    gas 50.00
    and random crap leaves me broke
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    A fish weir would have poles sticking out of the water.

I think he is trying to herd wild ducks into his dinner pot! :wink:
  • mayaocean
    Options
    A fish weir would have poles sticking out of the water.

I think he is trying to herd wild ducks into his dinner pot! :wink:

"forced" to take my grandfather's M6 to school stop at the mcdonalds I used to work at manager i worked with sees me in the drive thru we hate each other she asks how did I obtain the car I ask for a hamburger, she gives me a hamburger I raise it to my lips and take a bite. My eye twitches involuntarily. Across the street a father of three falls down the stairs I swallow and look down at the hamburger in my hands. She gives me a hamburger I swallow and look down at the hamburger in my hands. I cannot swallow. There are children at the top of the stairs a pickle shifts uneasily under the bun. She gives me a hamburger I look at her face, and she is pleading with me. The children are crying now I raise the hamburger to my lips, tears stream down my face as I take a bite she gives me a hamburger. I am on my knees.
    I plead with her to go across the street. She hears only children's laughter she gives me a hamburger I am screaming as I fall down the stairs. She is my child. I cannot see anything I take a bite of the hamburger the concrete rushes up to meet me I awake with a start in my own bed. My eye twitches involuntarily she gives me a hamburger as I kill her, I do not make a sound she gives me a hamburger...
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    And I thought living in CA was expensive. My rent and utilities are around $700, student loans and CC is about $1000, then $500 for random stuff [food, gas, what have you].
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    x5ox9f.jpg