Obese friend's Christmas gift.....stumped

Options
BroiledNotFried
BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
I want to give my friend a Christmas gift. She is a very good friend. She is large, and on the larger side of large. We completely avoid the weight issue in our relationship together. I want to avoid anythng weight related in the gift - whether it encourages food or encourages weight loss.

In the past, I bought her a purse and wallet. I picked up a Christmas card and movie tickets. Any ideas? Super nice blankets?

Replies

• MeredithDeVoe
    Options
    Earrings, hair ornaments, music cds, books?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Heated blanket
    Foot massager whirlpool with bubbles
    If she's girly and likes to paint her nails, a set of different colors of fingernail polish
    Films and DVDs that she may not yet have
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Pamper set, toiletries, perfume
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Last year my mom gave me this set of lavender scented heating pads you put in the microwave. They're those natural ones filled with... sand? I have no idea but it makes a moist heat that feels so good when my back is aching.
  • purplepink1992
    Options
    What's your budget? Sephora always has pretty good gift sets this time of year for all different things like nail polish, skin care, eye shadow, mascaras, perfume, etc :smile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    coach bag
  • fulleroaks
    Options
    What does she do in her free time? Books, TV, social events..... Get her something related to her interests.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    A nice brand of makeup, like Urban Decay or BareMinerals.
  • 13bettina
    13bettina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand why you are stumped and what her weight has to do with anything. If she is your friend, then you must know her interests (which I am sure go beyond food and weight). How about you buy her something that she would enjoy?
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    A pretty scarf?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand why you are stumped and what her weight has to do with anything. If she is your friend, then you must know her interests (which I am sure go beyond food and weight). How about you buy her something that she would enjoy?

This. I don't get why her weight is an issue when determining what kind of gift to buy.
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I fail to see the correlation between her weight and christmas gifts, if you're not buying clothing for her.

LOL

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    NO! Do NOT give her a stump...she will think you are trying to tell her something.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options

This. I don't get why her weight is an issue when determining what kind of gift to buy.

Yeah, totally agree. I don't take my good friends' weight into gift buying decisions usually.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

i was confused too
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

i was confused too
    Yup, as was I. But I didn't want to say anything, so thank you for having said it for me!
  • mayaocean
    mayaocean Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Never-go---FULL-RETARD.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    A nice brand of makeup, like Urban Decay or BareMinerals.

Or Mary Kay, or Prescriptives, or Nars, or Chanel, or Lancome and Clinique have awesome gift sets and gifts with purchase right now.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Yeah, her weight is a non factor. Gonna tell us her ethnicity next?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Yeah, her weight is a non factor. Gonna tell us her ethnicity next?

I wanna know how much money $he make$.

seeing_green_smiley_2_sticker-rb9bacbb7c1ca434983dc6958028d70d7_v9waf_8byvr_512.jpg