Obese friend's Christmas gift.....stumped

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    What would you buy your thin friend? I mean really.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    coach bag

this. because if you refer to her as your obese friend all the time then she needs to be compensated for putting up with that BS
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    176297__UNOPT__safe_animated.gif

I'm just gonna set up camp here on the off chance she's talking about me. Please tell us more about your friend OP? Does her breath smell, are her grey hairs showing, is her manicure chipping, are her eyebrows a little overgrown, does she have split ends, are her knees a little ashy sometimes?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    coach bag

this. because if you refer to her as your obese friend all the time then she needs to be compensated for putting up with that BS

Actually that at least deserves a Louis Vuitton. IMO.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    What would you buy your thin friend? I mean really.

Oh a sweater of course b/c it would look cute on her.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am guessing an apology for treating her like your "obese friend" is what she wants.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    BBC
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I would also like to add. No blankets.. I would be devastated to unwrap a blanket. :huh:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    How about a new friend who doesnt refer to her as obese.

I wonder if she refers to you as "

Oh never mind thats mean
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    BBC

:laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    this thread is making me think if somewhere my white friends are posting messages on a forum asking what to buy their black friend because they want to avoid any skin care stuff that might have SPF in it in case it reminds me that i'm black :grumble:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I would also like to add. No blankets.. I would be devastated to unwrap a blanket. :huh:

Especially a *throw* blanket if it ends up being too small to cover her...oh the humiliation. *smh*
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    this thread is making me think if somewhere my white friends are posting messages on a forum asking what to buy their black friend because they want to avoid any skin care stuff that might have SPF in it in case it reminds me that i'm black :grumble:

Didn't you see my post earlier?
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the toiletries, perfume, pampering ideas. She works alot and is a mom. She doesn't have alot of time for herself.

She reads alot, and picks up a ton of books on the e-reader. Perhaps a gift certificate so she can pick her own books.

Makeup is tricky, as she's a fresh faced type. I bought her a nice purse last year, so I can't use that one again.

It's just that the "on-line gift guides" point to exercise shoes, gourmet foods, and gym memberships. Nothing of which would be appropriate. I wouldn't give them to my other friends, so why does the gift guide tell to get that! Obese is almost a standard in today's world, and I was trying to say that she's more on the heavier side then the skinnier side. I do not look at her weight in our friendship. She is a great person, bigger heart than anyone out there. Sorry if it came out wrong. Thanks for pointing out my bad choice of words.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I am fat and love gourmet foods, exercise shoes, and gym memberships.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    strippergram
  • lablueluna
    Options
    Thank you so much for the toiletries, perfume, pampering ideas. She works alot and is a mom. She doesn't have alot of time for herself.

She reads alot, and picks up a ton of books on the e-reader. Perhaps a gift certificate so she can pick her own books.

Makeup is tricky, as she's a fresh faced type. I bought her a nice purse last year, so I can't use that one again.

It's just that the "on-line gift guides" point to exercise shoes, gourmet foods, and gym memberships. Nothing of which would be appropriate. I wouldn't give them to my other friends, so why does the gift guide tell to get that! Obese is almost a standard in today's world, and I was trying to say that she's more on the heavier side then the skinnier side. I do not look at her weight in our friendship. She is a great person, bigger heart than anyone out there. Sorry if it came out wrong. Thanks for pointing out my bad choice of words.

Um, I think you're missing the point. You do look at her weight in your friendship if you are using the "online gift guides for the obese."
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    is this a serious post? I'm really high and can't tell. someone help me.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Um, I think you're missing the point. You do look at her weight in your friendship if you are using the "online gift guides for the obese."

hDE455B93
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    is this a serious post? I'm really high and can't tell. someone help me.

i think it is...may i suggest doubling down. i don't even wanna be lucid for this right now.