Juice Fasting : Time & Cost Breakdown

Options

Replies

• SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Family of 4.... so your children are fasting for an enitre month as well??!!!!!! :noway:

I missed that......Either troll or child abuse. You decide.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in...to find out why juicing is superior...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    This is great! If you don't like your muscles (no protein), don't like proper brain function OR want half of the benefits of those fruits and vegetables (about half of the vitamins are fat soluble: no fat=no absorption), don't like chewing, don't like social events, but DO want a really clean colon, and DO want to lose some water weight, and DON'T mind being right back where you started in a week when you go back to eating normally.

bahahahahahaha this made me laugh out loud for real...
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I should hope that these "family members" are adults. Juice fasting for children is a NO.
  • ndj1979
    Options

We found we spend less than $50 for each big batch. So that is 4 gallons of juice for 4 people for 3 days. $13 per person for 3 days = a little over$4.00 per day,  and 3 meals typically per day= $1.50ish per meal!!! That is insanity!

no, what is insane is thinking you are going to consume only juiced product for three meals a day for the rest of your life...

You better have a lifetime supply of Rolaids...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My family and I (4 people total) have been juice fasting for a week now and I decided to break it down for you guys. Ok so, wrap your mind around this:

Your kids need real food. Solid food with fiber. Fine if you only want to feed them fruit and vegetables, but feed them real food.
  • gmhaggie06
    Options
    I juiced for a week! it was awesome!!!! I lost 12 pounds in one week! Then I passed out in the supermarket because my 400 pound body had been trying to live on 500 liquid calories a day! NOT SO GOOD. Now I drink a juice 3-4 times a week because my wife says "my skin looks nice when I juice"
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    poor alaskans
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I like to chew my food, keeps my jaw muscles in good shape. You know, for.....activities.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe how ignorant that entire post was. my god.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I like to chew my food, keeps my jaw muscles in good shape. You know, for.....activities.

competitive sausage eating?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Is this for real?I hope these aren't very young children that have no say in this. If so I hope someone reports this to the authorities.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    how does it taste when you add chicken or tuna? Thanks in advance
  • SoilFoodWeb
    SoilFoodWeb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is great! If you don't like your muscles (no protein), don't like proper brain function OR want half of the benefits of those fruits and vegetables (about half of the vitamins are fat soluble: no fat=no absorption), don't like chewing, don't like social events, but DO want a really clean colon, and DO want to lose some water weight, and DON'T mind being right back where you started in a week when you go back to eating normally.

nLiq2rL.gif
  • missfitmt
    missfitmt Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I thought MFP was supposed to be a forum where people SUPPORTED each other, not broke each other down. The OP stated that she was merely doing a fast for 10-days. She knows that it's not realistic to live off of only juice on a daily basis.

Also, she never stated that the family of 4 included children, so I don't get why people are jumping to conclusions and bashing her.

My goodness, this is merely HER statement on how juicing has affected her.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I thought MFP was supposed to be a forum where people SUPPORTED each other, not broke each other down. The OP stated that she was merely doing a fast for 10-days. She knows that it's not realistic to live off of only juice on a daily basis.

Also, she never stated that the family of 4 included children, so I don't get why people are jumping to conclusions and bashing her.

My goodness, this is merely HER statement on how juicing has affected her.

a ten day juice fast is not necessary nor is it healthy …

so whenever people post stuff that is totally incorrect and unhealthy we should all just say "hooray, good luck on your journey"? …please…its a public forum I am sure the OP can deal with it ..plus the OP never came back so this is probably a troll thread anyway...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I do not support dumb ideas.
  • Filatina
    Filatina Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you, missfitmt. I really appreciate you standing up for me.

I did not post this for the haters, I posted this for the few people that might have been interested in it.

I apologize for not clarifying some of the things, but that is why I referred people to my blog because it has more details in there.
    And I may not get to all the comments but... Let me get to the main points:

1. As missfitmt noted... The four people in my family are all adults over 21 years old, so no child abuse is occurring.

2. This is a 10 day juice fast. Not a 30 day or for life. ( although I have heard of people doing 30 or even 60 day fasts)

3. The mouth gets enough of a workout from talking.

4. I am consuming over 1200 calories a day, so I am not in starvation mode. And the ingredients We are using (which is why I listed these) contain protein, iron, potassium, and all the other essential vitamins our body needs). I know that juicing kicks off fiber, thus I incorporated flax meal and chia seeds in my diet (sorry this was in my blog, not on my post)

5. No I do not sell juicers or am on the FSND documentary or affiliated with Joe Cross... I merely stated that we watched it and got inspired.

You don't have to support me, I just put it out there for people who were curious about it and may have done this before.
    I realize that the fast weight loss will be gained back some, but I ultimately want this to be an experience where I can view food differently and not just consume things without second thought. It is also intended to be a detox/cleanse to give my digestive system a break and get rid of toxins... What toxins you ask? The pizza, the French fries, the hamburgers, the processed fiords, artificial sugars, the oil, the grease, the alcohol, nicotine, plus all the other chemicals and crap that leaves residues in our system.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

You don't have to support me, I just put it out there for people who were curious about it and may have done this before.
    I realize that the fast weight loss will be gained back some, but I ultimately want this to be an experience where I can view food differently and not just consume things without second thought. It is also intended to be a detox/cleanse to give my digestive system a break and get rid of toxins... What toxins you ask? The pizza, the French fries, the hamburgers, the processed fiords, artificial sugars, the oil, the grease, the alcohol, nicotine, plus all the other chemicals and crap that leaves residues in our system.

Please explain how juicing remove toxins. Your liver, kidney, bowels. lungs remove toxins all the time. Juicing has no magical properties to pull toxins out of tissue or whatever.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Please explain how juicing remove toxins. Your liver, kidney, bowels. lungs remove toxins all the time. Juicing has no magical properties to pull toxins out of tissue or whatever.
    This. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses