Big Boob Blues

Options
So one of my main motivations for working out is my bra size. When I gain weight, I gain in my breast first so I thought losing weight would fall from there as well. Went to get measure today and 15lbs later, I am still a 32H/HH. Don't think I have ever cried so hard in front of a sales associate.

I know there's no way to target weight loss areas but my feelings are so hurt. I only have 15lbs to go before I reach my goal and by then I may lose a cup size but that's about it. If anyone has any experience with big boob problems, please comment. I could use some serious advice right now...

Replies

• kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Some of us just don't lose in the boobs. I'm a 34DD and was the same size when I was stick thin. I had a friend who recently had reduction surgery--she looks FANTASTIC!! I'm not to that point, but damn I wish they would be perky C cups!!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Personally I've never had a problem with big boobs, not that it would matter what size fell into my lap, so to speak.:bigsmile:
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. It takes me a fair bit of weight loss before my bra size changes. I am not sure what I started at because I was wearing the wrong bra size but around 30 lbs ago, I was a 34 G/H and now I am a 32 E/F.
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Many women and men would consider your problem a blessing.

The only thing you can do is keep getting less body fat or surgery it seems.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yep. i have this same issue, it's not a problem because there are many pretty bra options. that's pretty much the way it fr those of us who are full busted (small rib cages and huge boobs). last year i lost 30 pounds and i went from a 38G to a 36H which basically means i lost nothing in the cup but 2 inches in the ribcage.

in my best case scenario, i'll end up reaching goal weight at 30DD, but i wouldnt at all be surprised if that ends up being 30DDD./

why are your feelings hurt? it's just boobs, people pay good money for these :laugh: seriously if it is that big of an issue for you, just get a reduction. i got one when i was 19 (i went from a JJ to a D) and it was the best decision at the time because at that time tmy waist was much smaller combined with juicy thighs meant that i was getting lots of unwanted attention.

if getting a reduction will make you feel better about being in your own skin, then get the reduction
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    my bust measurement changes 1 MAYBE 2 inches with my weight loss . Whether I am 148 or 113. Even if my underbust and every other section of my body slims down the boobies are here to stay from a 32/F to a 30/E. Your boobs are always gonna be big. I tell people that mine may decide to take over Tokyo. I have no real advice except commiseration of feeling embarrassed about my boobs. and the horror of trying on clothes only to feel like I look like a *kitten* or just plain ridiculous because of the breasticles. The only bright side I have is finding that perfect peice of clothing that makes you look SMOKIN
  • Spudnut72
    Spudnut72 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a man and have nothing to add to this post! I just had to read it 'cause the heading had 'Boob' in it.

In all seriousness though - love the body you are in. Keep up the weight loss and see what happens. Most guys would appreciate your problem but if it affects your way of life, there are other options.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    My boobs went down quite a bit when I lost all this weight and I couldn't be happier :bigsmile:
  • 2boys111
    2boys111 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am big chested too since having my kids. I never understood why women complained about their big chests until I became so big. I totally feel your pain. It's hard to work out because of bouncing, finding a sports bra that is comfy etc. Clothes, dresses--everything revolves around my chest and what can accommodate it. It is frustrating!

It seems like you will be like me--even after losing weight, you will continue having a big chest. SO.....love yourself. Seriously. Save up and buy expensive, good fitting bras (it makes a world of difference under clothes). You are worth it. Buy clothes and have them tailored if necessary to work for your body. Most women have areas they need to down play and areas to highlight. Really work with what you have and be okay with it. There are certain types of dresses that will never work with my body type. I can never wear a tank top to the gym without showing crazy cleavage doing weights. So it's t-shirts for me. I'm ok with it. There are plenty of cute clothes I can wear (with maybe a little help from the tailor).

And yea, maybe eventually you want to look to a reduction surgery. But until then, work with your rocking, awesome body!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my bust measurement changes 1 MAYBE 2 inches with my weight loss . Whether I am 148 or 113. Even if my underbust and every other section of my body slims down the boobies are here to stay from a 32/F to a 30/E. Your boobs are always gonna be big. I tell people that mine may decide to take over Tokyo. I have no real advice except commiseration of feeling embarrassed about my boobs. and the horror of trying on clothes only to feel like I look like a *kitten* or just plain ridiculous because of the breasticles. The only bright side I have is finding that perfect peice of clothing that makes you look SMOKIN

unfortunately this is still a big stereotype and just one of the many reasons i had body image issues when i was younger.

the idea that i'm somehow sluttier than a girl with a b cup because i wear a tank top on a 100 degree is ridiculous.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options

unfortunately this is still a big stereotype and just one of the many reasons i had body image issues when i was younger.

the idea that i'm somehow sluttier than a girl with a b cup because i wear a tank top on a 100 degree is ridiculous.

I agree and feel your pain. Hell, I could have cleavage in a turtleneck
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have heard many women lose weight in their boobs after losing weight - there have been many posts on this topic, so you may want to search past posts. I am hopeful for you that you will lose weight in your boobs the closer you get to your goal :) best of luck!! you look great!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    please don't lose your boobs…
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    my bust measurement changes 1 MAYBE 2 inches with my weight loss . Whether I am 148 or 113. Even if my underbust and every other section of my body slims down the boobies are here to stay from a 32/F to a 30/E. Your boobs are always gonna be big. I tell people that mine may decide to take over Tokyo.

when that happens can I be the commanding general?
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    Seriously!? WTH..,
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options

It's really hard. Even though I know it's insane and I shouldn't care what anyone else thinks, it's hurtful to be typecast because of something you have no control over. I found it particularly hard at work when I felt like I had to completely hide my body to be taken seriously and not get propositioned.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Give it time, you may lose in your boobs. I also am well endowed but after losing 32 pounds my bras are too big. Can't wait to go and buy some smaller ones.
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Even after my 54 lb loss I still wear the same bra size. I have always been large chested. It's something weight loss doesn't change for everybody. I've had friends who got reductions and love it. Maybe that's something to look into? But, if it's not causing you pain then why does it bother you? I love mine haha
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Don't think I have ever cried so hard in front of a sales associate.

Does that mean that you normally cry in front of sales associates, just not normally that hard? That's really not appropriate behavior at all. Maybe you should work on your emotional issues?

Personally, I've gone from 38G to 32G so far, so same cup size, but that does represent a loss of volume since cup size is relative to band size. Yes, the size of my breasts gets me unwanted attention and that's annoying, but it also makes me attractive to people who I find attractive, so it's not all negative.
  • AlishaBaxmann
    AlishaBaxmann Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm only a 36 D, and I wish I had B cups.

*hug*