Healthy Breakfast Ideas (:

Options

Replies

• dontwishforit_workforit
    Options
    I tried the paleo pancakes once (two eggs + 1 mashed banana). I'm not big on banana's but I thought "Hey, what the hell, easy meal and a nice change from hard boiled eggs and a banana!" Alas, banana flavored egg is not my go-to. I had even added vanilla and cinnamon, butttt no go.

I also stick to a meal for awhile then switch it up. Lately it has been an egg or two (hardboiled, scrambled, sunnyside up) and Thomas English Muffin Double Fiber Honey Wheat with 2 tbsp Peter Pan Honey PB Crunch. Nom! Sometimes I do half a muffin and forgo the peanut butter so I can eat a Yoplait 100 calorie Lemon Greek Yogurt. Omnom! I find Chobani too bitter, the Yoplait ones have resolved that for me! I am diabetic so try to stay within the 45-60g carbs range I was given in the beginning while keeping the sugar factor lower.

Sometimes I swipe what I have cooked for breakfast for my residents here, which is baked bacon, scrambled "cheesy" eggs and half an english muffin.
  • goldenglitter83
    goldenglitter83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1 instant pouch of maple brown sugar cream of wheat, and 1/2 cup of silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk! It's already sweet (a little) so no need to add any additional sugar! low calorie, and taste great! :-)
  • maddielathma
    maddielathma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 1 egg white all mixed together and chucked in the microwave with a side of whatever fruit I have in fridge at the moment it's been pineapple om nom nom :) love a cooked breakfast in the morning and this takes less than 2 minutes to do
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I wake up daily at 6:30-7am...any kind of cereals or muesli( 30g serving with 200ml milk/almond milk) is not keeping me full till 12:30-13pm no matter what fruit I add to it...I'm having a coffee when I wake up and postponing breakfast 'till 9:30 after I drop my daughter off...but it's crazy...breakfast cereals have so many calories, as much as a chocolate sponge...I tried sandwich with one wholemeal bread slice, cooked ham( even if I loathe it, saw on tv how it's made...it's still 11cals/slice) and plum tomatoes, lettuce, pepper, cucumber...I absolutely loaded it with veg..by 11 I was starving!
    And when I hear/read people having little things like yogurt with oats or a slice of bread with pb and being full till noon I can't help thinking: are they lying or am I crazy? I could absolutely rip the fridge apart in the morning! But on 1300 cal per day allowance how can you?!!there's the rest of the day to consider including dinner with family.
    I'd be really interested to find some ideas on here...some good ones!
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    A cup of Green tea, half cup part skim ricotta cheese with blueberries, cinnamon and 1 truvia packet. Sometimes I have 1 slice of bread.

I have breakfast at 6 am after I come home from the gym. I always have a snack around 9 am or I am starving at lunch time. Snack is usually a yogurt or protein shake.
  • IvyRue
    Options
    I make microwave omelettes.... they sound disgusting but taste lovely.

2X eggs
    Dash of Skim Milk

Filling: I usually use tomatoes/beetroot/spinach - couscous can be nice but adds more cals

Beat them together and place in a microwavable container (tupperware or even the little plastic trays you get from takeaways will do) and put them in on high for 2 1/2 minutes.

I usually have a little dressing and salad with them.

I don't eat wheat so I generally don't have toast with them (gluten free bread is soooo expensive) - but one slice of wholegrain is good for balance.

The other thing I eat for breakfast is Aptamil Porridge (yep...baby food) just because it's instant, Gluten free and has about 150 - 200kcals per serving.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I wake up daily at 6:30-7am...any kind of cereals or muesli( 30g serving with 200ml milk/almond milk) is not keeping me full till 12:30-13pm no matter what fruit I add to it...I'm having a coffee when I wake up and postponing breakfast 'till 9:30 after I drop my daughter off...but it's crazy...breakfast cereals have so many calories, as much as a chocolate sponge...I tried sandwich with one wholemeal bread slice, cooked ham( even if I loathe it, saw on tv how it's made...it's still 11cals/slice) and plum tomatoes, lettuce, pepper, cucumber...I absolutely loaded it with veg..by 11 I was starving!
    And when I hear/read people having little things like yogurt with oats or a slice of bread with pb and being full till noon I can't help thinking: are they lying or am I crazy? I could absolutely rip the fridge apart in the morning! But on 1300 cal per day allowance how can you?!!there's the rest of the day to consider including dinner with family.

On 1300 cals a day you probably would be starving. The breakfast options you mention wouldn't satisfy me for 5 minutes, they wouldn't even touch the sides of my stomach!

If that's your position, I'd be stocking up on fat, protein and non-starchy vegies. The fat and protein will keep you satisfied, hopefully for long enough to get you to your next meal. Having a wide variety of vegies should give you lots of nutrients :)
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options

On 1300 cals a day you probably would be starving. The breakfast options you mention wouldn't satisfy me for 5 minutes, they wouldn't even touch the sides of my stomach!

If that's your position, I'd be stocking up on fat, protein and non-starchy vegies. The fat and protein will keep you satisfied, hopefully for long enough to get you to your next meal. Having a wide variety of vegies should give you lots of nutrients :)

I agree here. With a 1300 calorie allowance, you need to eat smarter. In the week I have porridge with a teaspoon of honey or a teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Occasionally I throw in some dried fruit.

At the weekend, I have a bit more time.......

Take
    a slice of bacon
    OR a sausage
    OR a few slices of black pudding
    OR a few slices of salami,

and chop up / slice.

Throw them into a hot pan and cook.

Whip up 2 eggs

When the meat is cooked, throw in the eggs and remove from the heat.

There should be enough heat in the pan to cook the eggs, but return to the heat if necessary.

Serve on plain toast or on it's own when the eg is just cooked.

A lot of people worry that you need milk and butter to cook the eggs, but you don't. Lots of protein, filling, and delicious. If you get it right, the meat is completely covered in cooked egg.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I do a high-fiber, low-carb wrap with 2 eggs (fried up in a short spray of PaM) and a 15 gram smear of Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese. Sometimes I add a spoonful of homemade (or good "homemade-style deli) salsa. YUM!
  • leehudson1
    leehudson1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wholewheat banana pancakes with a little honey and fresh fruit

Or

Low fat sausage, low fat bacon, half fat mature cheese, dry fried egg in a wholemeal English muffin touch of tomato sauce x 2 for me but i guess 1 would be ok if you want less calories, had to make do with 1 today myself as i had a visitor to share with, delicious.
  • busybrown72
    busybrown72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What else goes in the muesli with the apples?
  • busybrown72
    busybrown72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. Is there a way to save great posts like this one?
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love omelettes in any form and don't usually use butter or milk just a tiny amount of olive oil to grease the pan. I've lost my weight on 1390 and 1300 cal a day without eating part of exercise back...for a month I've eaten part of it back and I've gained and now maintaining...I'm 169 cm and currently 63.5kg and for about 3 weeks now I feel like eating anything in sight...how did I managed to stay away from food 3 months and now struggling is out of my understanding...but the oats and bran and muesli I used to have with dried plum, cherry or almonds is not doing much for me.
    Sorry I'm derailing the thread, anyone willing to help message me, would be so much appreciated! Thanks!
  • badsheryle
    Options
    1/2 oatmeal cooked , 1 banana mix in, berries, 1 egg mix in, 1tbp chia seed,cinnamon mhmmm
  • SteppyRohr
    SteppyRohr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Most days my breakfast is either a whole wheat tortilla, 1 whole egg, 2 egg white, with homemade salsa, a little cheese and two slices of turkey bacon OR an egg omelet with spinach, tomatoes, green onions with turkey bacon.
  • Wifey7891
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast person, I usually have greek yogurt and granola or some cereal. on weekends i like to have pancakes/waffle, or eggs with peppers and onions. turkey bacon if we have it. oatmeal is also a very healthy option with some cinnamon and raisins.
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I alternate between
    2 hard boiled eggs and green tea
    or
    1/2 c part skim ricotta cheese (with 1 packet of truvia and cinnamon) and green tea

sometimes I add 1 slice of toast to either one.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Great ideas in this post. I tend to have oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar. I want to start trying other breakfasts to add in more protein and cutback on sugar (I don't care for oatmeal without added sugar).
  • JessMonster84
    Options
    eggs, whole grain waffles, and bacon…boom!

YUM!:drinker: