How long does it take to lose weight in thighs and butt?

Options
2»

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    not long at all
    if you indulge in the fine art of... well, you know.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    First on, last off.
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Keep working out, continue to drink water and make sure that you are eating properly. Your diet is key in the weight loss journey.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure out how you weigh each piece separately to verify results, any ideas?!?!?!
  • DianneP6772
    DianneP6772 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    They are all right. Spot reducing - just doesn't happen.
    But stick with a good plan of eating right and exercising - and it can happen. My exercise included lots of cycling.
    I had big thighs and a big butt.
    Did you see that important word??? -- Had ?
    I can't really believe it - but my legs are Much slimmer and my butt has lost 2-3 inches. (wish i had measured before starting!)
    I went from a size 12/14 short to a 4/6 ! That was never in my wildest dreams! I have never been this small - i think its partly - new vanity sizing! But whatever - i lost it.
    You can too.
    Glad you started and you don't have as much to lose as i did - so its definitely doable.
    Good luck!
  • eugovogue
    Options
    First on, last off.

Not for me. I gain in my thighs, butts, and hips first. Recently lost weight and it all came from...my thighs, butt, and hips.
    Never gain in my stomach or arms, and as such, they have remained unchanged throughout my workout and diet change.

Everyone is different.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Patience is part of the process...

Learn more about fitness and nutrition--ABSOLUTELY! However, then you will have to figure out what works for you and your body because we are all so different and also, as your body changes so might your ways of losing.

I'm no nutritionist or a doctor, but from personal experience: Maybe for a short period of time (I'd guess not more than a month or two) what you are doing now will work, but USE CAUTION because depending on how much fat you have to loose, and MANY MANY other factors your body will take measures--like someone else mentioned above, by getting what it needs from your muscles as well as your fat (THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING!) and it will try and protect itself by doing some pretty unappealing things too.

Ultimately--eat at a deficit, move more, be persistent and have patience.

In the meantime, maybe work on loving the shape you have because as mentioned above you can't spot reduce any more than what your shape allows; the only way to do that is to visit a plastic surgeon and I dont' know about you but IMHO, that's not a route I'd willing to take as I believe I am perfect in my imperfections and only want to be healthy and fit in the body I was given! :bigsmile:

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!!
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Best advice is to read a bit about this stuff so you know what you're doing. A great book is New Rules of Lifting for Women (even if you don't end up lifting, the info in the book is gold).
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure out how you weigh each piece separately to verify results, any ideas?!?!?!

Lol
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    8beab1c43d7c594710d85105fde9d26612821c999a3cbc3f6316ade04a91d16c.jpg

On a serious note, for some, it can be an unfortunate matter of getting down to an incredibly low bf % for that.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between a week and never.
  • suzsy312
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce so you will end up having to loose weight overall. I will say though that it really depends on how hard you work to loose the weight because I've seen people take 4 months even a year. Less and more as well. If you want to loose weight fat, weight lifting will help increase muscle. more muscle leads to greater fat being burned in you body. Try HIIT workouts a lot of people have seen results.
  • xXRosie3
    Options
    Somewhere between a week and never.
    Haha well thats some reassuring motiation:p