I want to eat less and move more

Options
Achrya
Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
And lift some heavy weights. I'd like to be sexy while doing so (Well not while, but perhaps after a shower and such)

I don't want to: Cut anything out of my diet, aside from calories.

Do any juice or water fasts in placement of food.

Be hungry.

Try out any fad diets.

Adopt a whole new philosophy in life.

Be hungry.

Suffer from food based guilt.

Drive myself insane.

Turn into a snob who puts down others and their choices in food for not being good, pure, clean, or whole enough

Be Hungry!

Bust my butt in the gym out of obligation and not out of a desire to bust my butt.

Any thoughts on the sustainability of this plan? Yes? No? Doing it wrong? Sounds too simple?

Replies

• caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    well I guess you have to work out at the gym because it takes 15 minutes to burn one gram of fat... But what i do is go by Dr. Taubes advice and ive been on diet for 5 and a half weeks and I lost 9 lbs.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Sounds like broscience to me.
  • Achrya
    Options
    well I guess you have to work out at the gym because it takes 15 minutes to burn one gram of fat... But what i do is go by Dr. Taubes advice and ive been on diet for 5 and a half weeks and I lost 9 lbs.

:huh:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Entirely possible, entirely sustainable.

It's hard work, so not 'easy', but it can be 'simple'

Just takes hard work (which I know you can do)
    and creativity as you adjust your life to accommodate your goals.

:flowerforyou:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

... Liek wow... omg.

ETA: facepalm.gif

The ridiculousness of my post now matches the post above; spelling errors just weren't cutting it.
  • GymPoet
    GymPoet Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Eat filling healthy food, that'll help you not be hungry.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    sounds suspicious.

are you going to jumpstart your metabolism at any point?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

oh, clearly your plan is flawless
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Pretty much sums it up. I think before I started here recording everything I was probably chowing down on 2500 to 3000 calories a day without blinking. Now I am hovering about 1700 rarely hungry - just trying to make the best possible choices for myself and that is who counts. It's great to have friends here but I am not a nutritionist I am not a doctor I am just someone who has done this a dozen + times before, I know what works and what doesn't and the main thing is to find a plan that you can sustain for the rest of your life. It is pure physics expend more than you intake and the weight will drop -- as others have noticed though spending your day eating 1500 calories of ice cream will only make you hungry.

Cheers on your decision.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I think you are in the wrong forum. Maybe try bodybuilding.com?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    OP - I like your plan!

tumblr_lflgi9qct91qdufy3.gif
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Nope, it won't work. I don't see any mention of a single hair-shirt or self-flagellation routine.
  • Achrya
    Options
    sounds suspicious.

are you going to jumpstart your metabolism at any point?

Yeah, I'm just waiting for my husband to come home with the jumper cables.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a "lifestyle change" instead of a diet...and yes it works :)
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You know that is hurting my feelings maybe I should just not answer. I don't understand what I did that is "ridiculous." Its working for me, I have been around the world, I have lived different lifestyles and have found what is the secret in my opionon.
    If you don't like my answer then please delete it all.
  • Achrya
    Options
    You know that is hurting my feelings maybe I should just not answer. I don't understand what I did that is "ridiculous." Its working for me, I have been around the world, I have lived different lifestyles and have found what is the secret in my opionon.
    If you don't like my answer then please delete it all.

Lots of things work; don't make them not ridiculous
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    This is a sound plan.

YES.
  • Achrya
    Options
    This is a sound plan.

YES.

Good good. I was afraid it was lacking in gimmicks and self punishment.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you wont be able to follow this. you'll be missing those cayenne pepper and cabbage soup diets

remember-diet-lol-cat.jpg
  • suzsy312
    Options
    If you want loose weight, I do not sugguest cutting down the amount you eat. Eat lot but healthy. If you want to loose weight or even get toned, you will have to make sacrifices and eat more clean. You can't eat less but enjoy hamburgers and pizza. Dieting is all about balance so as long as you eat healthy and what you want in moderation, along with exercise you should see results within weeks. Moving more and eating less will only make you feel dizzy and weak. I changed to a healthier lifestyle 3 months ago and these tips really helped. I am not a professional but based on a lot of people I know who are on a fitness journey, these advices have helped.