Slowly morphing into FB? with "like" option?

Options

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, I didn't lose 36 almost 37 pounds on FB! LOL. Sometimes 'like' is sufficient. "Drank 8 glasses of water" click like. Walked 5 miles WOOOOOT!!!

:laugh:

I see you are a Mod. Fact is that the more you make MFP similar to FB, the less desirable it gets. You guys have to understand that many of us on MFP think very lowly of FB, and if you;re gonna go down the road of making MFP look like FB, its a tragedy of massive proportions.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Exactly what it says on the tin. Do you think the "like" option is going to mean the demise of comments?

Yes
  • NormInv
    Options
    There are a bunch of things about fb that are wonderful. The like is one of em. It makes it easier to give your input in your daily rush. What they need now is notifications.. when people reply to you on forum posts, comment on your wall, like something of yours etc. It's not a bad thing i don't think because it seems like it would definately work in this setting.

definItely!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I would have liked WTG button, personally.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    *Like*

Or a would bang button.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I don't think so, I didn't lose 36 almost 37 pounds on FB! LOL. Sometimes 'like' is sufficient. "Drank 8 glasses of water" click like. Walked 5 miles WOOOOOT!!!

:laugh:

I see you are a Mod. Fact is that the more you make MFP similar to FB, the less desirable it gets. You guys have to understand that many of us on MFP think very lowly of FB, and if you;re gonna go down the road of making MFP look like FB, its a tragedy of massive proportions.

A touch of an exaggeration there, don't you think? You don't like the like button, don't click it. Problem solved.

Reality is that it will be just like all the changes Facebook makes. People will scream and moan about them for a few days or weeks, then just get right back to using the service, and slowly adopt the thing they were complaining about in the first.

Change happens.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    *Like*

Or a would bang button.

Or +1
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Exactly what it says on the tin. Do you think the "like" option is going to mean the demise of comments?

It wasn't the demise of comments on FB, it won't be on MFP.

Likes and comments serve two different purposes. I've often wanted to signify support for something without actually having anything to add. Clicking 'like' saves worthless "^^^This" comments.

The bigger thing people should be thinking about is that MFP quite possibly has long term plans for advertisers to get into your newsfeed. As a business, they certainly should. Your likes will probably play an active roll in this.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I hate change, in general, but I'm not completely opposed to a "like" button.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I actually suggested this in the suggestion board. A Like bttn or wtg or something. I saw it as a extra way to show people on your friends list some support. At least thats how I saw it when I asked about it and suggested it. I know others jumped in and also suggested it as well. You can either see it as something good or something bad, but the button itself is neither good or bad.

I mean sometimes there are so many friend status updates of them doing this or that, and I dont always have the time to reply to everyone and tell them how great they are doing, something as small is this "like" button I think is a way to show that support more. Just my 2cents.
  • candiceh3
    Options
    How come only some of us have a like button???
  • NormInv
    Options
    I actually suggested this in the suggestion board. A Like bttn or wtg or something. I saw it as a extra way to show people on your friends list some support. At least thats how I saw it when I asked about it and suggested it. I know others jumped in and also suggested it as well. You can either see it as something good or something bad, but the button itself is neither good or bad.

I mean sometimes there are so many friend status updates of them doing this or that, and I dont always have the time to reply to everyone and tell them how great they are doing, something as small is this "like" button I think is a way to show that support more. Just my 2cents.

Your problem is too many people you call friends but dont feel strong enough for to leave a comment.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Why is MFP trying so hard to be like FB? Now when you start up the app on iOS , it's a blank blue screen like FB. What happened to cool pic of all the yummy food? :noway:
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

We are the chosen ones :wink:
  • candiceh3
    Options

We are the chosen ones :wink:

Bah humbug.

:p
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I think it will. It sucks. I stay away from FB for the most part and now MFP looks more and more like it every day. Not caring for it. I hope my pals still comment and don't just hit like all the time. I need their support which is the whole reason I use MFP. I can count calories without MFP but it's my pals that keep me going. And I like to think they del the same way and I keep them coming back and carrying on. But alas nobody has time these days so now the like button will give them the ability to quickly "respond" and be done. Boo MFP, Boo!
  • FirecrackerJess
    Options

Your problem is too many people you call friends but dont feel strong enough for to leave a comment.

That is your opinion to have, not how I see it.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    if anything, people say 'Nice!' all the time, so what we needed was a 'Nice!' button!

'nice' boxers
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Would you be opposed to a hug button?
  • FirecrackerJess
    Options
    Does it really matter what it says? Like, or WTG, or Nice... the sentiment is the same deep down.