CARDIO! How much do you do?!

Options
I used to do about 30 mins 3 days a week of cardio but I just didn't feel it was enough so now I do 1-2 hours 5-6 days a week. Sometimes is just a run outside, Sometimes it's at the gym and sometimes it's at home doing workout DVDs.

So I was just being a bit nosey really and wondering how much cardio everyone else does a week and if they feel they are doing enough, too much or not enough? :D

Thanks for any replies. :)

Replies

• moefinch
    moefinch Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do three 55 minute spin classes through the week (sometimes a 4th) and three 20 minute elliptical warm ups before strength. I take one day completely off.
  • Minimaa
    Minimaa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Am not doing enough ;( So far I am averaging about 3 workouts a week at only 20+ mins, plus squats challenge. Next week I am aiming to increase to 30 mins running sessions 4 times a week. And, being inspired by Rhiannon, going to start the kickboxing workouts.
  • CloudDogS
    Options
    You're doing great!!!
    I'm really aiming to do about as much as you do

I've not been doing enough for a few days But it was meant to be Recovery week anyway
    I did seven hours total the week before
    Aiming to double that in the long term
    Just started 2 work outs a day but very short ones at the moment, with one long run and one rest day I hope
    If I can't do that this week because of meds, I'll try again the next week
    Since I started training for triathlon I can't really seem to feel okay unless I do a Multisport work out almost every day.
    I think the most I've done consistently week in week out was about seven hours a week. But that was all running.
    With more than one sport and strength training I have been able to do that long more easily

That's all makes me Sound really good, That's the most I do. Do a lot less quite often
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I do 30 minutes of exercice (cardio and/or weights) 7 days a week. I used to be an overexerciser (2-3 hours/day, 7 days a week) and I do not wish to go back to this, so I`m keeping it at this for now and it`s perfect for me­.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I do about 20 mins. of cardio (usually running intervals) twice a week. I do weights 3 times a week.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Absolute ZERO.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    When I'm dropping.. 60 minutes 5 days a week.. when I am maintaining.. whenever I want to cheat. LOL
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I do about 5 hours of cardio per week. Plus strength training/hiit.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    none , it never did anything for me really. I do yoga and strength training!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Right now, zero (bulking). I lift 3x/week. When I start cutting again I'll go back to about 30 minutes 2-3x/week. 2 hours a day seems excessive imo.
  • Kasi_Smith
    Options
    You're doing great!
    I used to run just about everyday, anywhere from 3-6 miles.
    The problem was that my body got so used to that form of exercise that it stopped being challenging,
    which meant I wouldn't burn as much. I'm doing a number of things for cardio now, my newest favorite being
    a kick-boxing work out :)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I average 25-35min of HIIT 3-4X week. Bodyweight training 1-2X week (need to do at least 2 every week, but haven't got there yet), & yoga or pilates 2X week for 15-35min. My workouts are typically no more than 40mins per day. I don't have equiptment or go to a gym, just bodyweight & cardio at home.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Hmm, none really...unless you count some of my karate training.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Nada.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I do jumping jacks to warm up... then I'm done with that stuff.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    cardio--->about 210 minutes...about

lifting----> about 70 minutes...about

pushups sit ups other stuff about 20 minutes...about
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I don't really see the need to do 2 hours of cardio at a time. I usually do 20-30 min. of aerobics or circuit training (like RI30) in the morning and then some lifting 3x/wk. On the weekends, its one circuit training workout and a run or maybe a day off.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I walk and bike for transportation, but don't count that because it's just my life.

I run with my dog for 30 minutes maybe 3 times per week. I go to Zumba class 2X week because it's fun, and I do the elliptical or stair machine when my joints can't take dancing or running or to help my deficit if I have been eating too much.

Is there any reason you are trying to do so much cardio? That seems like a lot of time to spend unless it's some activity you really enjoy for its own sake. More cardio won't necessarily get you the results you want. I'd read up on that and make informed decisions...
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Officially 2 hours a week. No more. Though (if the weather is nice enough) I do go for walks on occasion on my gym rest days.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I avoid cardio like the plague. Unless you count the obligatory dog walks. But other than that, I consider it against my religion.

Correlation doesn't necessary mean causation, but the cardio heaviest points of my life coincided with my scale-heaviest points. Just food for thought.