Goals for 2014?

Options
Well, the new year is coming around and it's a time everyone sets goals. We actually set goals all the time as people who strive to be fit and healthy so I don't think it's anything new to us. But, what's something in 2014 you are going to strive for?

I'm actually wanting to add a little bit of muscle. I've leaned out pretty good so I think I'm wanting to add 5-10 pounds of muscle. I'd also like to make some strength gains as well.

What are your goals for the upcoming new year?

Replies

• tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would like to be at my goal weight by my birthday next September. I am on target right now to be there by ~ mid June but I know it will slow down and I will have some bumps in the road.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Maintaining! And building up some lower ab muscles.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Eat clean again. No pop, no sweets (dark chocolate ok), no wheat
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I just want to get back on track when it comes to eating healthy. I also want to get down to the weight where I can run.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    My personal goal is to focus on health, pray more, less soda, and to lower my A1C. Also, to live each day better than the one before.
  • Darkaller
    Darkaller Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Getting to my goal weight by my birthday in May, working on building muscles, feeling more confident, getting a more fulfilling job.
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My goal is to gain muscle, especially biceps, lats and delts, and achieve at least 90% mobility in my post-operative shoulder.
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this. I would like to lose 35 lbs this year. Don't really have a date in mind, but I'd like to lose at least 0.5 lbs per week. I'd also like to start cardio 5x per week and lifting 2x per week. Also want to find a better job and enroll in school online for Health Information Management.
  • librarysteg
    librarysteg Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'd like to complete the C25K program again. I did it all the way through a few years ago and was so proud of myself. I'd like to log my calories for the full 365 days. I have lots of weight loss goals through out the year...5 pound increments about every 6-8 weeks. If I'm able to keep to this schedule, I should hopefully reach a big goal of mine which is to weigh 155 by mid-November. That would be 40 pounds from my current weight. I'd like to take tennis lessons this summer.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Eat clean. Scale-wise, I want to lose the last 10lbs to get to my goal weight, so get rid of my remaining fat, build more muscle. Next summer is going to be my bikini summer!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Squat and deadlift 405lb, bench 135. Get my 10k time under 1 hour.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1. Complete my free month of boot camp in Jan/Feb and learn a thing or two about weights.

2. Increase from a 6km run to a 10 km run and complete the Sydney Mothers Day Classic.

3. Enjoy my 7 week trip to Europe in June while fitting in a run or two a week and not gaining too much (very loose goal, haha. I'll probably just go wild).
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Move into maintenance.
    Learn to control the binges.
    Build up strength all over, but especially for lunges and squats. I'm not ready to really build muscle, and not in a position to do so, so I'm not 100% sure how this will happen.
    Figure out what's up with my hip so I can do squats better.
    Gain enough strength to do a pull up
    Work on yoga poses such as crow pose and headstand.
  • Daniazi
    Options
    I still cant start working on my goal !! eating under my calories goal is hard for me in this snowing weather with some exams . Im thinking to take my goal lower or I might go on a short term goal :(
    I REALLY HAVE TO START !
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Run a marathon in June, from being a non runner and before my 60th. Then reach my goal weight, 23 kilos down 7 more to go!
    Love and enjoy life and be kind to everyone!
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Finally get rid of the weight gain I've had due to illness.
    It's almost like starting over for me, but I've done it before I can do it again.
    So just some short term goals for me.
    And we'llsee what 2014 brings x x
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Get to around 11-13% body fat. I'm somewhere between 16-18% based on skinfold measurements. I don't expect that will be all too difficult to achieve, but learning to maintain will be the trick.

I really want to be able to run sometime in the next year. Based on my previous attempt, which left me unable to walk due to an inflamed achilles tendon, I'm pretty sure this will be a difficult goal to achieve. I'll need to figure out how to strengthen my legs and/or learn to run correctly so that my achilles won't be injured.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    get to the point where I don't need to count every day and maintain
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Be able to do more body weight sets/reps, run longer distances regularly(15k+) during the week and get into the 80kg weight category by xmas or mid year 2014

Ultimate goal and maybe party trick hehe, would be to become strong enough to do several crucifix push ups like Tee Major Fitness, on the floor using the tips of my fingers.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Continue recomp to reduce body fat percentage, no particular target just gradual progress.

VO2 max improvement to get me in the excellent range for someone 20 years younger.

Bench press bodyweight x 1.5

Cycling 20 miles in an hour.

Complete a big cycling event - thinking about London-Paris at the moment.