Turbo Jam 8/24

Options
124»

Replies

• allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was bad today and didn't work out. However, even with the not-so great food I had today I was still at the calorie goal which was nice. I ordered TurboFire last night, off ebay.. If you get it from the website, it's about $150 betwee the payments and $24.95 shipping. I found it on ebay for $80, free shipping, so can't beat that! I kept watching the ads for it, and was getting so excited. I think it's really going to kick my butt, but if at the end my body looks even remotely as good as these people, then it'll def be worth it.
  • carlita231
    Options
    Allie - that's a great deal for Turbo Fire. I will definitely have to keep my eyes posted on Ebay for such a good deal. I'm not ready yet for Turbo Fire, but would love to have it for when I am ready!

Didn't actually TJ today..but I did go walking for 4 miles..I try to shake things up a bit..TJ will be back on my schedule tomorrow..might try Cardio Party 2..haven't tried that one yet...
  • allie7383
    Options
    I got back into TJ today and did Ab Jam and the 20 min. CP2 is good. I like it more than the first CP. I think I'll be doing that tomorrow, aaaaaand trying it with the weighted gloves lol. I was a little plateau-ed for the past week, and the other day I did the punch and kick workout with the gloves and the next day I had lost! Try it!

that's great with the walking though. you def need to give yourself a break and switch it up. there's a nice park by me, and once around the whole thing is 2 miles. now that i've actually started jogging, it's easier to get 2 laps done lol.
  • carlita231
    Options
    Have you tried the Lower Body Jam? I did that this afternoon..its amazing how it really works out your legs! Haven't tried the Punch and Kick work out yet, maybe I will add that to my schedule for this week.

Would love to start jogging, don't have that in me yet, but hope to be at that point some day soon!
  • allie7383
    Options
    no i haven't tried that one yet, maybe tomorrow! today i did CP3, with the gloves. she's got them on in the video as well. some parts i liked, other combos i thought were a little awkward, though maybe after a few times through it it'll be better. i really liked the turbo section in this one, but i felt like i didn't do half of it b/c i didn't know what was coming next and spent half of it watching them do it haha.

carlita, i'd suggest getting a leslie sansone power-walking dvd.. there's a 5 mile one in which you do "gentle jogging" for 2 minutes at the end of every mile. it's a great workout and good way to get started with the jogging i think. :smile:
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    ok, confession: i have the turbo jam set and am not coordinated at all. i only tried it once and gave up. should i keep trying. i mean, i really have to look at the tv and follow every step or i get off track, lol! i am not a dancer and just have no rhythm at all. what should i do?
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello

I had a great weekend away and back to TJ tomorrow. Maroon58 just stay with it. I have done the Learn and Burn DVD about 3 times before I started. And I paused after every move was explained and repeated it. And once you have started the workouts you will get better and better at it. And even if you don't do the moves perfectly you are still moving and burning calories and you will get better with time....For me that is part of why i like it as i want to master the moves better and better....
    hope that helps....

:smile:
  • allie7383
    Options
    Agreed!! def stick with it maroon..i was a dancer for 15 years, and when i did learn and burn, i couldn't get the twist to save my life lol. i figured i'd try to do the opposite as her, so i'l be on the same foot, but that quickly failed so i do the mirror image. i think the workouts are def awkward the first couple times through, until you've done them enough to kinda know what's coming next, so you can be ready to position yourself correctly for the combos. i did CP3 again today, and before starting the workout i had to watch the turbo section by itself just to get the moves...and then when i actually did it i was still kinda scrambling around to get to the next move lol.... Stick with it!!! it will def get easier the more you do it..
  • carlita231
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Feeling really good right now, just completed the entire Punch Kick and Jam for the first time.. Whew..I feel awesome right now! I absolutely love the motivation and how I feel afterwards!

Allie - will definitely look into the Power Walking DVD.. I would love to start jogging, but my right knee occasionally bothers me, so I want to ease into it, so I don't injure it.

So how is everyone doing this week?
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hi

Oh it happened again. I am on holidays home with my family and it is so hard to keep up the work while I am here. And on top of that i developed a cold and was in bed the past 3 days! SO exercising and no diet :cry:

I feel quite awful about it but I am trying not to be too hard on myself. I feel like I gained all I have lost.

So as I am fine ok I decided from tomorrow I am back to exercising and I will try to diet as well as I can. Now I will do the 10 day kickstart. I need that now. I hope I can do it. I might have to miss one day though as I will be flying back to the UK on Thursday and I think I might not feel like doing anything then...

Wish me luck that I can do it and that I will lose the weight again!

I hope you are well!

Daisy
  • carlita231
    Options
    Daisy, good luck! I'm sure that you will have no problem jumping back into the routine of things! Being sick is definitely no fun, but hopefully you enjoyed spending the time with your family!

Don't be too hard on yourself! You'll be back on track in no time!

Hope you are feeling better!
  • allie7383
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Sorry I've been MIA for a while, got distracted by being off work. How is everyone doing with TJ? Hope you're feeling better Daisy! I came down with something the other day, though I think it's due to the weather changing, and all the humidity still hanging in the air. The past week my eating has def not been the greatest, though i've been trying to get a workout in to hopefully compensate a bit. By monday morning the scale said i had gained 4 lbs, but after working out that day, and weighing in again tues morning, it was back down 3 lbs, which was nice to see...
    I got my TurboFire last week, and will officially be starting it Oct 1st.. It looks very intense, and I tried to do a workout the other day, a few hours after doing the TJ 20 min workout, and wow was that a bad idea lol. I was so drained afterwards, and felt like I wasn't going to make it thru the workout. ugh! Yeah that was a mistake lol. I was able to lose about 6 lbs in a month of doing TJ, and i think if i ate better in general, i prob would have lost a bit more. here's hoping a month of TF will produce results!!
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Hello

Thanks for the "get well" messages :smile:

I had a lovely time home! And I did manage to get back into it pretty easy. Now I have done 4 days of the 10 day challenge! I really like Turbo Sculpt! I think it's great. I am happy I liked it as in the begnning of the next year I will do ChaLEAN Extreme and thought it might have similarities.

I haven't weight myself yet as I think I have put weight on while at home. So I will weigh till next Wednesday (wich is my weight in day) and see how it is then. I hope that by doing the 10 day kickstart routine I will be at my last recorded weight or hoepfully a little down. We'll see...

Alli please report back how you are getting on with Turbo Fire. I am very curious. It is not available in the UK but that might change. Would like to try it one day!

I hope you are all well Ladies!

Take care

Daisy
  • allie7383
    Options
    Well I'm 2 days into TF, and so far loving it.. it's def intense, esp the HIIT workouts. i did my first one today, which was about 15 min, and by the end i had to go to low impact b/c i was just completely worn out. i don't know if it's how i'm sitting at work now or what, but my back is sore and so are the backs of my thighs, so i'm glad today is my rest day. hope everyone's doing well!