Men vs. Women Effort in loosing weight

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    I think it's easier for men to lose fat, than it is for women, because men naturally have more muscle mass. It takes a long time for a guy to build that kind of muscle in that pic though. Women can usually lose weight and look good without building muscle though.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Second place spelling team at the state level!
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Harder for women. If we want to wear a bikini on the beach we feel like we need to have a good body. Men can have a real fatty stomach, wear boardshorts, hardly anyone cares.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Harder for women. If we want to wear a bikini on the beach we feel like we need to have a good body. Men can have a real fatty stomach, wear boardshorts, hardly anyone cares.

That's kind of a different issue. It may be more socially acceptable for a man to be out of shape, but the title of the pic talks about effort required to "look good."
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member

That's kind of a different issue. It may be more socially acceptable for a man to be out of shape, but the title of the pic talks about effort required to "look good."

True

And to think men aren't self concious about being fat on the beach is silly
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

Men seem to keep quiet about their body issues while women are very vocal about theirs. So I think it comes across as men not caring as much.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Yes, in the "amount of work required to look good" category, women clearly have it easier than men.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :huh:
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Absolutely backwards. My husband can "give up soda" and drop twenty five pounds in a month without even trying. he's taller, he gets more calories, he has more muscle mass, he has more testosterone, every single thing is in the male's favor for cutting fat and building muscle. I have to be way more strict and care a lot more about macros to keep losing weight.
  • jonnythan
    Absolutely backwards. My husband can "give up soda" and drop twenty five pounds in a month without even trying. he's taller, he gets more calories, he has more muscle mass, he has more testosterone, every single thing is in the male's favor for cutting fat and building muscle. I have to be way more strict and care a lot more about macros to keep losing weight.

Not so much. A calorie deficit is a calorie deficit. He may have a higher TDEE than you, but the mechanics are the same.
  • Fullsterkur_woman

Not so much. A calorie deficit is a calorie deficit. He may have a higher TDEE than you, but the mechanics are the same.
    So, you're saying he *doesn't* have an advantage in adding lean mass? Ergo, a higher TDEE? :huh:
  • jonnythan

So, you're saying he *doesn't* have an advantage in adding lean mass? Ergo, a higher TDEE? :huh:

I'm saying that he doesn't have an easier time creating a calorie deficit. He'll get the same effects cutting out 500 calories a day that she will.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    meh. gud speling is overaded. :ohwell:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    In to find the spelling bee champs

<<<Third grade. Still trying to decide whether to spend that $50 gift certificate on Lego or comic books.

Whuh?! I got a giant Hershey's bar. Spelling Bee made me fat! :sad:
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    It's about the same for men and women to "Loose" weight. I'm not to sure about losing weight though.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    In to find the spelling bee champs

::kicks ground:: wasn't a champ..........

However, I am in because there are 3 other "loosing weight" current threads. It's contagious...........
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    :sad: its effing un fair, weight falls off my husband with out him trying and i have to diet and bust my butt at a gym just to lose a few lbs:sad:
  • Fullsterkur_woman

I'm saying that he doesn't have an easier time creating a calorie deficit. He'll get the same effects cutting out 500 calories a day that she will.
    Yes, but then no. A pound is a pound is a pound, but I can *easily* eat as much food as my husband can, and he's got a ton more lean mass to burn off those kcals. I don't think our stomachs are smaller proportional to our LBM. Hopefully evolution is working on that problem now! :laugh:

Then again, a dude, being generally larger, will have to realize more pounds lost before it shows up too much (contrariwise, he'll be able to gain more pounds before that starts to show too). Well, that one's kind of a wash...
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    should I be excited I'm the only spelling bee champ in this thread?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    It's about the same for men and women to "Loose" weight. I'm not to sure about losing weight though.
    trebuchet_copy.jpg

MooooOOOooooo!!!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    should I be excited I'm the only spelling bee champ in this thread?
    I dunno, can you spell the name of the siege engine I just posted a pic of? :laugh: