help need to lose 20 pounds in 2 months is it possible?

Options
Tanicax2
Tanicax2 Posts: 28 Member
I am attending a concert in 2 months and really would like to lose 20 pounds prior to going? how many carbs and calories should i eat to achieve this goal ?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    OH my goodness. Came into this expecting boot camp for the military.

Pretty sure you don't need to lose 20 lb to attend a concert.

Depending on your current weight this could be possible. If you're not obese then probably not a good idea to lose 20 lb that quickly, though.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    While not completely impossible, this is probably a very unrealistic goal. 2lbs per week is considered pretty aggressive weight loss and you would need to lose more than that each week to reach your goal. Add to that the fact that it is usually harder/slower for someone with 20lbs or less to weight than it is for someone who is heavier and the fact that weight loss isn't linear, so even under the best of circumstances you might have weeks where you lose less than usual or nothing at all.

You can definitely lose a good portion of that weight if you are strict with your diet and dedicated, but I wouldn't expect to lose all of it. Just out of curiosity, why the goal of this particular concert? Would hitting your goal 2-4 weeks later really be that bad?
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It's definitely possible! I usually lose 10 lbs per month if I don't slack off.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Are you going to get murdered if you don't lose these 20 lbs for the concert? Is the band holding your granny hostage and if you don't lose the weight, they're going to kill her Saw-style?

Kidding aside, I think you need a more realistic goal.
  • sanandresisland
    Options
    I hope so for that is my goal as well....good luck to you:smile:
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It will be pretty hard if you aren't really overweight, as really overweight people lose quite a lot of weight fast at the beginning. You can do it but it's going to be hard and you won't have many calories to eat. Try it for 3 months instead, that will be easier.
  • AprilLizbethWire
    AprilLizbethWire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet 5 inches and I was 157.8 when I started trying to lose weight 71 days ago. During that time I started doing 20 to 30 minutes of cardio every day and then about 30 days in I drastically changed my diet to Plant Based. I worked hard every day, and I didn't eat over my calories except for on Thanksgiving and on my birthday (which was Saturday). With all that, I'm just now at 19.8 pounds lost. 60 days in I think I was right at 17 pounds - ish?

If you work really hard I think you might be able to do it. Two months is roughly 60 days - right? You'll just have to be super diligent. If you lose two pounds a week that's roughly 16 pounds - and that's better than nothing!
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet 5 inches and I was 157.8 when I started trying to lose weight 71 days ago. During that time I started doing 20 to 30 minutes of cardio every day and then about 30 days in I drastically changed my diet to Plant Based. I worked hard every day, and I didn't eat over my calories except for on Thanksgiving and on my birthday (which was Saturday). With all that, I'm just now at 19.8 pounds lost. 60 days in I think I was right at 17 pounds - ish?

If you work really hard I think you might be able to do it. Two months is roughly 60 days - right? You'll just have to be super diligent. If you lose two pounds a week that's roughly 16 pounds - and that's better than nothing!

This ^^^
  • Tanicax2
    Options
    I am obese 5'4 221lbs
    OH my goodness. Came into this expecting boot camp for the military.

Pretty sure you don't need to lose 20 lb to attend a concert.

Depending on your current weight this could be possible. If you're not obese then probably not a good idea to lose 20 lb that quickly, though.
  • Tanicax2
    Options
    not at all but that was just the next big event i was attending, i need to lose 70 pounds total so i want my goal to be 20 pounds before feb 13.
  • Tanicax2
    Options
    no that is just a goal i was holding for myself. currently 221lbs 5'4. i need to lose 70lbs total i was just making that my next goal weight since i am attending anyway :)
  • Tanicax2
    Options
    yes better then nothing thank you!

This ^^^
  • Tanicax2
    Options
    not at all but that was just the next big event i was attending, i need to lose 70 pounds total so i want my goal to be 20 pounds before feb 13.

While not completely impossible, this is probably a very unrealistic goal. 2lbs per week is considered pretty aggressive weight loss and you would need to lose more than that each week to reach your goal. Add to that the fact that it is usually harder/slower for someone with 20lbs or less to weight than it is for someone who is heavier and the fact that weight loss isn't linear, so even under the best of circumstances you might have weeks where you lose less than usual or nothing at all.

You can definitely lose a good portion of that weight if you are strict with your diet and dedicated, but I wouldn't expect to lose all of it. Just out of curiosity, why the goal of this particular concert? Would hitting your goal 2-4 weeks later really be that bad?
  • Tanicax2
    Options
    thank you!

I hope so for that is my goal as well....good luck to you:smile:
  • Tanicax2
    Options
    no that is just a goal i was holding for myself. currently 221lbs 5'4. i need to lose 70lbs total i was just making that my next goal weight since i am attending anyway :)
    Are you going to get murdered if you don't lose these 20 lbs for the concert? Is the band holding your granny hostage and if you don't lose the weight, they're going to kill her Saw-style?

Kidding aside, I think you need a more realistic goal.
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs in 2 months, I burned 500 cals a day at 1400 filled up on loads of fruits and veggies and eggs and turkey.
    I did 30 day shred about 200 cals a per 20 min work out and burned the rest by walking / eliptical.

Its doable but its HARD work!

I was 167 and went to exactly 147
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    20 lbs is hard but with the right diet and eating goal you can do it,
  • aNewMiniMe
    aNewMiniMe Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    For your height and weight it is possible to loss that much, however it will be incredibly hard work. Everyone responds different to intake and exercise but you will most likely need to burn 400-500 calories per day in order to lose that much weight. That's about 60 mins on the elliptical or 90 mins of walking at 4 mph for me. If you keep your calorie intake between 1200 and 1400 per day you should be able to do it. I think that having a goal such as this is fantastic! My only concern is that you will give up if you only lose 10 pounds in that time. It has taken me a VERY LONG time to lose my weight. I averaged 1/2 lb. loss per week. That's only 2.5 in a month! So for me I was only able to lose 5 pounds in 2 months. Still 5 pounds gone is better than 5 pounds gained!
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It is possible. I was only one pound lighter then you when I started. And the exact same height. I lost right around 20 lbs the first month. Granted most was water weight. Good luck.
  • manny1991
    manny1991 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs in 2 months, I burned 500 cals a day at 1400 filled up on loads of fruits and veggies and eggs and turkey.
    I did 30 day shred about 200 cals a per 20 min work out and burned the rest by walking / eliptical.

Its doable but its HARD work!

I was 167 and went to exactly 147

^This.
    Today has officialy been two months since i started being serious and logging eveyday and I have lost 21 lbs. I usually net 1400 cals and am on day 26 of the 30 day shred. SW 185 CW 164, 5'2".