What was the last book you read?

Options

Replies

• Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    So many good books mentioned in this thread! :D

I just started The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Domique Bauby after finishing the 1Q84 series by Haruki Murakami.
  • joshthomas77
    Options
    Primal Blueprint - Mark Sisson.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I just finished this up last week:

8442457.jpg

I really liked it.
  • nygiants1313
    Options
    THE ALCHEMIST....by Paulo Coelho
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I love to read! Lol the last book I read was called here after by Tara Hudson and I'm currently reading dead hungry by Louis Arata...if anyone is on goodreads add me as a friend!! At RedRita2
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Definitely my thread. I have two four foot bookcases in my closet, one of unread books, one "read and I'm not getting rid of" books. I have a series of books I read as a kid, my parents used to buy me one or two for my good report cards. Never getting rid of those. I now am a huge fan of my Kindle. :heart: I'm at the age of reading glasses and they give me a headache so my reading suffered the past few years. The Kindle with the adjustable font and backlight makes it easier to read. If my house ever went up in flames, it'd be one of the things I grab as I flee. I do a book challenge on Goodreads and I beat the number I set for this year a month or two ago. Last year I didn't make the same number.

Doing a lot of mystery/action/romance combos lately. One series I recently and sadly finished was about a family called Bombay who have been assassins throughout history. Quick reads, funny, romance, danger. Found the first one on one of Amazon's emails about free books. Leslie Langtry is the author if anyone is interested. I also take advantage of my Amazon Prime membership and am reading a free book each month, currently enjoying a mystery series.

If the idiots at work would hurry up with this meeting I'm teleconferencing, I could go finish my book.
  • Warrior_Butterfly
    Options
    Elf on a shelf to my niece but me Great Expectations
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    "Is Heaven for Real?" 3/5 stars
  • catnipburrito
    Options
    'Starter for Ten' by David Nicholls
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Freedom by Jonathan Franzen. Meh. I didn't finish it because it was boring.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
  • mostafaaaaaaa
    mostafaaaaaaa Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Lawrence in Arabia by Scott Anderson
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Recently finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and still deciding what to start next. I don't have a ton of time to read so I get a little annoyed when I waste my time on a book that is just so-so.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Up Country by Nelson DeMille. He's one of my favorite authors. And yes - I still read. Life without books ::: shudder :::
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Ender's Game. I'm now reading the 1st book in the Game of Thrones series.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Sense of an Ending by Julien Barnes. I'm reading the Bookman's Tale right now -very, very good!!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    "The MacGregors: Alan & Grant" by Nora Roberts, for the trillionth (maybe a tiny exaggeration) time :smile: I'm into cheesy romance novels!
    Sounds like some good books. Who has a book collection? Not 2 books but a book stand or shelve full of books?

I have two bookcases, each has 3 shelves which hold double rows of books, plus the one has a huge chest at the bottom which is stuffed with about 200 books :laugh: I think I might be a book-hoarder.

Oh, I like Nora Roberts a lot. Did you read her Inn Boonsboro series?
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Class: A guide Through the American Status System by Paul Fussell

Pretty hilarious observation of traits and behaviors of different social classes in USA

I love that book, which I read many years ago. Do you have the tiny paperback edition with the black cover?

Trying to stay firmly in Class X.

Another Fussell book I loved was "The Great War and Modern Memory."
  • jackspillane1
    Options
    Ishmael by Brian Quinn and The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot. I read them both at the same time.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Coreyography