Toning

Options

Replies

• jessikerz07
    jessikerz07 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A firming cream...Don't act like you haven't heard of this stuff..

Actually, I've heard of firming cream but not TONING cream. So I was with Dav on the :huh: There is a difference between firming/skin tightening creams and toning creams. Maybe instead of being snotty, you'd realize that people aren't mind readers and will automatically know what you mean.

And here's a link you might want to review:

http://www.burnthefat.com/loose_skin.html
    excuse me for acting snotty when I am getting treated like an idiot..
    Thanks for the link

???
    get over yourself..
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

You might, but that's what you need to do to gain appreciable muscle. You don't gain appreciable muscle an lose fat at the same time unless you're morbidly obese. What you are seeing is the muscles that were under the fat on your body. Make sure you're lifting heavy, and as the fat is burned the more muscle definition you'll see.

As stated before as well, it can take time for loose skin to catch up with your weightloss.
    Thanks again for your advice :)

NP, I just re-read that and can tell I was trying to eat lunch at the same time...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Actually, I've heard of firming cream but not TONING cream. So I was with Dav on the :huh: There is a difference between firming/skin tightening creams and toning creams. Maybe instead of being snotty, you'd realize that people aren't mind readers and will automatically know what you mean.

Thanks for the link

???
    get over yourself..

Umm...I don't get it. She's questioning something. Why do you feel so aggressive over question marks?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link

???
    get over yourself..

huh?? im just trying to understand you..wow do you talk to people like this offline. im sick of internet bullies.
  • jessikerz07
    Options

Thanks for the link

???
    get over yourself..

Umm...I don't get it. She's questioning something. Why do you feel so aggressive over question marks?
    Probably because everything I am saying is questioned for no reason?
    I don't understand why everyone has been so rude and then when I get rude back I am the bad person.
    Everyone that has been sarcastic this whole time was probably more than qualified to give me valuble advice instead of smart comments. A little frustrating wouldn't you say? Imagine yourself in my shoes..how would you react to all these crappy comments?
  • jessikerz07
    Options

Thanks for the link

???
    get over yourself..

huh?? im just trying to understand you..wow do you talk to people like this offline. im sick of internet bullies.
    Im not trying to be a bully, it is just so frustrating that I wanted avice and everyone has to make a game out of this. All of these people are more than qualified to actually help me, instead they have all been rude all day..it's sad really. I am sorry if I have offended/upset anyone..I am just burned out by everyone's responses to my question today..
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link

???
    get over yourself..

Im not trying to be a bully, it is just so frustrating that I wanted avice and everyone has to make a game out of this. All of these people are more than qualified to actually help me, instead they have all been rude all day..it's sad really. I am sorry if I have offended/upset anyone..I am just burned out by everyone's responses to my question today..

did posts get deleted?? i dont see any rude ones but yours so thats why i was confused!! that would make cents then
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you want a cream that is good for the skin (but obviously won't "tone" you) look for CoQ10, shea butter and anything that will improve the elasticity of your skin. Do some googling and research. You'll likely pay a considerable amount for anything with good ingredients. I'm a formulator myself and most of what you'll find out there is crap. Best bet, learn how to make lotions yourself and add in ingredients that will help with skin elasticity. Other than that, time and keep pumping the iron.

Yep, good advice. You might just be losing elasticity (so something natural with Vit E, anti-oxidants )+ besides massage stimulates circulation. Can't hurt. Sorry if you have found some response unpleasant: not everyone can relate, it's easier for some. Not wanting to get into the firm/tone debate. But I do consider getting rid of "flabby" areas part of fitness, so right forum in my point of view, not the right crowd or bad timing maybe?.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    It's just the topic and a few keywords, really. Don't worry about it :) If you stumble onto certain subjects naively, you'll get skewered. But you'll live, lol!

Really, don't bother about the reaction :) Make a miracle cream joke and join the fun, maybe :D
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Thanks for the link

???
    get over yourself..

I don't understand why everyone has been so rude and then when I get rude back I am the bad person.
    Everyone that has been sarcastic this whole time was probably more than qualified to give me valuble advice instead of smart comments. A little frustrating wouldn't you say? Imagine yourself in my shoes..how would you react to all these crappy comments?

I don't really see anyone being rude. What I see is you taking things very personally and jumping on anyone that slightly disagrees or just questions you. If I were in your shoes, instead of jumping on the first person to question what toning cream is, I'd have tried to explain it. I'd also be open to the idea that I may be in the wrong mindset or have the wrong perceptions as to what I'm really looking for in a cream and that when so many people say, "don't waste your time or money", that I'd consider maybe they're on to something.

The only reason it is frustrating is because you let it be frustrating, especially because people are telling you what you need to hear, but don't want to hear.
  • jessikerz07
    Options
    If you want a cream that is good for the skin (but obviously won't "tone" you) look for CoQ10, shea butter and anything that will improve the elasticity of your skin. Do some googling and research. You'll likely pay a considerable amount for anything with good ingredients. I'm a formulator myself and most of what you'll find out there is crap. Best bet, learn how to make lotions yourself and add in ingredients that will help with skin elasticity. Other than that, time and keep pumping the iron.

Yep, good advice. You might just be losing elasticity (so something natural with Vit E, anti-oxidants )+ besides massage stimulates circulation. Can't hurt. Sorry if you have found some response unpleasant: not everyone can relate, it's easier for some. Not wanting to get into the firm/tone debate. But I do consider getting rid of "flabby" areas part of fitness, so right forum in my point of view, not the right crowd or bad timing maybe?.
    Thank you for your post :)
    Not sure what the problem was with me posting this haha
    But I really do appreciate your kind words, like you I too agree it is part of fitness.
  • jessikerz07
    Options

Thanks for the link

???
    get over yourself..

I don't really see anyone being rude. What I see is you taking things very personally and jumping on anyone that slightly disagrees or just questions you. If I were in your shoes, instead of jumping on the first person to question what toning cream is, I'd have tried to explain it. I'd also be open to the idea that I may be in the wrong mindset or have the wrong perceptions as to what I'm really looking for in a cream and that when so many people say, "don't waste your time or money", that I'd consider maybe they're on to something.

The only reason it is frustrating is because you let it be frustrating, especially because people are telling you what you need to hear, but don't want to hear.
    I am 100% ok with there not being a toning/firming cream that is worth the money.
    I asked because there is so much talk about it on tv I wanted to know if it actually works.
    Thanks for your take on the posts :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Snake oil. Your best bet is to drink lots of water and do heavy compound lifts like squats, deads, some sort of clean, and pull-ups.

Rigger

^ This
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    oh and in...for the cream
  • jessikerz07
    Options
    Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my thread.
    I now know not to spend money on a firming/toning cream:tongue:
    I will continue to work hard at the gym and see the results.
    I do see where I have taken things personally, so I am sorry if I offended anyone!!:flowerforyou:
    Thanks again
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone is perfectly clear...

...I am *not* qualified to answer this question.

(Didn't want there to be any confusion.)

ETA: I've noticed that extreme calorie deficits make people irritable and cranky. OP, what is your daily calorie deficit? (No, seriously...no snark...I mean this sincerely. It's worth considering.)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    You all are jut so encouraging...let me clarify for you all...
    I workout almost everyday, lift weights, tone and cardio..I am not one of those people who sit on my *kitten* all day and expect a miracle cream! If none if the creams work then great..that's all that should have been said. I don't understand why there needs to be so much sarcasm on theses threads...people post for advice not to have smart comments..

They don't work....if there was something that simple I would have found it already. Keep on doing what you're doing and you'll see changes over time.
  • jessikerz07
    Options
    Just so everyone is perfectly clear...

...I am *not* qualified to answer this question.

(Didn't want there to be any confusion.)

ETA: I've noticed that extreme calorie deficits make people irritable and cranky. OP, what is your daily calorie deficit? (No, seriously...no snark...I mean this sincerely. It's worth considering.)
    about 200-500 depending on the day and if I went to the gym or not
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ABOLENE CREAM AND PLASTIC WRAP OR WAIST TRIMMERS CAN BY AT WALMART REALLY CHEAP FORCES OUT WATER WEIGHT AND CELLULITE AND WORK OUT HARD WITH SWEATS ON
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    ABOLENE CREAM AND PLASTIC WRAP OR WAIST TRIMMERS CAN BY AT WALMART REALLY CHEAP FORCES OUT WATER WEIGHT AND CELLULITE AND WORK OUT HARD WITH SWEATS ON

:indifferent: