Xbox Fitness

Was wondering if anyone else out here is using XBOX One Fitness as one of their workout tools? Completely hooked on all the different programs on there, especially the MOSSA line.

If anyone is using it and would like to add a friend, my gamertag is moonturko

Replies

• ptxfan
    ptxfan Posts: 48 Member
    Hi! I've got Xbox One Fitness.. What is MOSSA? i've just been using the 10 minute solution videos... ;)
  • ptxfan
    ptxfan Posts: 48 Member
    Was wondering if anyone else out here is using XBOX One Fitness as one of their workout tools? Completely hooked on all the different programs on there, especially the MOSSA line.

If anyone is using it and would like to add a friend, my gamertag is moonturko

please feel free to add my gamer tag = OrangePilya
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    I enjoy mixing up my treadmill workouts with Xbox Kinect games. Extremely uncoordinated Zumba lover here. :blushing:

Wasn't sure what MOSSA is either but I Googled it and it appears to be associated with Xbox One which is why us poor schmucks haven't heard of it yet. :wink:
  • moonturk
    moonturk Posts: 14 Member
    MOSSA is one of the many workouts on Xbox One. They have 5 in total now, Fight which in line with cardio kickboxing I guess then they have 2 Core workout and 2 Strength workouts. They will also be coming out with more in the new year.

They are all 30 minutes and the instructors are great.

My wife loves the Jillian Micheals stuff. I've use the 10 minute workouts too, usually tack them on after 30 minute workouts.
  • Dubble_A
    Dubble_A Posts: 120
    I'm about to start using Xbox Fitness too, feel free to add me as well. My user name is Dubble81
  • DitchThis
    DitchThis Posts: 24 Member
    Add me! Just got xbox one and am starting xbox fitness.

RacierBooch
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Mossa is the new name for BTS (body training systems) which is a group fitness company that appears in many gyms as group power, group step (now blast), group active, group centergy, group core, group groove and group kick. They changed their name when they announced their partnership with xboxone. It is somewhat similar to Les Mills but better(I am biased- I am a participant not an instructor). They have changed their name a few times. They were the ones who introduced The STEP

http://www.bodytrainingsystems.com/bts-index.htm from their website:

ABOUT US

MOSSA, also known as Body Training Systems in the US and Canada, has a long and storied history of inspiring millions of people to MOVE with health club ownership in the 70’s and 80’s, with the introduction of The Original STEP that launched the step fitness craze in 90’s, and today with professionally developed group fitness programs for health clubs worldwide.

MOSSA is honored to be selected Best In Class by Microsoft to provide workouts on Xbox One’s new online service, Xbox Fitness. Consumers can now experience the MOSSA workouts with instant, personalized feedback, right in their home. Xbox Fitness will optimize every workout with immediate feedback on form, power, and heart rate with the all-new Kinect, featuring Muscle Mapping, Power Gauge, and Pulse. Xbox Fitness technology combined with MOSSA’s programming expertise make these the most ideal home user workout experiences.

MOSSA is the most respected developer of professional, high quality, enjoyable group fitness workouts in the health club industry today. Spearheaded by Cathy Spencer-Browning, VP of Programing and Training, MOSSA has the most comprehensive and thorough Program Development process. Over 300 hours are poured into each and every workout to ensure the participants’ enjoyment and success. This includes an unsurpassed, methodical Testing Phase that consists of 150 test classes for just one workout. This Testing Phase guarantees the programming of music and exercise is motivational, safe, and effective. With the diligent work of the MOSSA Program Development team and SAIFAM, their exclusive music supplier, to customize and engineer music, MOSSA has the best music to motivate participants in their workouts.

MOSSA offers nine professional group fitness programs for health clubs called Group Active, Group Blast, Group Centergy, Group Core, Group Groove, Group Kick, Group Power, Group Ride, and R30. MOSSA now offers four professional home workouts for Xbox Fitness, only on Xbox One, called MOSSA Core Workout, MOSSA Fight Workout, MOSSA Groove Workout, and MOSSA Power Workout. MOSSA is working closely with the Xbox Fitness team to launch more programs in the near future.
  • STLCajun
    STLCajun Posts: 1 Member
    Going to be starting up tonight - STLCajun if anyone wants to friend me.

Anyone have recommendations of workouts for out of shape beginners on XBox One Fitness? Would love to give P90X and Insanity a try, but I know there's no way I'll get through a single session.
  • I think I saw it mentioned elsewhere on the board, but it would be most excellent if Xbox could figure out how to feed your workout results into MyFitnessPal (and FitBit while they are at it ;-) as that would complete an otherwise excellent program.

Oh, andy while they are at it, I would also love to see some yoga sessions as well as the great workout sessions.

:-)

Andy
  • I have added all of you, add me back XBL: SMOKE U FOOLS:smile:
  • DeoneW
    DeoneW Posts: 1
    Hello all, I do not have the xbox one fitness, but i do have the xbox Mi Coach and Dance Central; and I also have Billy Blanks: Cardio Sculpt, so those will be what I will be using until I upgrade myself to the new xbox one. My routines are to at least use any 2 programs daily with the help of dieting and plenty of walking to/from work. I refuse to pay for a gym when I live in NYC, where there is plenty to do, any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. HAPPY NEW YEAR!:happy:
  • I can tell you that I used Dance Central and the Yourshape's, and Nike + Kinect on the original Xbox, and this new stuff puts all of that to shame:)
  • moonturk
    moonturk Posts: 14 Member
    I can tell you that I used Dance Central and the Yourshape's, and Nike + Kinect on the original Xbox, and this new stuff puts all of that to shame:)

I agree. They are still great tools though. But I've gone back to YourShape 2012 after getting Xbox Fitness and I was bored and definitely not as engaged.
  • im not willing to waste more money on microsoft but i have nike training, yourshape fitness evolves, zumba etc and they are so much fun even though im useless at zumba. I also have kinect adventures which is also quite good for exercise if you play it non stop like i sometimes do.
  • jimboodee2
    jimboodee2 Posts: 26 Member
    Just tried mossa fight loved it but kicked me out half way through to my main Xbox page and does not let me resume workout and nothing was recorded. Hope it doesn't happen again :-( any ideas of calories roughly for 15 mins ?
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Bump
  • Hi guys I added all your gamertags, I started beginning of 2014 jan 1st and am absolutely addicted and love it, I do Mossad workout daily and really enjoy it, my gamer tag is Reggieknuckles, I have always done the gym but this is soooo much better, I like to try beat my workout everyday, I'm starting my next workout right now early morning, everyone keep at it and good luck
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    I love the XBOX Fitness program, i already have a bunch of the Jillian Michaels DVDs and wish i wouldn't have to re-buy the programs on Fitness. Lots of great content on Fitness and looking to seeing more roll in.

Add me, my gamertag: "Andy Anxiously"
  • I just completed all the achievements and goals for the Mossa Fight 1 training.... then noticed there's not a Vol 2! Sweet!
    Insanity workouts are a killer but I can make it thought without crying.

Anyone know how to use the Xbox Fitness heart monitor?

I've lost a couple workouts mid-workout because of a glitch or something. Just takes me back to the Xbox One homepage for no reason. Also noticed some depreciation in video quality throughout the workout. It tends to switch from a low-res feed and back to high-res repeatedly, even though I have a very strong internet connection.

These are great workouts, the Kinect tracking is spotty at times but now I keep the room very well lit and it's dead on.

Add me: UltraViolence74
  • bennytheblade97
    bennytheblade97 Posts: 1 Member
    I was wondering about the xbox one heart monitor also? I like the Mossa workouts also.

add me: XTheBladeManX