Sequel better than the original?

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    I find this to be very rare but happened to watch three excellent sequels this week:
    Terminator 2 (by far the best in the series)
    Blade Trinity
    Army of Darkness

Any others?

Shut your mouth.. T1 is the best one.

Says you and maybe 3 other people in the world lol

There is so much more going on and you get the whole romantic aspect. It is genius. And the moment he realizes that he is (will be) John Connar's father.... awesome.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    T-1000 is freakin awesome and everyone loves Arnold more as a hero
  • aafoo
    aafoo Posts: 501 Member
    I think T2 was the best in series!
  • RaggedyPond
    Arnold made the best bad guy. He was turned into a joke in the 2nd one.
  • walleyclan1
    Aafoo that is why I like you better than baby_k
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    T - X is bad *kitten*
  • walleyclan1
    Let's not forget how badass Linda Hamilton is in T2
  • aafoo
    Aafoo that is why I like you better than baby_k

Aasta Lavista Baby!
    Hugs!!
  • RaggedyPond
    43596-doctor-who-i-forgive-you-gif-BW6X.gif
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Yeah, Evil Dead II is better than Army of Darkness.
    Definitely Terminator 2 though, and James Cameron didn't do badly with Aliens either, though I'm not sure if I would say it's better than Alien.
    The Dark Knight.
    Toy Story 3 perhaps.
    Each film in the Before Sunrise trilogy was slightly better than the last, although you have to watch all three in order anyway.
    The Bourne Ultimatum.
    Mad Max 2.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Personally like Evil Dead 2 more than Army of Darkness

Werd. AoD is the "classic" but ED2 was actually the better movie. It was a good combination between a legit horror movie and a campy, comedic attempt. AoD was all cheese by comparison. They are both great but for different reasons. Even the original is awesome, but for completely different reasons.
  • aafoo
    Yeah, Evil Dead II is better than Army of Darkness.
    Definitely Terminator 2 though, and James Cameron didn't do badly with Aliens either, though I'm not sure if I would say it's better than Alien.
    The Dark Knight.
    Toy Story 3 perhaps.
    Each film in the Before Sunrise trilogy was slightly better than the last, although you have to watch all three in order anyway.
    The Bourne Ultimatum.
    Mad Max 2.

Good compilation... Dark Knight was indeed movie of the century!!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Aliens was absolutely better than alien.
  • UnitedBoy83
    UnitedBoy83 Posts: 888 Member

^^^^^^^^ this!!!
  • stt43

^^^^^^^^ this!!!

Nah, they're both about equal in terms of how good they were. They are quite different in terms of what they were trying to get across though, so most people will probably enjoy one of them more than the other depending on their personal taste.
  • stt43
    Resident Evil had sequels better then first part (actually better story line for a zombie movie)
    LOTR part 2 by far the best for me
    Batman Dark Knight (technically a sequel in the batman series if you count the one with The Pinguin as 1)

And i am sure that if i go think for an hour i could come up with a lot more other then some already mentioned

I wouldn't class the LOTR series (or Star Wars trilogies for that matter) as sequels, as it is all one story broken up into chunks. You can't really watch them as stand alone movies as you could with most other sequels, it would be like saying chapter 2 of a book is a sequel to chapter 1. But I guess this could be debated either way.
    The Dark Knight (2008) was a sequel to Batman Begins (2005). The Batman film with the Penguin in was Batman Returns (1992), which was a sequel to Batman (1989). In the case of the latter two films, the sequel was not as good as the first.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    I find this to be very rare but happened to watch three excellent sequels this week:
    Terminator 2 (by far the best in the series)
    Blade Trinity
    Army of Darkness

Any others?

Blade Trintty, great call
  • stt43
    I wouldn't class the LOTR series (or Star Wars trilogies for that matter) as sequels, as it is all one story broken up into chunks. You can't really watch them as stand alone movies as you could with most other sequels, it would be like saying chapter 2 of a book is a sequel to chapter 1. But I guess this could be debated either way.
    The Dark Knight (2008) was a sequel to Batman Begins (2005). The Batman film with the Penguin in was Batman Returns (1992), which was a sequel to Batman (1989). In the case of the latter two films, the sequel was not as good as the first.

Yea it's a matter of opinion on the LOTR, Starwars movies, Harry Potter movies etc...
    For Batman i was so wrong... thanks fro correcting me sir

No worries.
    I would say that the Harry Potter films are all sequels, apart from Deathly Hallows Part 2 which isn't a sequel to Part 1, although the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and Part 2 together are a sequel to the other Harry Potter films.
  • amyfullbrook
    amyfullbrook Posts: 97 Member
    Batman Dark Knight was better than Batman Begins.
    All Harry Potter films are better than the first one.
    Sequel Lord of the Rings films are better than the first, especially Return of the King.
    Preferred the second Fast and Furious to the first...
    Catching Fire is better than Hunger Games in my opinion....

I can't think of anymore!!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Just mentioning these that i don't think were mentioned yet.

"Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan" is infinitely better than "Star Trek: The Motion Picture". In general you can follow the rule: Star Trek(even number) > Star Trek(even number - 1)

Superman II