Around 5ft? What clothes size do you wear?

Options

Replies

• Anxietea13
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and a size 10 from 18. I don't know, I think I could get into an 8, but not a six. Partly because I have wide, feminine hips.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Where in teh world are you? Sizes vary all over the place (and from shop to shop as well, so there's no One True Number)

I'm in the UK, 5'2, 132-135 pounds, and fit a Uk size 10 (usually) easily, some of my things are 8s, and I have some US 4s and 6s.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Where in teh world are you? Sizes vary all over the place (and from shop to shop as well, so there's no One True Number)

I'm in the UK, 5'2, 132-135 pounds, and fit a Uk size 10 (usually) easily, some of my things are 8s, and I have some US 4s and 6s.

I ordered a few things like a pinup couture dress from the UK and it was a size 10 and fit perfectly so I would equate UK 10 to US 6. - Just my view so far
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    5'2 currently weight 183 and I finally fit comfortable in 11/12. I started at a 16. I went to a 13/14 after I lost the first 10lbs. I just started to really fit in an 11/12 so I will likely be here until I lose another 10 pounds.
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I ordered a few things like a pinup couture dress from the UK and it was a size 10 and fit perfectly so I would equate UK 10 to US 6. - Just my view so far

I am from the UK and have been trying to work out the US equivalent to UK sizes - I think you are about right from what I have heard - minus 4 from UK to get US size. I think?!
  • addeatley
    Options
    I travel internationally for work with some frequency. I am 5'4". I consistently wear a size 2 US in both "regular" and petites. I am very lucky because I am right on the line for both. I have found that size 6 UK always fits with a few exceptions where the dress cut I prefer is a little roomy in the waist but still fits my hips perfectly. (I'm a little curvy) :flowerforyou:
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft on the dot and depending on the brand i can wear anything from a 2-6...you know how weird sizes are!!!
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    5'3 and I've started to consistently fit into a 4 on the bottom (occasionally a 6 still), an XS on top (and sometimes that still a bit roomy). I'm about 128 right now if that means anything...but I am all butt/thighs.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Under 5 feet, 102 lbs, pants sizes 2 or 4 petite/short, depending on the style and brand. I never buy anything on line because sizes are not reliable

Edited to add that for tops I am either a small or extra small, preferable petite..
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    5'2" and 155lbs. I'm wearing size 12's right now but I'm going to try on some 10's tomorrow.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5ft tall and I wear a size 14. I'm sure I could wear a 12 if I flattened out my butt....but I love my fat a ss. :happy:
  • rostraqueen
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and currently UK size 12 trousers and 14-16 tops depending on the brand of clothing, but am hoping to get back to what I was last year before I put the weight back on, UK 10 bottoms and 10-12 tops - I was happy with that as it was the slimmest I'd been since I stopped growing (height), I looked in proportion and I felt so much better in myself!
  • Woodsidewoman1
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently am in a size 9. Hopefully smaller by the time I finish C25K
  • xDawnsgrace
    Options
    I'm 5'1", 103 lbs.
    i wear a 0-2. in shirts, small or extra small. :)

ETA: i was 157 at my heaviest, and wore a size 12, and large to extra large shirts.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11, 128lbs, and I can wear anything from a children's size large or extra large ranging to a juniors size large or extra large! Just goes to show that sizes are ridiculous. Most of my jeans are a misses 4 or juniors 5. I have tops in so many different sizes, my main problem is finding anything that accommodates my 30GG chest. I know this looks like a weird bra size to the otherwise uninformed, but the number on your bra size is the band size, which should be the same measurement as your ribcage BENEATH your breasts. Many ladies wear bra sizes that do not correspond with their ribcages, and that's why we complain about "back fat" and "armpit fat" ... Just FYI incase anyone else has this problem!
  • kdixon47
    Options
    I'm about 5'3 and I wear about a size 12-14 (Old Navy jeans fit me best). I'm hoping to be back in a 4 or 6. Large to XL shirts.
  • Animelover20
    Animelover20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 138lbs. I wear size 8 (US). Goal size is 6
  • rebranding101
    Options
    I'm slightly under 5' 1 and I'm currently a 6 in white house black market clothes. I never really look at the nuumber of the clothing size, as they can vary drastically by brand. Women's sizing is a bit of a marketing scheme. Some brands will have their sizes run large, so their 8, might be another manufacture's 10 in an attempt to lure women to buy their clothes b/c they are a smaller size. My closet currently contains sizes from 2-10.

At 98 pounds I was a size 0, 110 pounds about a size 4. So it depends how much weight you are planning to loose.
  • Kaylee_F93
    Options
    I am 5'1. I am 149 pounds and I wear a size 6/7(US) goal size is a size 2/3
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

I'm in the UK - should've explained in the beginning. UK 10 or US 6. Although I weigh quite a lot for someone of my height and clothing size - legs of steel!