Fast food meals high in protein

Options
So Wednesdays are busy for me, as a result dinner is typically fast food since I'm not home and don't have time to do anything else. I'm just wondering what you guys have hurled at you from the drive thru window when you need to get more protein?

Rigger

Replies

• rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Small chili from Wendy's (no cheese or sour cream, no crackers) and an Asiago ranch chicken club, half the bun, grilled chicken. 700 cals and 55gm protein according to the database. You could decrease the cals by skipping the ranch sauce but I don't.
  • sirvivor007
    sirvivor007 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chikfila grilled chicken wraps. 330 cals 33g protien, low carbs, high fiber. Lot of sodium however if that is a problem.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I like McDoubles from McDonalds. 23 grams of protein, maybe not as high as some but definitely a decent amount. Not to mention 390 cals and I get my cheese burger fix :)

(Just for the record, double cheeseburgers are pretty much the same thing, they just have an extra piece of cheese. I figure I can't really taste the difference between 1 piece of cheese and two, so I save the 50 cals and go for the McDouble lol)
  • Peachygirl14
    Options
    Fast food meals often have too many hidden carbs and sugar, even if "high protein"(a lot, synthetic)

A better suggestion is that you cook a lot when you have time and put them in the refrigerator or freezer, then microwave it when you need a quick meal. Often times, processed food have many hidden sugar.

This is what I do.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Fast food meals often have too many hidden carbs and sugar, even if "high protein"(a lot, synthetic)

A better suggestion is that you cook a lot when you have time and put them in the refrigerator or freezer, then microwave it when you need a quick meal. Often times, processed food have many hidden sugar.

This is what I do.

If carbs and sugar were bad for you, this would be a problem. But they arent and Im not sure what you mean by "hidden"?
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    jimmy john's unwich double meat double cheese!

mmmmmmm
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options

This is what I do.

If carbs and sugar were bad for you, this would be a problem. But they arent and Im not sure what you mean by "hidden"?

They are sneaky, sneaky carbs.

I think grilled chicken is available at most fast food places in either sandwich, wrap, or salad form.
  • Peachygirl14
    Options

This is what I do.

Never said that carbs and sugar were bad PER SE. However, most processed food have them in HIGH QUANTITIES. Sugars come in many names and I say hidden, I meant by it's the "sugar name" that most people would not suspect is sugar. A lot of things ending is -ose are kinds of sugar. Lactose for example. Sucrose, Glucose, Fructose, Dextrose are sugars too.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

This is what I do.

No.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    KFC, 8 piece bucket of chicken, no fries. If too high in fat for you then take off the skin. Depending on which pieces come in it, it should be 140-190 grams of protein.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I get a grilled chicken snack wrap from McDonalds without the wrap, or a Chicken grill deluxe from A&W without the bun/with half the bun/without the sauce(depends on how I'm feeling like manipulating things that day). Obviously very low calorie too.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Also, a bowl from Chipotle, or a chicken meal from El Pollo Loco. El Pollo Loco has served me and my laziness and macros well.
  • yolokindagirl
    yolokindagirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I always hit up KFC and get a grilled chicken breast and pair it with a salad from home or grilled veggies I have in the fridge.

If you see my food diary, I probably get KFC grilled chicken breast at least 3x a week for a fast on the go meal lol
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Crazy Bowls & Wraps nearby? The high protein bowl does just what it says on the tin. Just the regular superbowl is very good also.

Cuts a nice balance between fast food and fresh food, too.

ETA : nevermind, just saw you are in Utah. CBW is only in MO, IL and CA. Man, that's a franchise I wouldn't mind spreading to other states. Maybe I need to start one somewhere warm like Florida.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Agreed with the grilled chicken from kfc, sandwich shop with double meat, Wendy's with half bun and chili, chipotle bowl etc from above.

Panda express, particularly the teriyaki chicken with the sauce on the side, but many of the entrees are good if you avoid the breaded ones like orange chicken for at least one of them.

Decent:
    Teriyaki chicken with 1tbs of sauce, orange chicken, and veggie side is 775 cals, 50g protein 36%C/38%F/26%P

Better
    Teriyaki chicken with 1tbs of sauce, Shanghai angus steak, and veggie side is 575 cals, 56g protein 32%C/29%F/39%P

I would also suggest getting a rotisserie chicken, a roll, and a piece of fruit/veggie/avocado at the store and go to town. Use the leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day.

Any teriyaki shop would be good too, but certainly less fast.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

This is what I do.
    This is what I do as well. We make wraps on the weekend.

And yes, for ME added sugars and starchy carbs often lead me to craving more food and then going over on my calories. It's always easier for me to eat at a deficit when I watch WHAT I eat (rather than just the calories). ymmv of course.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    McDonald's grilled chicken patty. 90 cal, 20g protein. You can add them to your order for about two bucks. Best macros and bang for buck.

Panda express teriyaki chicken. 300 cal with sauce and 32g protein. This is my not-so-secret weapon.
  • Peachygirl14
    Options
    Just a question, how many carbs are in these (yknow if it includes dressing, ranches, coatings)?
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    So Wednesdays are busy for me, as a result dinner is typically fast food since I'm not home and don't have time to do anything else. I'm just wondering what you guys have hurled at you from the drive thru window when you need to get more protein?

Rigger

Sushi/Sashimi