kfc grilled chicken breast king of fast food protein

i eat three of them at lunch sometimes lol

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/kfc/grilled-chicken-breast

look at those macros

perfection
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I should get better choices at jack and the box but I love those pathetic flat tacos and egg rolls
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    kfc grilled chicken breast king of fast food protein

i eat three of them at lunch sometimes lol

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/kfc/grilled-chicken-breast

look at those macros

perfection
    Look at that blast of sodium. Three of them is almost the entire US RDA for sodium.
  • djpfarmgirl
    djpfarmgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading these posts. Doc says I need at least 80 grams, preferably 100 grams of protein a day for healing purposes after a very major and difficult surgery. It is hard to get that much when I don't even feel like eating.
  • jtyler83
    jtyler83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Look at that blast of sodium. Three of them is almost the entire US RDA for sodium.

ya it helps it be delicious!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Double cheeseburger if I have a lot of calories to burn. Grilled chicken sandwich if I don't.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Was suprised to find out I could get 3 grilled steak tacos from taco bell and have it fit well:

600 calories
    51g Carbs
    27g Fat
    39g Protein
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

That looks amazing!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    My husband made a Nugget McRibbwich once: shove chicken McNuggets in to a McRibb. Said it was AMAZING and also gave him heart palpitations. He won't eat it again, scared him too much.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Fast food meals often have too many hidden carbs and sugar, even if "high protein"(a lot, synthetic)

A better suggestion is that you cook a lot when you have time and put them in the refrigerator or freezer, then microwave it when you need a quick meal. Often times, processed food have many hidden sugar.

This is what I do.

If carbs and sugar were bad for you, this would be a problem. But they arent and Im not sure what you mean by "hidden"?

Carbs and sugar is bad for you..Thats how you gain weight, fast food carbs are refined carbs..the bad ones.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    kfc
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

This is my route, also. Pretty delicious, if I may say.

ETA: Also good with bacon. Also good with spicy McChickens if they're serving them in your area.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Fast food meals often have too many hidden carbs and sugar, even if "high protein"(a lot, synthetic)

A better suggestion is that you cook a lot when you have time and put them in the refrigerator or freezer, then microwave it when you need a quick meal. Often times, processed food have many hidden sugar.

This is what I do.

If carbs and sugar were bad for you, this would be a problem. But they arent and Im not sure what you mean by "hidden"?

Carbs and sugar is bad for you..Thats how you gain weight, fast food carbs are refined carbs..the bad ones.

What?

If you are getting all your micro and macro nutrients you need from the rest of your diet then there is nothing wrong with refined carbs. If you are eating them and that is what is stopping you from getting your required nutrition (micro and macro nutrients) then they would be bad, unless you are allergic to something in them of course, then always bad for you, not everyone.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    My top places for higher protein fast or faster food:

Chipotle (burrito bowls, barbacoa or chicken for me)
    El Pollo Loco (I usually get a salad with chicken and use the avocado salsa as my dressing)
    KFC (grilled chicken)
    In n Out - protein style cheeseburger
    Jimmy John's Unwich, no mayo (depends on my mood as to which one)

I've also heard that more and more "fast food" places are offering a protein style sandwich, often you have to ask for it for those that cannot have the bread for one reason or another.

And I love the rotisserie chicken idea. Quick, easy and not too bad for you.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

This is what I do.

I'm more curious about what "synthetic" is supposed to mean.
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options

This is what I do.

Synthetic? Hidden? Yeah that is not a good thought.

But more importantly for me in some respects is that yeah, those carbs and sugars are a problem. They might not be for you but for some people that are a very real issue.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat but my friends that do swear by Chipotle burrito bowls. They double the meat of chicken I think for an additional dollar or two and that definitely will up the protein. Chipotle has a nifty calorie calculator on their website if ya wanna do a little research/build your own burrito.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    British battered fish, leave the batter. low calorie, low carb, ................... cod high in potassium what more do you need?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    British battered fish, leave the batter. low calorie, low carb, ................... cod high in potassium what more do you need?
    Battered fish without the batter? So, you mean... Fish?