Good Food Vs Bad

Options
Hey everyone,
I am just starting out and was wondering if anyone could give me some diet tips. I know the basics such as water, but what are good carbs vs bad etc etc, Thanks!!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    There are no "good" or "bad foods... only food. Eat what you want in moderation. Meet your macronutrients.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    There is no good carb or bad carb. Food has no alignment, but if it did, it would be Lawful Neutral.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I am just starting out and was wondering if anyone could give me some diet tips. I know the basics such as water, but what are good carbs vs bad etc etc, Thanks!!

Eat at a deficit and choose a variety of mostly nutritious foods so your body gets what it needs. Otherwise, eat whatever the heck you want.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    broccoli is evil
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    There is no good carb or bad carb. Food has no alignment, but if it did, it would be Lawful Neutral.

LOL
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    broccoli is evil
    Is nooot, lol its yummy
  • sameena2013
    Options
    Anything Brown is good- but wheat means belly fat even whole wheat so eat brown rice not more than half cup one time- have boiled eggs good and fast to cook if you are a working woman and a mom too- lentils again source of protein- veggies again good source of healthy carbs- here is what your meals should look like

2 portion of veggies
    1 portion of carb- brown rice or quinoa half cup cooked
    1 portion of beef or 2 portion of chicken or 2 boiled eggs
    if you have more appetite- make a salad free dressing or soup cabbage or bottle gourd soup as starters
    start your meals with water and one capsule of Garcinia Cambogia it helps in suppressing the appetite too\45 minutes of cardio with strenght trainig plus cardio every alternate day- you would easliy loose 2 pound a week-all the best feel free to add me
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Bad foods are the ones that have gotten slimy or fuzzy from being in the fridge too long. Things tainted with e. coli or poison, and things to which you have an allergy probably belong on that list, too. Anything else should be fair game.

Just count calories and try to get lots of protein and a healthy amount of fat by measuring out foods you love in combination with fresh veggies and whatnot to meet your macro goals.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as good and bad food!!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    cauliflower is evil
    Fixed it for you. :sick:
  • salamagundy
    Options
    Bad foods include trans/hydrogenated fats, sugar, processed/junk foods, GMO foods, animal protein shot full of drugs, antibiotics and hormones...but I guess you already knew this
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    No, no, no. Broccoli and cauliflower are just high spirited and fun loving. Lima beans, on the other hand, are pure evil.
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    No, no, no. Broccoli and cauliflower are just high spirited and fun loving. Lima beans, on the other hand, are pure evil.
    Lol yall are delusional...and lima beans are yummy in my tummy
  • cdmath
    Options
    Try to eat home cooked meals vs. frozen dinners, canned foods, or eating out. That way you know exactly what is in the food and can control the salt, sugar and other less healthy ingredients.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Funny-13.jpg
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Varies from person to person, but:

Good food:

Tasty. Affordable. Reasonably nutritious. Doesn't tempt me to overeat it. Doesn't cause me to crave or overeat anything else later.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    2gxfmrs.jpg
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and cauliflower-good!!

Okra and liver-bad!!

Chocolate-freaken great!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You're all wrong, brussel sprouts are evil...

OP, don't worry too much about cutting out certain foods, just try to eat a balanced nutritious diet. Think of the food pyramid (or look it up) - grains, fruits and veggies, lean meats and some fat in there too. Heck, you can even have a treat every day as long as it fits in your calorie/macro goal. The most important thing is to get portions under control.

What we're trying to say here is that it's not so much our food choices as the amount of food we eat that is the problem.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and red meat; always good ( in some moderation) no matter what anyone tells you. Quality, not quantity.