Good Food Vs Bad

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    There are no "good" or "bad foods... only food. Eat what you want in moderation. Meet your macronutrients.

This. Stop thinking of food as good or bad. It's FOOD.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    you mean to tell me that ive been living under a rock this whole time. That there is good and bad foods hmmmm I just thought food is food
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Anything Brown is good- but wheat means belly fat even whole wheat so eat brown rice not more than half cup one time- have boiled eggs good and fast to cook if you are a working woman and a mom too- lentils again source of protein- veggies again good source of healthy carbs- here is what your meals should look like

2 portion of veggies
    1 portion of carb- brown rice or quinoa half cup cooked
    1 portion of beef or 2 portion of chicken or 2 boiled eggs
    if you have more appetite- make a salad free dressing or soup cabbage or bottle gourd soup as starters
    start your meals with water and one capsule of Garcinia Cambogia it helps in suppressing the appetite too\45 minutes of cardio with strenght trainig plus cardio every alternate day- you would easliy loose 2 pound a week-all the best feel free to add me

Unless you have a specific medical condition that prevents you from eating anything white, you don't need to avoid white foods. And Garcinia cambogia doesn't do anything.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    the best tools you can ever buy are a food scale and measuring cups. Use them with everything. Look for the portion size on the back of labels.
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Log everything you eat. Don't expect to perfectly meet your calorie goals right away. You will mess up and have bad days; don't let it derail you. Notice how many calories are in something and then decide if it was worth it compared to your daily calorie budget. You will learn how to ration out indulgences and spend most of your calories on foods that will keep you full most of the day.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Chocolate milk = good

Brussell sprouts = bad
  • hey richard i have been subscribed this diet by a nutritionists...honestly in a week with garcinia ive not felt much difference..
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    hey richard i have been subscribed this diet by a nutritionists...honestly in a week with garcinia ive not felt much difference..

Some of the most bizarre ideas Ive read about on MFP were prescribed by a "nutritionist".
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Figure out how much of a calorie deficit you should be at, eat that amount of calories with whatever kind of food you like. That's it. The others are right though, broccoli, cauliflower and Lima beans are evil.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    There is no good carb or bad carb. Food has no alignment, but if it did, it would be Lawful Neutral.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    There are no "good" or "bad foods... only food. Eat what you want in moderation. Meet your macronutrients.

QFT
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    cauliflower is evil
    Fixed it for you. :sick:

Amen.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Chocolate milk = good

Brussell sprouts = bad

This too.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Water is good.

Going over your calorie limit bad.

Anything else in moderation is fine.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    hey richard i have been subscribed this diet by a nutritionists...honestly in a week with garcinia ive not felt much difference..

So you know, a nutritionist is not required to be licensed or regulated in any way, so many of them have very spurious credentials. Dieticians, on the other hand, are required to be licensed and are generally much better sources of information.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Anything Brown is good- but wheat means belly fat even whole wheat so eat brown rice not more than half cup one time- have boiled eggs good and fast to cook if you are a working woman and a mom too- lentils again source of protein- veggies again good source of healthy carbs- here is what your meals should look like

2 portion of veggies
    if you have more appetite- make a salad free dressing or soup cabbage or bottle gourd soup as starters
    start your meals with water and one capsule of Garcinia Cambogia it helps in suppressing the appetite too\45 minutes of cardio with strenght trainig plus cardio every alternate day- you would easliy loose 2 pound a week-all the best feel free to add me

Chocolate is brown.

I'd be finding a new nutritionist.

OP, I prefer to think of food in terms of whether it's going to help my body be healthier, or less healthy. I prefer to choose foods that promote good health, most of the time. I eat foods that aren't so good for me, although I often prefer the better ones!

Don't underestimate the importance of sleep and rest. Try to work out macros instead of calories to have a good breakdown of protein, fat and carbs.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    You're all wrong, brussel sprouts are evil...

OP, don't worry too much about cutting out certain foods, just try to eat a balanced nutritious diet. Think of the food pyramid (or look it up) - grains, fruits and veggies, lean meats and some fat in there too. Heck, you can even have a treat every day as long as it fits in your calorie/macro goal. The most important thing is to get portions under control.

What we're trying to say here is that it's not so much our food choices as the amount of food we eat that is the problem.

I wouldn't look at the food pyramid...it's the most ridiculous piece of nutritional advice. Wheat and grains only take up the bottom section because the development of the pyramid was paid for by the wheat/grain industry.
  • Hey everyone,
    I am just starting out and was wondering if anyone could give me some diet tips. I know the basics such as water, but what are good carbs vs bad etc etc, Thanks!!

What are the basics regarding water? I really dont drink a lot of water. I drink a lot of coffee and Diet Mountain Dew though. Can you explain what the basics of water are in regards to dieting? Thanks in advance!
  • Anything Brown is good- but wheat means belly fat even whole wheat so eat brown rice not more than half cup one time- have boiled eggs good and fast to cook if you are a working woman and a mom too- lentils again source of protein- veggies again good source of healthy carbs- here is what your meals should look like

2 portion of veggies

Unless you have a specific medical condition that prevents you from eating anything white, you don't need to avoid white foods. And Garcinia cambogia doesn't do anything.

Chocolate Cake and brownies are well.....brown. Hence the name brownie im guessing? I'm IN for all the brown fooodz!
  • livingleanlivingclean

2 portion of veggies

Chocolate Cake and brownies are well.....brown. Hence the name brownie im guessing? I'm IN for all the brown fooodz!

Blondies are awesome too. But they're white so must be evil :) brownies for the win!