Pink Slime Gets a New Name

Options
124»

Replies

• ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    How is this name new? They've been calling it LFTB for years. Do you really think that they made up the "pink slime" name themselves?

True, they were asking the media to use the name they have always used, they did not' change the name at all.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the two of you are arguing about, but ammonia-treated beef is in fact not legal in Canada.

LOL I don't know either, guess other poster just is cranky and wanting to throw names at me. I'm over it :) He's probably just having a bad day :flowerforyou:

Yes. This 82 degree weather, pool, and cold beer are making my life miserable.

You ranted with a very precious position on food that demonstrated a belief that the food industry outside of your precious little community in the frozen tundra keeps cows in knee deep filth. Having spent plenty of time around cattle growing up, and looking outside my window and seeing yet more, I'm amused by the ignorance of your statements.

I'm off to see if my store bought chicken shrinks to 1/4 of its original size. lol

Stay warm . . .
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    As someone who actually raises heritage-breed pigs and chickens, I am comfortable stating there are minimal health benefits to eating my pork over "factory pork". There are lots of good reasons to choose mine - not the least of which is taste - but the idea that there are significant health benefits is just plain wrong.

Modern "factory" meat available in supermarkets is, by historical standards, of astoundingly high safety and quality.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the two of you are arguing about, but ammonia-treated beef is in fact not legal in Canada.

LOL I don't know either, guess other poster just is cranky and wanting to throw names at me. I'm over it :) He's probably just having a bad day :flowerforyou:

Yes. This 82 degree weather, pool, and cold beer are making my life miserable.

You ranted with a very precious position on food that demonstrated a belief that the food industry outside of your precious little community in the frozen tundra keeps cows in knee deep filth. Having spent plenty of time around cattle growing up, and looking outside my window and seeing yet more, I'm amused by the ignorance of your statements.

I'm off to see if my store bought chicken shrinks to 1/4 of its original size. lol

Stay warm . . .

I truely am sorry if you took it that way, it wasnt my intent. I was merely stating that I live near alot of farming community and I feel lucky about that. I don't live in a big city. I was not trying to say I live in the only location that has easy access to local farms, cause that would be silly. I was also ONLY talking about operations that do have mass production of beef and other livestock as being the ones that tend to house animals in poor conditions. And I do realize that not all operations are poor conditions for the animals... But it does bother me that some are, as I have visited some places in person. It was not trying to attack anyone personally.

lol