XMAS RUN CHALLENGE

Options
13»

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on running 8k that afternoon, while the turkey is in the oven and everyone (ie - hubby and the kids) are playing their new toys and ignoring me.

Worked well last year. :drinker: The kids didn't even realize I was gone until I got back, ahah!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am in =) I am going to run for a bit that morning and then spend the rest of my day with my family =) I am thinking atleast 3 miles =)
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    It's Christmas afternoon and I hope you all are having a fabulous day. I walked with my children last night for about an hour as we admired the holiday lights in a neighborhood here renowned for their holiday decorations. Came home, had dinner and did the gift thing. Then my son headed back to his home in Tempe, my girls' friends headed to their respective homes, and my girls went to bed. I played with my new computer for awhile, then also went off to dreamland. The three of us all got up about the same time this morning and as they dressed to go to their father's house, I dressed for the park. :) I did the Week 3 Day 1 of c25k... sort of. I did, as I anticipated, struggle through the 3 minute run and had to slow to a walk on the first one (which may sound kind of wussy to all you long time runners, but it sure didn't feel wussy to my lungs - LOLOL). After I got home from that, I leashed up the dogs, and we walked for about 45 minutes, rather slowly because one is old, one is fat, and I'm both. But it was a great walk on an absolutely gorgeous day.

I wish all of you a day filled with the love of family and friends and the laughter and joy of great memories in the making! Merry Christmas if you celebrate the holiday. And Happy December 25th, to everybody else!

:happy: :drinker: :happy:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    We will see what I get in, but it is speed day for me...may get in 3 miles, might not. Will probably top off around 2.5, since it is just a 10 minute warm-up/cool-down and 5X400s...and I am not that fast, and pace is at 5k pace (which is about 9:30)...so we will see, but definately in for the running part lol.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Phew! Just short of 3mi, but did a short warm-up, then several hill charges (delightfully long steep hill on road @ bottom of our driveway :-)

And it was 9 degrees F out, "feeling" like -5 today. Wearing polypro under my sweats + gloves was perfectly sufficient. Provided the streets are sanded, there's really no reason not to go out in cold weather.
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I did 5 miles in 45:51 this morning, set of at 9:30.

Done the same everyday this week, been ill and had a week of no exercise so enjoying being able to exercise again.
  • bkbenda
    bkbenda Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed a 6 mile run with my husband this morning after opening presents with the teenage children and before 3:00 dinner with the family. It was a gift in itself as we rarely get the chance to run together. He is faster than I am and he took this as an opportunity to pace me for a good run when I wasn't feeling very motivated. Great Christmas run!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Didn't do it this morning as I had to leave for work at 6:15 for an 11 hour shift....but I did do a 5k when I got home....and am now enjoying my Christmas pizza and chardonnay!

Merry (probably belated since I am on Hawaii time...) Christmas to all!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Dang! I was in for 4 miles, but hurt my hip at church on Christmas Eve and now I am couch bound! THIS SUCKS. I got my daughter new roller blades for Christmas in hopes that we could go to the park and I would run more and she would roller blade, no way that is happening now. This sucks.