What's your Christmas dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    christmas eve will be homemade pizza (carry out was the old family tradition but love making my own now)... brunch on christmas day with perogies, sausage, onions and egg burritos with mom's side... then traditional dinner with dad's side of the fam... also having friends over the sunday after christmas for a big traditional christmas meal - everyone is bringing wine and then an appitizer or dessert...
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    At my mom's house, we have a big lasagna dinner (my mom is 100% irish, and my step-dad is 100% german, idk why we eat lasagna, but it's awesome lolol) and at my boyfriend's family's, we have the regular. turkey, ham, taters, etc
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    We celebrate mostly on Christmas Eve, and do it up pretty casual with finger foods, fresh baked breads, soup, deli meat and cheese, crudités, and fudge.

On Christmas Day we go to my stepsister's house for a dinner with that part of the family. They usually have ham and/or turkey and a bunch of gross (IMO) side dishes. I usually bring a tasty veggie side and deviled eggs and that's what my husband and I eat.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Whatever everyone else is bringing :indifferent: They've changed the date twice and the location 3 times. Now our big family get together is on Christmas Day. I have to work it this year, so I ain't making a frickin' thing to take.
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    To the OP, Good...... Lord...... WHEN IS DINNER?!?!?!?!?!?! My wife's fam and I always go out to sushi after Christmas Eve service at church, we don't get to all be together much so after church one year we wanted to go eat. Most places are closed, except for one sushi place, so it became a tradition. The people there know us by name and always ask how we are doing, they notice if someone brings a new bf/gf/baby or if someone is missing. Pretty awesome time :) then Christmas dinner is usually either Thanksgiving 2.0 with ham, turkey and potatos etc. or brunch like waffles, bacon, egg scrambles and mimosas :)
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Traditional Cuban food on Noche Buena (xmas eve) - pork, blk beans and rice, fried plantains, yucca, cheese, wine, etc OM NOM NOM NOM

Then on xmas turkey dinner with all the sides yum!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    We do traditional Polish/German fare

Gumpki, Perogis, sausages, kraut, I make Glühwein and we eat, drink, and be Merry.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve I'm spending with friends, pizza and booze. Christmas Day my mom cba to make a full meal so hors d'oeuvres and more booze and then Boxing Day is my aunt's birthday, you guessed it MORE BOOZE. Not too worried about the food, the booze is what's gonna kill me lol
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    When it comes to Christmas dinner, my family has never made any one thing. A lot of times we'll go with turkey dinner with all the fixins like Thanksgiving but we've had lasanga, stir fry, chicken divan, pork loin, etc.

I'm making the recipe linked below. Just asked Hubs about it last night and he didn't have any preference so I thought about things I only make occassionally (time consuming or high cal) and decided on this one. It is soooo yummy. Might use sirloin vs chuck to cut down a bit on fat/calories but that's about as light as it gets.

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/no-recipe-zone-recipes/Potato-Topped-Beef-Stew
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Filet Mignon, Lobster , Caesar Salad and California Crostini.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I am debating whether I should choose a pop tart or some frozen waffles.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Posole and tamales with red chile - New Mexican style. Been having that every Christmas even since I was little.
  • Dawnidizzle
    Options
    Prime Rib! :) No better way to go!
  • joshthomas77
    Options
    I am on the hook for making dinner this year. We are starting with Chicken Liver pate and crostini. For the entrée I am cooking Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignon recipe from the Art of French Cooking along with mashed potatoes and a gorgonzola, peach, salad. For dessert I am making S’Mores Pot De Crème. Should be pretty fantastic
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Prawns, cold roast pork, cold roast chicken, salads, homemade frozen yoghurt for dessert - venue will be a park by a creek so the kids can swim.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    To the OP, Good...... Lord...... WHEN IS DINNER?!?!?!?!?!?!

Lol, it was pretty awesome, I'm so glad everything turned out good! The roasted fingerling potatoes are a keeper recipe that I will be making on a regular basis from now on :drinker:
    It's so fun to see what a wonderful variety of food people eat at Christmas! Love the descriptions of different ethnic foods :smile: