What "childish" fears do you still have?

Options

Replies

• gman1232
    Options
    I also fear Sharknados
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I also fear Sharknados

Sharknadoes are a legit fear.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Let's see...storms (the really bad ones with a lot of thunder and lightning and wind), the dark, being in an elevator alone, the monster under the bed that's going to grab my leg if I hang my feet off the bed too long, spiders (not so much afraid of them as they really just creep me out), clowns (Dang Stephen King). I think that's all. I've made myself sound like enough of a 5 year old for one day.
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of the dark, mildly to very scared of spiders depending on size, and I can't sleep with my back facing the edge of the bed, nor can I sleep with my feet uncovered. Something's going to get me, I just know it.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Cats.. They are sneaky little suckers. They will definitely stop me in my tracks.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Bugs of any kind - unless they're ladybugs, caterpillars, or butterflies. I'm also afraid of being the last one to come up the stairs of a basement. I sprint up the stairs as fast as I can and shut the door so the basement monsters don't get out.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I sprint up the stairs as fast as I can and shut the door so the basement monsters don't get out.

:slow, serious nod:

At the bottom of the basement stairs we hung a poster from the 1999 Artichoke Festival in Castroville, CA. It's a drawing of Marilyn Monroe when she was Artichoke Queen or some such back when she was in her 20s. She's beautiful.

My children are terrified of her. "Her eyes follow you," they claim. When I hear one of them tearing up the basement stairs, I call out, "Did she getcha?" "Almost," they inevitably call back. At least I know it's not their fault; they inherited their fear of basement stairs from me. Not sure where they got their fear of Marilyn Monroe, though.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    what if she gets one?
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    what if she gets one?

Let's hope it's the 14 year old and not the 12 year old.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Mirrors in the dark creep me out. I have to keep night lights in the bathroom.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Any extreme weather...high wind, heavy rain, lots of snow, but especially thunderstorms. I get a little anxious when there's lightening, but someone help me when there's thunder.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Mirrors in the dark creep me out. I have to keep night lights in the bathroom.

no night lights, but mirrors in the dark, yup.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Turning off the lights at the base of the stairs.. I still have to run up them.. lol
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Spiders, especially the furry ones....:sad:
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Ghost lol
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I don't like my closet door open at night. Yes, I realize Mike Wazowski won't pop out and try to make me laugh, but still.
    Never know if the toothfairy is hanging around in there. She might still owe me money for some teeth, as a matter of fact.
  • sdpeklo
    Options
    I love this post....and how many people have the same fears. : ) Certain basement stairs ummm... ya.... .....legit!
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Armadillos
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hate the dark and deep water
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Clowns and spiders