Morbidly Obese to HEALTHY! 277 to 149 lbs PICS

Options
WoW. Never in a thousand years would i think i would ever get to where I am. I'll share my story but feel free to just skip to the pics if that's what you would rather :)

I've always been overweight. I dont think ive ever been at a "normal healthy" BMI, even as a kid. As an adult i'd never been under 220 lbs. I'm only 5'5. Then i got married, more lbs piled on. Had 2 kids within 15 months, more lbs piled on. When my kids were 1 and 2, I was at 277 lbs. That was it, I had enough. I was so depressed at night but i had no idea how to change it. Im not one of those people who were constant dieters. I'd never really tried to lose weight. I didn't know how to cook healthy, I didnt know what healthy foods were. My 2 year old daughter saw me drinking 5-6 cups of pepsi a day and was starting to ask for it. I would tell her no, it's not good for her but then she would see me drink it. Same with junk food. I didnt want her to eat it but i still ate it myself. Well, that's not fair nor a good example i thought to myself. I never wanted her to be overweight, I wanted her to be healthy, enjoy treats on occasion but eat healthy. So, with that, my journey began. I didn't even know where to start. I was on my phone one day and found an app called My Fitness Pal. My life was changed. I followed the calories it gave me and the weight was just falling off. I was so excited. Could it really have been this simple all along? Not easy, but simple, yes. Eat less, move more. That was it. I went for walks with the kids often. We live in upstate NY where it is cold often so when we couldnt walk outside we would walk around the mall. When it got warm we ran around the park together. I didnt have time or money for a gym. I just made my health a priority and incorporated my kids. I used my 1 year old as weights (He's almost 3 now and quite heavy to continue using as a weight LOL!). I started looking up new recipes. I found ways to make our favorite meals healthier. Our entire life was changed. My husband does not count calories and eats whatever he wants on the weekends but during the week he eats my healthy dinners and then takes the left overs to work for lunch. He's lost 40 lbs.

I just want to say that its really really overwhelming when you have a large amount of weight to lose. It really is. I took it small goals by small goals. Pre baby weights, pre wedding weight, college weight, high school weight, etc. Yesterday I stepped on the scale and I weight 149! My BMI flashed "NORMAL" on my phone when i tracked it. NORMAL?! I've never been "normal". I was walking on the clouds yesterday. I wouldn't say im at my goal but i'm ecstatic where I am. My goal is to lose another 10 lbs. I got my body fat tested and I carry quite a bit of muscle so i know that i shouldn't strive for much lower. But as long as I stay in the healthy range i'm happy with that. I started at a tight size 22, now i'm a 6. A SIZE 6! I owe it all to MFP and my awesome friends on here. Heres hoping that this can inspire someone because I know that the past 2 years the Success forum has been my inspiration! And now for the pictures...

A couple befores (There aren't many, and these were the "good" pics as the bad ones always got deleted ;)

old1_zpsa2585667.jpg

788db09c-675b-4a6b-9bd2-f3916f66cd5b_zpsc0bceb7a.jpg

oldcruise_zpsc5307527.jpg

old250_zpsc56f6b42.jpg

And now :)

My size 6 jeans

7D630741-6CA3-4383-BE19-51AB5AF40724_zps9g3nmgcg.jpg

816D0178-A6CF-4FDD-828C-57954859DD1E_zpsivsekzi6.jpg

medress_zps97e46cbb.jpg

We visit the inlaws every thanksgiving so this is this year, exactly 2 yrs apart.

8CE3305D-7C3F-4A17-AC48-2CA42521CD65_zpszux9yqlt.jpg

And then just a picture of my (Healthier) Family :) Merry Christmas from our family to yours :flowerforyou:

3343445D-DADA-404C-BB4B-7C15F9A53778_zpsakfnglq2.jpg

Replies

• faigylu
    faigylu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look so great!!! I'm starting out a lot lower than you did but my goal is about the same. It's really tough.

You look sooooo good!!!!
  • sparkynme
    Options
    WOW :drinker:
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    OMG, you look amazing!!! So happy for you! Beautiful family also :-).
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Wow ! Big Congrats !
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!!! Congrats! Your family probably feels so proud!
  • Teal2013
    Options
    You're beautiful. At any size. But you look so healthy and happy now. Well done. Very inspirational!
  • getting_fit_erin
    Options
    Wow! You are such an inspiration! I have 100+ to lose and I have to say that keeping motivated is the hardest part! It really helps to read personal journeys such as yours to know that it IS achievable. You look happy and healthy- great for you and your family :) Thank you for sharing your story!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job, seriously.
  • tntmom17
    tntmom17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! You have worked very hard, and it shows! You have a beautiful family, too!
  • SkinnygirlCrystal
    Options
    You look great!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • Masonless
    Masonless Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. Such a beautiful family. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year:smile:
  • californiabella
    Options
    you are so adorable! great job with the loss.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! It's great to see a post from someone who carries a lot of muscle - it makes a difference! Awesome job!
  • lola0003
    Options
    wow you are amazing!
  • HiImJayme
    HiImJayme Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful and have a beautiful family! Thank you for sharing your story and for the inspiration!
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! You look so happy and healthy!
  • sharifit53
    sharifit53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You are an inspiration!
  • anna1m
    anna1m Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just stunning!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and very happy. Thank you for sharing your story. I needed this.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!