Options

Replies

• thinin2014now
    Options
    You go girl! Way to go.
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE!!!!! You are an inspiration. I have 60 more to go. I know I can do it!
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Bravo!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas, and thank you for sharing your story! You and your family are beautiful.
  • rabrikablalock
    Options
    You look Great! I was having a bad morning but you just made my day better by seeing your success! :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Awesome :drinker: You look fantastic. Our stories are very similar (no kids here though) and I'm waiting to see "Normal" show up ...it's so close I can taste it. I know you're on cloud 9 and you are right, when you've got a lot to lose, you have to think in terms of small goals, you can't look at the big picture as its so discouraging. My motto was One Day, One Pound, One Step at a time.

I love threads like this, it keeps my mindset where it needs to be, that & MFP support, 560 plus days & counting.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing.

Stories like yours are inspiring to those of us who are attempting to do what you've done... Obese to Normal.
  • Bere4ever
    Options
    wow!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • dgbush0208
    dgbush0208 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What a great transformation! Not only did you change your life, you included your husband in your journey and with just a little effort, he lost weight too. Your family is beautiful and you should be very, very proud! I bet your husband is so happy to have a smokin' hot wife!
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You look great OP! Very well done!
  • sandywerks
    sandywerks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Be so proud of yourself!
  • watercolorarteest
    watercolorarteest Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! Beautiful family! Keep on keeping on!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! Way to go!:flowerforyou:
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am glad I didn't skip reading your story. What an amazing transformation! Thank You for sharing your success!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You did an amazing job!! You look wonderful congrats!!
  • urwhaturnot
    urwhaturnot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. You have done an amazing job.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely glowing. What an amazing job you did. You have a beautiful family. Well done !:drinker:
  • FitBelleVie
    FitBelleVie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    WoW. Never in a thousand years would i think i would ever get to where I am. I'll share my story but feel free to just skip to the pics if that's what you would rather :)

I've always been overweight. I dont think ive ever been at a "normal healthy" BMI, even as a kid. As an adult i'd never been under 220 lbs. I'm only 5'5. Then i got married, more lbs piled on. Had 2 kids within 15 months, more lbs piled on. When my kids were 1 and 2, I was at 277 lbs. That was it, I had enough. I was so depressed at night but i had no idea how to change it. Im not one of those people who were constant dieters. I'd never really tried to lose weight. I didn't know how to cook healthy, I didnt know what healthy foods were. My 2 year old daughter saw me drinking 5-6 cups of pepsi a day and was starting to ask for it. I would tell her no, it's not good for her but then she would see me drink it. Same with junk food. I didnt want her to eat it but i still ate it myself. Well, that's not fair nor a good example i thought to myself. I never wanted her to be overweight, I wanted her to be healthy, enjoy treats on occasion but eat healthy. So, with that, my journey began. I didn't even know where to start. I was on my phone one day and found an app called My Fitness Pal. My life was changed. I followed the calories it gave me and the weight was just falling off. I was so excited. Could it really have been this simple all along? Not easy, but simple, yes. Eat less, move more. That was it. I went for walks with the kids often. We live in upstate NY where it is cold often so when we couldnt walk outside we would walk around the mall. When it got warm we ran around the park together. I didnt have time or money for a gym. I just made my health a priority and incorporated my kids. I used my 1 year old as weights (He's almost 3 now and quite heavy to continue using as a weight LOL!). I started looking up new recipes. I found ways to make our favorite meals healthier. Our entire life was changed. My husband does not count calories and eats whatever he wants on the weekends but during the week he eats my healthy dinners and then takes the left overs to work for lunch. He's lost 40 lbs.

I just want to say that its really really overwhelming when you have a large amount of weight to lose. It really is. I took it small goals by small goals. Pre baby weights, pre wedding weight, college weight, high school weight, etc. Yesterday I stepped on the scale and I weight 149! My BMI flashed "NORMAL" on my phone when i tracked it. NORMAL?! I've never been "normal". I was walking on the clouds yesterday. I wouldn't say im at my goal but i'm ecstatic where I am. My goal is to lose another 10 lbs. I got my body fat tested and I carry quite a bit of muscle so i know that i shouldn't strive for much lower. But as long as I stay in the healthy range i'm happy with that. I started at a tight size 22, now i'm a 6. A SIZE 6! I owe it all to MFP and my awesome friends on here. Heres hoping that this can inspire someone because I know that the past 2 years the Success forum has been my inspiration! And now for the pictures...

A couple befores (There aren't many, and these were the "good" pics as the bad ones always got deleted ;)

old1_zpsa2585667.jpg

788db09c-675b-4a6b-9bd2-f3916f66cd5b_zpsc0bceb7a.jpg

oldcruise_zpsc5307527.jpg

old250_zpsc56f6b42.jpg

And now :)

My size 6 jeans

7D630741-6CA3-4383-BE19-51AB5AF40724_zps9g3nmgcg.jpg

816D0178-A6CF-4FDD-828C-57954859DD1E_zpsivsekzi6.jpg

medress_zps97e46cbb.jpg

We visit the inlaws every thanksgiving so this is this year, exactly 2 yrs apart.

8CE3305D-7C3F-4A17-AC48-2CA42521CD65_zpszux9yqlt.jpg

And then just a picture of my (Healthier) Family :) Merry Christmas from our family to yours :flowerforyou:

3343445D-DADA-404C-BB4B-7C15F9A53778_zpsakfnglq2.jpg

Wow you look so amazing!! Great job!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!