Are you logging your calories on Christmas Day?

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    I don't see why I won't, I'll be eating either way. Even if it didn't show up in my food diary, it's going to show up on ME. So who would I be lying to?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    If by logging you mean quick add, then yes! I logged Thanksgiving, as best as I could, but Christmas Day will be too busy for me, as I'll be going to 3-4 other family homes. It will be too difficult to even try logging the foods/snacks that will be available. I'm going to enjoy the day, without stressing out over my food intake. I'll be going right back to calorie goal on the 26th.
  • Nate0047
    Nate0047 Posts: 105
    I'll be logging and exercising, I just know my calorie count will be WAY over my goal. But I don't care. I haven't had a real cheat day in a month or two, so I feel a need to treat myself a bit. One day isn't going to ruin months of hard work. Just back to the healthy way of life on the 26th.
  • TheCredibleHuIk
    TheCredibleHuIk Posts: 26 Member
    9 pages of eating disorders I see here.

Is your profile pic supposed to be representative of the grinch on steroids or are you just always an a$*^%le?

Is your profile pic supposed to be representative of a whale, or are you just fat?
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Yep. I try to at least stay under calorie goal to the best of my ability.
    But if Im over it's not a big deal.
  • No.
    What's the worst that could happen, I'll put on a few lb's of "water weight", that'll be gone come New Years.. or later on into January. When I've had "binging" episodes, the worst damage I've done is about 2,000kcal (before I feel ILL).. So I'll be enjoying my time with family, and eating EVERYTHING I can get my hands on, dinner/sweets/crisps... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
    I haven't been logging everything for a good while now anyway, and I've still been losing weight.

Infact, I'm hungry just thinking about it. :grumble:
  • Kerrygirlinmaldon
    Kerrygirlinmaldon Posts: 32 Member
    I will but know I will be over normal daily goal. But have planned exercise everyday to minimise the effect!
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    9 pages of eating disorders I see here.

Is your profile pic supposed to be representative of the grinch on steroids or are you just always an a$*^%le?

Is your profile pic supposed to be representative of a whale, or are you just fat?

LOL, thanks for answering my question!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    I will log everything! And there will be plenty to log. No restrictions on what I'll eat, and I'll make no effort to stay under - but I will log the lot
  • 1Lightstep
    1Lightstep Posts: 64 Member
    I will be logging this Christmas. For a lot of people, Christmas is an indulgent time of drinking, snacking, picking, large portions, heavy meals and under exercising. This makes it all the more important for me to know that everything I eat is countable, I will be more conscious about what I am eating at that time. A little bit of this, a little bit of that adds up so quickly and it is the reason that I need to keep a diary.

My MFP diary is still new. I am trying to avoid the slippery slope of reasons not to keep it up. First it is Christmas, then New Year's Eve celebrations, then birthdays, anniversaries, special get togethers and so forth. More seasoned MFP diary loggers may find it easier to avoid such stumbling blocks, but I am not there yet. I do not have to log it at the time, I just have to make sure that the days intake is recorded at some point.

I know that I am in control of my diet on the majority of healthy days and on a day when I relax a little, like Christmas. I believe this Christmas will be a healthier one than previously enjoyed because I am now more aware of what I am eating and how much work it takes to burn it off.

I will not be calorie counting everything I eat when I eat it and may not make all healthy food choices, nor be concerned if I have not burnt sufficient calories on the day. I intend to enjoy how I spend the day and what I eat. I will make a conscious choice of healthy or not and know the difference and if I do less exercise on that day, I will know that I have made a choice to work harder after Christmas. Nothing is ruined, nothing is irreparable and nothing is going to stop me focussing on my goal after the celebrations are over.

I will log my food and exercise when I can and when it calculates the calories, I will make a note of any extra calories that I have taken in and try to balance them out over a sustainable period of time. I probably will not like having to work harder on my diet and exercise on the days it takes to make up the difference, but if I have chosen this route, I will see it through, knowing that I have had a good Christmas and enjoyed my treat.

My long term goal is to lose weight but not at the expense of enjoying life's special moments. We have a lifetime of monitoring our weight and working towards and sustaining our health and fitness goals. For some people that means, strict dieting and exercise regimes each day, regardless of the date, for others like me, it means be mindful of my health but working harder on some days to make up for the days I have chosen to be more relaxed, as long as such days are far and few between.

Merry Christmas.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Uh, no.
  • kkows
    kkows Posts: 19
    I'll log. I'm curious as to what the numbers will be.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Yes ma'am.
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Don't see how it is even possible to log.... If your Christmas dinner is made up of a very small amounts of food from like 10 different homemade dishes... how in the world do you log that?

I just plan to eat super light in the morning and and not worry about dinner. Still going to workout.
  • I sure am why not calculate just because of a holiday dont loose facts what your goals are stay motivated
  • journey_man
    journey_man Posts: 110 Member
    Definitely logging.

I don't get the reasoning behind not doing it. The calories are there whether you log them are not. I'd rather know what the deal is.

Logging will not prevent me from eating as much or as little as I want. No logging makes me feel like logging has created this monumental restriction, when it hasn't.

I've been eating carefully for some 3 weeks now, and the experience so far has confirmed something I've always known: that there is a big range between being satisfied, and being totally full (for me at least):

Hungry
    Satisfied
    Full to the brim.

I had been operating on the right side of that second interval for much of my life, especially in recent years. What I am pleased to realize is that stopping at "satisfied," or a little after, really takes no effort at all. The rest is just overindulgence and IMO account for much of obesity.

So I'm gonna enjoy my food, and stop when I am satisfied.
  • Was just thinking about this? I am not feeling too happy about my results on here - so I am in give up mode. Or heading that direction.............. but I will keep going and yes log my food ! I will keep trying :) Are you?
  • running_tall
    running_tall Posts: 213 Member
    Heck no.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Logging. I just won't be working out.
    I'll still hold myself accountable until I can get back on track again. c: