Are you logging your calories on Christmas Day?

Options

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Not happening. One of my 3 days a year where I don't log.

I will be just fine not doing so.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Maybe I will, maybe I won't!!
  • Tffanie4712
    Options
    Yup it's going to look sad cause if all the vegan stuffing but hey I'm doing 2 hours of exercise that morning so hey it's worth it!!!!!
  • AcrylicDreams
    Options
    Yes, otherwise how will I know that I stayed under 1200?
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Yes. I log every day to the best of my ability. Even if I eat 1,000 calories above maintenance, I'll still log it. Knowledge is power!
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My birthday and Christmas are the only two days that I refuse to log, just because I'll be drinking so many calories it will boggle the mind...because in-laws.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll log, but eat what I want. That way I know how I actually did.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is just another day, different food:laugh:
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yes - just as I di on Thanksgiving - I will have a "spoon"ful of everything.

I need to keep THIS in mind! I won`t be able to log accuratly (putluck, not at my place) but I`ll do my best......
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Yup. How else am I going to know I've hit my goal of 10,000 cals. I've come up short the last couple holidays...only about 7,000 each. I'm going to have to up my game on Wednesday.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'll probably log, but I won't be weighing anything and I don't expect my log to be completely accurate. I don't stress about calories on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • coloprincess16
    Options
    Enjoy time with family and food without the concern about your diet. Give yourself a day to relax and take it off your mind. Go to the gym on days prior and just be sure to burn extra calories by doing extra cardio, etc.:smile:
  • ameltingprism
    Options
    Honestly, no.

I plan on enjoying myself. For me, counting calories can sometimes be overwhelming, especially if you are not the one cooking the dishes.

I hope everyone enjoys themselves on Christmas though, whether you count calories or not. :drinker:
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yep--I'll be logging. It's a potluck and I volunteered for foods that I know the calories for.

I'll probably log something like this:

4 oz spiral ham
    1-2 cups broccoli-cauliflower salad (I'm making)
    Homemade bread (I'm making)
    1 deviled egg
    crudites
    Green beans
    Sugar Free 4 layer dessert (I'm making)

I am hoping for no more than 800 calories for the meal.

I logged everything for Thanksgiving too and stayed within my calorie goal.

If I go over, I plan to take a nice long walk or get on the exercise bike.

For me it's easier to be strict with myself than it is to try to lose the weight I might gain if I went hog wild.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I stopped earlier in the week. Probably won't log for another week. I'm at my goal weight, just maintaining. In the hospital with my son who had spine surgery.
    Different priorities this week!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Don't just write it off! Eat what you want, but only eat what you want. Don't eat something to just be polite, and don't snack mindlessly because it is there. If you want pie, have pie, but just be aware of what you are eating. Then make up for it the next few days. You cant get back on track if you don't know how far off the rails you went.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    nope
  • Journeygirl
    Journeygirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'll log. I will probably go over my allotment.