Are you logging your calories on Christmas Day?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I'm usually that person who replies with something along the lines of "yes, it's necessary, blah blah blah." But unfortunately I won't be able to since I'll be on vacation with Florida and have family cooking meals for me :/ I mean, of the opportunity to log presents itself I'd love to, but I don't see the point in trying to guess at numbers when I'd hopefully be more accurate listening to my body and eating sensibly. I'm a party pooper I guess, I don't really feel the need to indulge during Christmas. It's a family holiday, not a food one. Don't forget the whole point of it :)
    Happy holidays everyone, I wish you all the best of luck on your journey!
  • bluebuggy1970
    bluebuggy1970 Posts: 70 Member
    Yes but it will be an estimate of my intake. No food scales allowed and I will be over! I will at least have a general idea of how over I am.
  • Unfortunately YES. I made a bet with myself that I could lose weight through the holidays and stay on track. This is a tough track and like the Army, I only want to pay for the real estate once. No sense making a gain and giving it back only to try and retake the same ground.
  • Out of 365 days, to not log anything for 4 days is an absolute necessity to enjoy myself... MFP works for me and even eating the huge amount planned I know I'll be back at start pre Christmas weight in no time at all... Happy Christmas to all...
  • stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member
    No Christmas Day is a religious day in my family.

I don't need to worry about logging and how many calories I am eating, that's just being overly obsessive in my opinion.

I wont be logging on Christmas Eve either.
  • jenjim2021
    jenjim2021 Posts: 43 Member
    Maybe on Christmas day... definitely not on Christmas Eve. Pizza, wings, cookies and alcohol planned. :drinker:
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    I dont log on holidays
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Yes -- well, I may not actually do the logging until the next morning, but it will get recorded. Knowledge is power. It's not as if not recording means the calories don't have an effectt. I expect to go over maintenance by 600 to 800 calories (thus wiping out the deficit for that day and one other day--big deal, so I only lose 5/7 of what I otherwise would next week), but if it's more I'm not going to feel guilty or depressed. But I _will_ have the information to understand what's happening.

But I understand for some people logging is a pain in the butt, and if taking a day off from it makes the day more relaxing and more of a celebration, that's great.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member

I don't need to worry about logging and how many calories I am eating, that's just being overly obsessive in my opinion.

OK. Do you brush your teeth on Christmas, or is that being overly obsessive with dental hygiene?
  • stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member

OK. Do you brush your teeth on Christmas, or is that being overly obsessive with dental hygiene?

That's just a stupid question.

I don't need to worry about logging while I am enjoying time with my family.

You don't need to eat 100% healthy all the time, you don't need to log every single day to lose weight.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    I'm gonna be out of town in the morning so prob won't log till late that night but will still log them. Will be honest though and just admit am prob gonna end up going over calories and not stress myself out about it that day.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    I am going to log - it will not be accurate and a lot of it will be guestimates ad I know it will be over my allowance - but I don't want to not log altogether - at least it gives some idea.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Well are you?

Of course.
    Or are you just going to write it off?

Why would I want to do that?
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Yes.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    I log every day. Holidays are interesting and fun times to log, because the food tends to be different.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,085 Member
    No, for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, the Saturday following when we have our Christmas celebration with my wife's family, and likely not New Year;'s Eve either.
  • aluethi1
    aluethi1 Posts: 97 Member
    I will be. Even if I go over it'll be nice to know. We had a Christmas potluck at work the other day and I indulged more than I should have, but because I logged it I knew it wasn't so bad that I went over my daily calories like I thought I would have.
  • Yes but if I go over I'm not going to freak out. At least if I log I can assess the damage.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Nope. Going to enjoy the day and try not to eat everything in the house.
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Maybe, idk yet, and like others said, I won't know the exact recipes of some stuff so there will be a lot of guesswork. Luckily though, I'm usually at a deficit every other day.