I HATE WATER?!

Options
Hi. I've been dieting for a while now and have lost quite alot but there is just one problem; the water. I can't drink it AT ALL, it just makes me feel sick and horrible. I can't drink juice because there is too many calories and soda is bad. Help?

Replies

• lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Infuse it with oranges, lemons, strawberries, whatever fruit you like really. I used to drink zero pure water - now I can't imagine how I can drink less than 6 to 12 glasses a day. It really does make you feel so much healthier!
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Flavour the water .. I love drinking it ice cold with lemon wedges. Ppl add all sorts of fruits to water, even those fruity green tea bags.

Of course, there's the flavor packets for water you can buy as well
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I get all my water from coke zero, milk and coffee.

Can't remember the last time I drank a glass of water - it hasn't done me any harm.
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Same here.. drinking water makes me feel sick unless I am working out but then I only sip the water. I get the flavored liter of waters from like Walmart to drink. They are zero everything and the flavor helps.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    If water literally makes you sick, you need to see your doctor.

If you just don't like it... well #firstworldproblems

And the flavored waters from walmart/target are basically just diet 7up.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Stick a shot of vodka in it....
  • catnipburrito
    Options
    Have you tried drinking bottled water rather than tap water?
    I moved to a different country and can't drink the tap water, I can't stand the taste, so I switched to bottled water and that tastes a lot better. Alternatively - you can get these tablets called 'ZERO Highs', they're calorie free and give you some electrolytes as well as flavouring your water. They have nice flavours like apple
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Weird, last night I took a sip and said "I [expletive deleted] LOVE WATER" It's amazing!
  • nohaynicknamesdisponibles
    Options
    Initially I hated to drink water like you, then I found Arizona Tea-Sticks http://www.drinkarizona.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=275 - helped me a lot and over the time I got used to drink water also without this :drinker:
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If your used to drinking fizzy and sugary drinks then switching to water is a bit of a shock to the taste buds. You do get used to it, I remember when I only drank pop and drinking water just seemed awful but now its become a habit and I drink about 4 pints a day.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Weird, last night I took a sip and said "I [expletive deleted] LOVE WATER" It's amazing!
    This. :drinker:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i don't get it. i love water. it tastes like nothing. it's cool and refreshing.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Mio and the other flavor infusers have been my god send. I drink almost a gallon a day now, just add a squirt and go.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    sip on bouillon broth ….add twice the amount of water because the salt content is a bit high .
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Stick a straw in it and away you go
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    add whiskey to it
  • gilster64
    Options
    I empathise with you, I can't stand the stuf2f.no matter how much I add juice,flavorings etc.it sloshes around in my belly, making me feel sick.

That's why I drink up to 10 cups of tea a day. Some medics say at least your getting fluids, others say, it's a diaretic and I need drink more water. I've not drank pure water for 25 yrs, but get 3 litres of fluids at least each day. I also don't know what to do now I'm on this strict calorie controlled diet. I know it encourages metabolism. However, I won't make my life uncomfortable by forcing waste, either pure or flavoured.
  • Sonmi429
    Sonmi429 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    As some above said try flavouring it with slices of lemon, orange, cucumber or tea bags.

I wouldn't recommend coke, milk or powdered juice, they've got waaaay too many additives. Losing weight is not the only healthy choice for our bodies, eating and drinking clean is also important.

Is it mineral water what you tried? Sometimes I don't like the taste of it and I go for purified tap water.

Try different brands, maybe there's the perfect water for you out there
  • AMHuston
    Options
    Sometimes the best way to start drinking water is to force yourself. If you have a water bottle, make it a goal to drink 1/4 of it by lunch time, 1/2 of it by mid-afternoon, all of it by dinner, etc. Keep upping the amounts until you are getting a proper amount of pure water in yourself every day.
  • mcdjX2
    mcdjX2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe try seltzer? Or unsweetened iced green or herbal tea?

Really cold water sometimes me feel sick, but cool or room temperature goes down easy.

I really love water! Other drinks coat my tongue and don't really quench my thirst. If I drink soda or juice, I still drink a glass of water afterward.