not ditching any weight WTF??

Options
HI everyone

Here is my problem.
I 've been working out really hard for the past 3 weeks ( 6 to 8 hours of mainly spinning and boddy pump average every week) and eating clean within my calorie restriction.
My BMR is 1500 and my TDEE is 2100.
I eat 1700 per day of at least 80% healthy food.

I feel much better within my head, really good mood and positivity ( my body must love endorphins haha) as well as better within my own skin definitely more toned, more flexible and i have a much better posture! Amazing what sport can actually do.

Yes … BUT I HAVENT LOST A DAMN POUND!!

I am being too impatient ? what is the matter?

Thank you per advance for your advices

Cheers

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Maybe too soon but most common diagnosis for this complaint is stop being in denial and record properly.
  • juliecl86
    juliecl86 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks pal but as you can see on my diary I am litteraly recording everything I eat. I have a food scale too.
  • juliecl86
    Options
    So definitely no denial here.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss may be masked by your body retaining water as a result of starting a new exercise routine. My scale bounced up 3lbs when I started jogging.
  • jpads1234
    jpads1234 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your doing everything right hang in there and the weight will come off!
  • underw64
    underw64 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ditch the scale and start measuring yourself. I gained three pounds but lost an inch everywhere - fat was replacing itself with muscle so I wasn't technically losing according to the scale, but I was according to my clothes, if that makes sense.
  • juliecl86
    Options
    ahhh thanks for your support guys!

Underw64. Yes i ve actually noticed that my belt became too big! ^^

How is this possible without loosing weight? and am I actually going to loose some? ( stupid question I suppose but never mind I had to ask just in case!)
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great that you have started this journey, congrats! I can imagine it being a bit frustrating that you haven't lost, but have you tried to check your progress in other areas - like measuring your hips and waist and seeing if they are decreasing?

Also, looking at your diary, it does seem that your daily calories are a bit low for days were you have burned a lot of cals through exercise. It might be better for you to eat a little bit more on those days - especially if you feel hungry. Then again, MFP characteristically overestimates calories burned through exercise, which makes me hesitate to tell you to eat everything back, especially since you are (thankfully) not on 1200 cals per day.

Also, it doesn't say on your profile what weight you are at now. If you are already in a healthy or close to healthy weight range, the weight is going to come off slower.... I'm sure though that if you stick with it, you will get results! Good luck! And in the meantime try and focus on the other positive benefits you are getting from starting this journey!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you lost??

Do you weigh everything that goes into your mouth??

More than likely your not in a deficit.
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's totally frustrating! I finally had a loss morning after almost 8 weeks of stall. Ugh! But I took the advice of others on here and measured...In the last 3 weeks I have lost 3 inches on my waist and 2.5 on my thighs. Weight continued to be the same or MORE and I was actually smaller. Try for yourself! It might be just the thing to motivate while the scale stalls out.
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    You're losing inches and that is great! Forget about the scale for a while, it sounds like you're doing everything right!
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

How is this possible without loosing weight? and am I actually going to loose some? ( stupid question I suppose but never mind I had to ask just in case!)

This is possible because muscle is more dense, and a pound of muscle occupies more space than a pound of fat. So yes, you can be the same weight and still look thinner; your body composition changes.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Mirroring what everyone is saying...You appear to be losing inches and it may seem counterintuitive to you with no weight loss but that just means your replacing fat with muscle and thats a good thing. Keep at it!
  • juliecl86
    Options
    Malkee84. thanks for your advices and to answer your question about my weight I am rather confused my home scale ( digital) inducates 79 kg ( really??? that would mean I gained 3 kg since I ve started … I am a bit sceptic.. but it shows the same every day)
    and the scale at my local gym indicates that im fluctuating between 76-77 kg…
    That is what I weighted when I started.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I would rather weigh 170lbs of pure muscle than the 170lbs I am right now... I don't care about the number but I do care about my body composition :)
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    My question would be... when you calculated your TDEE did you include the hours that you're working out every week? All I know is that when I was working out like a maniac like that... I wasn't losing. When I pulled back on the workouts and started doing mostly lifting 3x/week for about 20min and a little cardio here and there (no more than 30min) I started losing. I'd say you may be underestimating how many calories you're burning and eating too little.

(I'm burning between 1800-2100 calories/day with no major cardio)

Good luck!

ETA: it also looks like your protein is a little low on some days. You should be getting 1 gram/1 lb of lean body mass.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    How did you calculate your TDEE? How much do you need to lose? 20% may be too much of a deficit if you have 15 or less to lose.

Also, if you're using TDEE, you shouldn't be logging your exercise calories as it already has them included in that number. (I log them as 1 burned so I have a record of my workouts, but I just eat up to my calorie limit and worry about that number only.)

And you're losing inches and that's what counts. I've only lost a few pounds this past year, but I've lost about 8% body fat, so I don't really rely on the scale anymore at all.
  • juliecl86
    Options
    Malkee84. thanks for your advices and to answer your question about my weight I am rather confused my home scale ( digital) inducates 79 kg ( really??? that would mean I gained 3 kg since I ve started … I am a bit sceptic.. but it shows the same every day)
    and the scale at my local gym indicates that im fluctuating between 76-77 kg…
    That is what I weighted when I started.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

This is possible because muscle is more dense, and a pound of muscle occupies more space than a pound of fat. So yes, you can be the same weight and still look thinner; your body composition changes.

Check out this site: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This will sound crazy, especially since you haven't lost any on the scale and seem to be getting a little frustrated - but you might want to eat a little more. Here's why:

I looked at your last 7 days of food and you average eating 1543 calories a day.

Then I looked at your exercise for the week, and it says you did 2316 calories. Also, you basically said you are doing about 6 hours a week of various spinning and bodypump workouts. So, 2316 divided by 7 indicates you are burning about 330 calories per day, on average.

So you net daily average calorie intake is 1212 calories. That might be a little low with the level of activity you are sustaining. Maybe try to eat the adjusted calorie level MFP gives you on the days you workout hard.