not ditching any weight WTF??

Options

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Another thing. I took a look at your diary. You are working out now, so you need more protein. Even more than what mfp says.

Rule of thumb is at least 1 g of protein per day for every pound of lean body mass (LBM) you have. As a rough estimate, you can take your actual current weight and multiply it by .6 or .8 for lbm. Also, try to eat at least 20-50 g's of protein per meal and no more than 50g's. If you need to eat protein more often than just 3 meals, split it up. This will help you recover and get you back going onto the fat burn stage faster. I personally took out breads, pastas's, and rice for the sake of more protein. This will push your body to rely more on the fat stores rather than the carbs you are eating. Eat whole fruit with lots of fiber (like 3 servings a day) and salads and vegables to replace the stored glycogen you loose from exercise so you don't hit that wall during your workout. Also, watch your sodium levels so you don't retain water. And drink lots of water to flush out what sodium and other toxins you may be harboring in your body that will hamper weight loss.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Actually the recommendation for protein intake is 1g per 1kg of body weight.
  • juliecl86
    juliecl86 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot.

I definitely need to eat more proteins good point!
    regarding to bread pasta and rice I really cut them out. I eat usually like 3 slices of low cal of hole wheat bread per day ( 48 cal each slice)
    Besides no potatoes, no rice, no pasta. I don't crave them either BUT as a frenchy I need my bread, even a little bit :)
    and 2 to 3L of water a day. I am a bid drinker I am always thirsty and especially after workouts.

Another thing. I took a look at your diary. You are working out now, so you need more protein. Even more than what mfp says.

Rule of thumb is at least 1 g of protein per day for every pound of lean body mass (LBM) you have. As a rough estimate, you can take your actual current weight and multiply it by .6 or .8 for lbm. Also, try to eat at least 20-50 g's of protein per meal and no more than 50g's. If you need to eat protein more often than just 3 meals, split it up. This will help you recover and get you back going onto the fat burn stage faster. I personally took out breads, pastas's, and rice for the sake of more protein. This will push your body to rely more on the fat stores rather than the carbs you are eating. Eat whole fruit with lots of fiber (like 3 servings a day) and salads and vegables to replace the stored glycogen you loose from exercise so you don't hit that wall during your workout. Also, watch your sodium levels so you don't retain water. And drink lots of water to flush out what sodium and other toxins you may be harboring in your body that will hamper weight loss.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Actually the recommendation for protein intake is 1g per 1kg of body weight.

depends which forum you go to or what philosophy you live by. In the US we weigh ourselves in lbs, not kg's. So a formula for lbs is easier to calculate here.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144615
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    People of MFP: STOP!

Low protein, female, and doing spinning and bodypump? OP is not gaining muscle. Seriously. Not unless she's on - ahem - enhancements. And I doubt that's the case.

Either OP is eating more than she thinks (not in a deficit) or is retaining water. My guess is the latter.

This.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Low protein, female, and doing spinning and bodypump? OP is not gaining muscle. Seriously. Not unless she's on - ahem - enhancements. And I doubt that's the case.

Either OP is eating more than she thinks (not in a deficit) or is retaining water. My guess is the latter.

Adding this to my list of copy and paste answers...
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    i need to loose at least 22 lbs and yes I did include my exercices in my TDEE.
    And as you may have noticed I am usualy litre bit under my calorie intake and especially on my working out day because weirly I am not hungry at all after working out. The hunger comes like 6 hours later usually. I am eating even if I am not hungry though.

If you only have 22 lbs to lose, you need to do it very slow. Like 1/2 pound per week.

Losing at 1 lb/wk is fine for someone with 22 lbs to lose. Shifting to 1/2 lb/wk usually happens around 10 lbs to go.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Malkee84. thanks for your advices and to answer your question about my weight I am rather confused my home scale ( digital) inducates 79 kg ( really??? that would mean I gained 3 kg since I ve started … I am a bit sceptic.. but it shows the same every day)
    and the scale at my local gym indicates that im fluctuating between 76-77 kg…
    That is what I weighted when I started.

I would be inclined to be skeptical of a scale that told me I weighed the same "every day" -- even if you're really careful about weighing at the same time, under the same conditions (e.g., empty bladder,same weight in clothes or naked), there should be some day-to-day fluctuation. Does you home scale have a memory function? I'd actually be wondering if it was malfunctioning.

More generally, your 400 calorie a day deficit (2100-1700) works out to 0.8 lb. (.36 kg) a week projected loss, so after three weeks, that's still just barely one kilo. It's great that you've set a realistic, sustainable, muscle-preserving deficit, but you need to be patient. If you're seeing a loss in circumferential measurements (inches), and you're at a deficit, a properly functioning scale will eventually register the difference.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    ahhh thanks for your support guys!

Underw64. Yes i ve actually noticed that my belt became too big! ^^

How is this possible without loosing weight? and am I actually going to loose some? ( stupid question I suppose but never mind I had to ask just in case!)

This is possible because muscle is more dense, and a pound of muscle occupies more space than a pound of fat. So yes, you can be the same weight and still look thinner; your body composition changes.

A pound of muscle occupies LESS space than a lb of fat (just fixing the typo).
    In any case she's not going to put on any significant amount of muscle in 3 weeks.

OP I would decrease cals by 100 and see where it takes you.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! If you have lost inches and it's only been 3 weeks, just keep doing what you are doing. I'm sure the weight you have lost is just being masked by water weight right now because of the exercise. It will sort out later :)

If you were not at a deficit you wouldn't be losing on the scale or tape measure. Besides, you probably know whether you are eating less and moving more, lol. That's usually the easiest part to know for sure early on! Trust that it will work (at least until you lose enough weight to have to recalculate things).
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

I'm sure that article works for a lot of people, but the basic truth is that the most common cause of not losing weight is because a person is eating more than they think.. A person who does not lose weight is not eating in a calorie deficit. This means the person needs to eat less (or exercise more) not eat more food.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

This a thousand times over.
  • Quantumanthem
    Options
    Hey, maybe it is a bit too soon, but just be aware that your body retains water weight when you work out/after you work out :) If you've just started working out 3 weeks ago then that might be the reason. However, if not, check your scales.

My scales are a little dodgy because when no ones standing on it sometimes the needle points to 1 or 2 kgs, so just audjust it or keep that note in mind. (I do that just fo the thrill of weight less than the scale actually says lol) i know I"M CRAY CRAY

Muscle is much denser and weighs more than fat :) Maybe do a little more cardio and not so much weight training. you should do weighs 3x a week not more and not on consecutive days.

also DO YOGA!! BREEEAAATHE. If you're stressed out (like I was when doing my higher school certificate) I know from experience that your stomach gets bloated!! So do some yoga, stretching or meditate or something :)

Cheers!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    do you have a hrm? are you eating back your exercise calories? if you do not have a heart rate monitor and use the mfp exercise calculations it is possible that you are eating back more than you are actually burning.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Takes around 3 weeks to start losing weight. Keep at it, something will give soon. It seems like you are trying too hard. Don't forget that muscles also retain water to heal so that could be a problem. Have a few days off from exercising.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    Hey, maybe it is a bit too soon, but just be aware that your body retains water weight when you work out/after you work out :) If you've just started working out 3 weeks ago then that might be the reason. However, if not, check your scales.

My scales are a little dodgy because when no ones standing on it sometimes the needle points to 1 or 2 kgs, so just audjust it or keep that note in mind. (I do that just fo the thrill of weight less than the scale actually says lol) i know I"M CRAY CRAY

Muscle is much denser and weighs more than fat :) Maybe do a little more cardio and not so much weight training. you should do weighs 3x a week not more and not on consecutive days.

also DO YOGA!! BREEEAAATHE. If you're stressed out (like I was when doing my higher school certificate) I know from experience that your stomach gets bloated!! So do some yoga, stretching or meditate or something :)

Cheers!

Sorry to be annoying but the 'muscle weighs more than fat' thing is a myth,
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    Maybe too soon but most common diagnosis for this complaint is stop being in denial and record properly.

Maybe you need to get your head out of your butt and stop being so ignorant. Believe it or not but *shock horror* there are other reasons why people have a hard time losing weight.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    Oh and you will lose weight. I was doing the 30 day shred, I gained a pound but it went after a few days. I say anyday now you will see a loss but take a day or two off exercising, let your muscles heal and that will be great.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    According to your diary, there are days you eat 1200 calories and burn 900 calories in exercise. Which is 300 net calories for the day.

Is that correct...?