5'4 girls. When did you lose that over hanging belly?

Options
Howdy fitness pals!

The title explains it all!

At what weight did that over hanging belly become flat for you? 1'm now at 160lbs and it's shrunk a lot but not entirely gone!

Please post you success stories and before and afters!

;D

Replies

• nissaea
    Options
    well I went from 350 to 247 so far and I've unfortunately still got a full fledged hanging belly but I don't expect it to dissapear. Even when I hit 160. Why? Because of the stretched out skin from being obese for so long. There will always be hanging there unless it's surgically removed. Same thing for my arms! I hope this isn't the case for you!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    At 45 I was not actually optimistic that I my lower belly would actually go down as much as it has but I do the elliptical backwards and that is supposed to help the lower stomach area and so far so good.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    <<<The picture here is July 2013-Currently...it is a matter of cleaning up the eating, consistent intake of water, and massive cardio for me..I am getting back in the weight training now and seeing great muscle development from that... I still have a lower pouch but it is getting smaller...
  • AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump**
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I went from 225 and am now at 182. My overhang is almost all gone. Not sure how much is weight loss and how much is the oil I run into it everyday, or if it is jillian michaels and her 30 day shred. But I'm loving it. I have high hopes it will be gone entirely by 160. Maybe do more core work?
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    The belly flap? Oh it's still hangin! :grumble:
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    start lifting
    resistance training will help pull all that back.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5. 40 -45 from goal and I'm seeing my tummy go but as for the hanging over pants line belly,, I wouldn't say its really hanging. It sticks out though...and my fat is like a donut shape around my belly button o.o.. I'm not sure if that will go. but no harm in trying!

I think it all depends on how much you have lost, how fast, how old you are, genetics and the type of exercise you do. So there are a lot of contributing factors, which is why I'm in the same boat as you haha. I'd love to see some 5'3-5'5 women and what weight they were when they lost there's. I have a feeling i'll have to be around 130-120lbs before mines almost gone. =(

^^ Mine is sort of how it's described here, not really hanging but it sticks out! I'm pretty sure, because I've been overweight for so long that I'm going to have to cut down to a pretty low weight then do a bulk. This would be to, I suppose I could say "full up" any potential lose skin. That being said, I've lost weight slowly and have seen amazing improvement since lifting weights :smile:
  • squatdatass
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" and I never really had a hanging belly, I'm 188 pounds right now. I guess it just depends on the person.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I still have about 20 pounds to go, and it is smaller but still hanging on.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    3 kids later I still have mine. It's just smaller.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Still got a handful of it... Working on it... (I'm 176 pounds)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 but close enough. I weigh 149 lbs. It still hangs a little bit but not much. I noticed it start going down around the 160 mark. Slowly but surely.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Every time I stand up
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    So far I've lost 62 pounds but I've still got it! It's "shrinking", so to speak but its not gone at all. I dont think it ever will.

What kind of exercises are people using that are helping??? Be specific please, for those of us who need "Belly Exercises for Dummies". :o)
  • ChiJen8
    Options
    I've gone from 167 to 138 and still have my belly. It's definitely getting smaller but it's taken the longest out of any part of my body.
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    At 45 I was not actually optimistic that I my lower belly would actually go down as much as it has but I do the elliptical backwards and that is supposed to help the lower stomach area and so far so good.

Do you turn around or just motion your legs backwards with your body facing forward. Typing this "out loud" makes me think the latter, but I'm just curious.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

Do you turn around or just motion your legs backwards with your body facing forward. Typing this "out loud" makes me think the latter, but I'm just curious.

LOL :laugh: I was thinking the exact same thing!! "Backwards on an elliptical?? That's what people are doing now? Sounds dangerous!!" :laugh:
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my highest weight was 220. even then, I didn't have one. Everybody's body is different. I carry my weight in my boobs, butt and thighs and maintain an hourglass shape regardless of weight (up to 220 at least!). But I work with a girl who can't weigh more than 120 and is about my height... and she somehow has a tiny gut.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!