5'4 girls. When did you lose that over hanging belly?

Options
2»

Replies

• Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my highest weight was 220. even then, I didn't have one. Everybody's body is different. I carry my weight in my boobs, butt and thighs and maintain an hourglass shape regardless of weight (up to 220 at least!). But I work with a girl who can't weigh more than 120 and is about my height... and she somehow has a tiny gut.

Yes every body is different but that doesnt mean we cant get fit or lose bf% or should just give up. Even apple shapes can get fit. I hold all my weight in my breasts and thighs too but at a high bf% my abs cant be seen (due to that small cover/fat store) Just as i bet yours can't.

I think the general idea here is keep eating well, keep lifting and working out, make it a life style and as i said before, even an apple shape can get abs. No need to discouage.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Every person is different and if that part of your belly is excess skin then you won't lose it. If you are blessed with great elasticity in your skin then it will bounce back....if not, it will just hang. I lost 130 pounds, kept it off for two years and my mid section had hanging skin....in 2009 I had that skin removed....there is no amount of exercise or miracle lotion that will take it away....it's all genetics.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I think there might be a difference between hanging belly and just a big bloated belly that does not hang. The hanging belly literally hangs down, like a flap & I have it, and the big belly doesn't hang. My belly didn't start hanging over and down till I hit a certain weight but that was over 200#. I've always had a huge belly, probably due to emotional issues, but it's always looked like one of those "starving children" pix, even as a child. Just a huge belly, but not hanging.

Right now it is hanging down, but I am hoping that once I start going back down I'll lose the hang again and it will be just big. I was down to 204 earlier this year and it started to hang a lot less, then I went back up, and well it did too, and really hangs.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I'm at 145 and it is smaller & flat....
  • TimElwis
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my highest weight was 220. even then, I didn't have one. Everybody's body is different. I carry my weight in my boobs, butt and thighs and maintain an hourglass shape regardless of weight (up to 220 at least!). But I work with a girl who can't weigh more than 120 and is about my height... and she somehow has a tiny gut.

Yes every body is different but that doesnt mean we cant get fit or lose bf% or should just give up. Even apple shapes can get fit. I hold all my weight in my breasts and thighs too but at a high bf% my abs cant be seen (due to that small cover/fat store) Just as i bet yours can't.

I think the general idea here is keep eating well, keep lifting and working out, make it a life style and as i said before, even an apple shape can get abs. No need to discouage.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Anyone can get abs. It's all about what you eat, what you do and if you keep it up. I was told i'd never have abs and it was genetics. NO. I have abs!!!!! 1 year of hard work, weights 3 times a week, eating right and never giving up. I'm so proud i ignored the put downs. My skin snapped back, that took 2 years but it did. 120lbs lost 4 years to lose the weight.

Don't give up, don't let rude jealous people put you down. Be the best you can be and NEVER give up.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.....don't get discouraged. You're doing a great job however, not everyone has the same elasticity in their skin....abs are under your skin....you can tone your abs to be rock hard but if you have poor elasticity and the skin is hanging and lose, it won't snap back. Fortunately some people have great skin....hopefully you are one of those people. Keep up the good work!!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Honestly, mine went away when I had it lopped off. I had a horrible panniculus, even after losing 60 pounds because of my two pregnancies. A modified tummy tuck was needed to remove the excess skin.
  • youmnahm96
    Options
    I'm 5'4 130lbs and I've lost 22lbs since i started but that lower belly is still hanging because I'm just that lucky
  • wonderiss
    wonderiss Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Haven't lost it unfortunately. I've gone from 271 to 123 and that stupid belly is still there. My doctor says I should only lose 3 more pounds before I am at an unhealthy weight. Sure hoping those 3 pounds come from my disgusting gut!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think if your hips are narrow, more sticks out in front.
    so it shows more - wider hips flatter tummy.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'm about 170 lbs right now and I haven't lost it. It looks better after having lost some weight (HW 215), but it's still there. I will add that weight training and 30DS have given me the best and fastest results and improvement. Those two workouts give me hope that when I reach my goal I will be happy. It won't be perfect - I'm 39, have had two kids, and have been overweight for 15 years - but I'm hopeful that I'll get good results and will be satisfied.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I've heard plenty of times that abs are made in the kitchen. You may not be looking for a six pack at this point but cleaning up your diet might really help.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!